User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 86 to 102 of 116
  1. #86
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn
    Isn't this the culture of people living as minorities in a hostile environment,

    with very lax laws, when someone wants to rob you in JB or KL just hand over all your money meekly to avoid conflict, life goes on.

    in developed countiries people have different values, they have principles

    or " Yi yi ' and are not afraid of conflict and shed blood for what they believe.

    We should be careful when we air our attitudes as the whole world is listening,we should also learn to benchmark our standards to the rest of the world, otherwise, as will happen china people will only see us as "village people" and frogs living in a well.

    Do we expect the world to follow our example of cowardly behaviour?

    Of course we have no choice where we live, but that doesn't mean other people must follow our standards.
    Bbn, i wouldn't totally agree with you. my point is, there is a vast zone between cowards and nasty people. real men are neither cowards nor nasty. it is not true that you have no choice but be nasty if you don't want to be bullied as a coward. not a good excuse to be nasty.

    you mentioned "principles", and i'd add one more: "values". guard your values with your life.

    values are not necessarily always positive. "whatever it takes" and "be nasty to win" are values too. let's not argue they are good or bad values. Things may not be as simple as good and bad. What i can say is that, i will never impart these to my kids. I will do my best to lead them to decent people with dignity. i wish my kids live that way and are happy being that way, though at a price.

  2. #87
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    900
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    haha indeed u can hear LYB swearing some crap after walking away from the umpire...
    Anyway its not the first time we hear the chinese team swears anyways...
    LD, Bao, CH swears all the time...
    The best one was AE2006 final when LD swears "CAO NI MA DE B" during match against LCW... hahaa....
    So no surprise hearing this from LYB

  3. #88
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Muddy Estuary
    Posts
    686
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simp84
    haha indeed u can hear LYB swearing some crap after walking away from the umpire...
    Anyway its not the first time we hear the chinese team swears anyways...
    LD, Bao, CH swears all the time...
    The best one was AE2006 final when LD swears "CAO NI MA DE B" during match against LCW... hahaa....
    So no surprise hearing this from LYB
    I guess LYB is setting a good example to his disciples! A bunch of foul mouths!

  4. #89
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    malaysia, kuching
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ggsam
    HAHA... i finally heard wat he said

    "这主裁判他妈的不是人,就这麽臭蛋"

    He is the one who saying it. Cannot be deny!
    hahahha, i do not think the phrase is that bad as fxxxing egg. i do watch some china mainland-made movie, it's just some common slang like where we sometimes said 'Sxxx!'. hahahah don't get me wrong, I am not defending LYB, i don like his attitude as well.
    Last