Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstone
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/it1myr

Amplification of his rude swearing.

Those who could not understand chinese, find a chinese pal and translate for you. Man this guy is a shame of the chinese and badminton community.
    I heard it, and who ever did the swearing, it wasn't LYB, the person who swore was complaining to someone else, and what was said did not contain a single second person pronoun, in addition, LYB wasn't talking with anyone at the time. Plus the voice didn't sound like his either. It was most likely from someone in the broadcasting crew.
    Last edited by newplayer; 09-24-2006 at 09:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it appears to me most of you here believe media sources a lot more than you should. they blow **** up out of nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Source : Xinhua

MADRID, Sept. 23 (Xinhua) -- World number one Lee Chongwei of Malaysia failed to exorcize the jinx haunting top seeds as he lost to Chinese Bao Chunlai in the quarterfinals of World Badminton Championships on Friday.

The 23-year-old top seed saved one match point before losing out 22-20, 12-21, 21-18.
    Bao, also 23, who never beat Lee in their previous six encounters according to IBF statistics, jumped into air before hugging his coach Zhong Bo in excitement.
    "I found my touch finally after I found a right mindset to play him," Bao said.
    "In our previous meetings, I wanted too much to beat him, and that put me under unnecessary pressure which affected my game.
    "In today's match, I only wanted to go all out to play him, I did not care about the eventual result. What I wanted to do is to play my game, I think this mentality helped me pull off the win," he said.
    While the Chinese were celebrating, a sullen mood was developing inside the Malaysian set-up.
    Lee refused to speak to Chinese reporters citing that a Chinese coach had vilified him in the match.
    "He asked Bao to break my leg, did you hear that?" said Lee who seemed to be very incensed.
    His coach Li Mao, who left the Chinese team for Malaysia after an acrimonious dispute with Chinese head coach Li Yongbo two years ago, emerged into the mixed zone with a more furious mood.
    "Don't speak too much to them, leave now," he yelled at Lee who was finally persuaded to talk.
    After the Chinese coaches and players strongly denied that they had humiliated Lee in the match, the Malaysian said: "I don't mean he said here, he did say that in the Hong Kong Open."
    "I thought I was also jinxed, as in my memory no players have won the World Championships as the top seed.
    "I should have won the match in straight games, in the first game I led by 20-18, but he miraculously saved two game points and won by 22-20. "He played better than me, I became a little nervous in the latter stage of the match, and some linesmen's calls also upset me," he said.

p/s :Sorry moderators, I know this issue should come to an end and I have no intention to bring it up again but I just want to share the reports from China's media to be fair to LYB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just like the article about LYB saying his impression of LCW changed when LCW said to malaysian reporters after MO, that LD was the player he does not respect.

yet our fellow malaysian BCers said that heard no such comment made by LCW.

it could be the chinese media putting words into lyb's mouth, it could be the malaysian media not reporting what LCW said(not that likely because media usually can't resist the chance to cause uproar), or it could be a result of a little rephrasing, a little exaggeration, or simply concocted falsehood.

all these hoo ha are actually no big deal, reporters flock to players after every match, hoping they will say something wrong (especially after being physically and mentally exhuasted ) so that they can publish the news and cause some uproar. i just want to say that the integrity of these published contents itself are usually very much questioned.
    Last edited by DivingBirdie; 09-24-2006 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *izzyC*
    After the Chinese coaches and players strongly denied that they had humiliated Lee in the match, the Malaysian said: "I don't mean he said here, he did say that in the Hong Kong Open."
    Here is my impression of LCW:

Mummy! I couldn't concentrate because I thought he was mean to me 2 months ago! It's not my fault that I messed up!

Seriously, LCW should grow up and be a man.

Oh, btw, Xinhua reported what LCW said, which may or may not be what actually happened.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look, if LYB was abusing the Japanese umpire, surely the umpire would have red-carded LYB there and then and have him sent out from the hall. If LYB shouted abuses at LCW, loud enough for him to hear it, surely many people, including all the Malaysian coaches, would have heard it. Why didn't the Malaysian coaches jump out from their seats and confront LYB, and for good measure throw back some even abusive words at him? If they did, perhaps it would have turned the tide of the match? Tit-for-tat, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DivingBirdie
    just like the article about LYB saying his impression of LCW changed when LCW said to malaysian reporters after MO, that LD was the player he does not respect.

yet our fellow malaysian BCers said that heard no such comment made by LCW.

it could be the chinese media putting words into lyb's mouth, it could be the malaysian media not reporting what LCW said(not that likely because media usually can't resist the chance to cause uproar), or it could be a result of a little rephrasing, a little exaggeration, or simply concocted falsehood.

all these hoo ha are actually no big deal, reporters flock to players after every match, hoping they will say something wrong (especially after being physically and mentally exhuasted ) so that they can publish the news and cause some uproar. i just want to say that the integrity of these published contents itself are usually very much questioned.

You are right. Much ado about nothing. Sensation is what the press want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=*izzyC*] After the Chinese coaches and players strongly denied that they had humiliated Lee in the match, the Malaysian said: "I don't mean he said here, he did say that in the Hong Kong Open."
    "

Haha, most interesting part here.
    What about all those bashes ignited by your previous words?

Poor guy, I can see that he is really exhausted and frustrated to mingle past with reality. Blured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Who do we think we are

Quote Originally Posted by hara^kazuko
    But if u guys think the other way, badminton is a popular sport with millions watching this live, Li Yong Bo's action is ruining China's image... I dont really want other ppl thinks the same way about chinese players... As a chinese myself, I definitely want my fellow malay and indian frens to have a good impression about chinese
    Are the 6 million so called Chinese in Msia so important that we can tell

1.3 billion people in China to behave so that we can impress our Malay and indian friends?

Or is it the other way round, we should be all out to impress 1.3 billion people who may one day be our saviours?

I think if tomorrow Msia disappears from the map no one will notice.

I think we must have a sense of proportion and realities of this world.

Is Mr. Lee Kuan Yew listening ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What LYB said in the video clip is a commonly used curse among the less-educated chinese people, but vicious too. I'm 110% sure if he cursed the poor Japanese umpire the same thing using English, he'd be in a big big trouble, from the umpire, IBF as well as the international media. in the politics context, it's called a scandal.

sportsmanship is always good to see in badminton. to me badminton is a gentlemen's sport like golf and snooker. Never mind how nasty the footballers and NBA basketballers and their coaches are on and off courts. That simply does not justify anything in badminton. There were/are bad boys in tennis, but overall tennis is clean, players, coaches and crowd are well behaved.

LYB is a person who doesn't hesite to use any means to achieve what he wants. This is his battlefield and anyone who has a conflict of interest with him is simply his enemy. He is the Ironfist. His (nasty) public image never bothers him. Or rather, a decent loser is no match to a nasty winner to him.

Having said that, please don't be surprised if LYB is being nasty to anyone related to Li Mao, his feud. Being it LCW, WCH or Zhou Mi (remember?).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't li's behaviour very American or even European.

Nice guys dont achieve great things.

Trouble with the minority people in Msia & Ina is because

we spend our lives compromising and accomodating our neighbours

that we do not know how to be mean to achieve.

I think I can cure LYB by forcing him to live among us as minority people and

suffer discriminatory treatment, the n he can be Mr. Nice Guy and spread the religion to the 1.3 million Chinese.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn
    Isn't li's behaviour very American or even European.

Nice guys dont achieve great things.

Trouble with the minority people in Msia & Ina is because

we spend our lives compromising and accomodating our neighbours

that we do not know how to be mean to achieve.

I think I can cure LYB by forcing him to live among us as minority people and

suffer discriminatory treatment, the n he can be Mr. Nice Guy and spread the religion to the 1.3 million Chinese.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might hv one solution:
    why don't just withdraw whenever facing chn player in all tournament and let them win all the title if their wanted it so desperately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is definitely not a good solution...This will make things worse...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw for those who do not understand what LYB said in mandarin he cursed the Jap umpire F*** in chinese slang... correct me if i am wrong...

tis is very unsportmanship like he should be sack...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYB abusing the Jap umpire is just a fact. The umpire didn't do anything I guess because he doesn't understand mandarin.

LCW's case is a bit more complicated though. LCW maybe too disturbed and mingle what happened in HK with what happened in WC. Anyway, mentally LCW is still a kid, I agree that he needs to be more mature. WCH is very mature even at early 20s. Ppl ARE different.

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    Look, if LYB was abusing the Japanese umpire, surely the umpire would have red-carded LYB there and then and have him sent out from the hall. If LYB shouted abuses at LCW, loud enough for him to hear it, surely many people, including all the Malaysian coaches, would have heard it. Why didn't the Malaysian coaches jump out from their seats and confront LYB, and for good measure throw back some even abusive words at him? If they did, perhaps it would have turned the tide of the match? Tit-for-tat, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    That means that we have to steal, kill and do whatever to achieve the results that we want.
    erm.. y dun IBF jux organise WBC or other tournaments jux for CHINA players to participate.. golds..silvers..bronzes..all belongs to China since their chief coach luv it sooooo much... with this li yong bo dunnid to waste his energy n saliva to shout at players from other countries..

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast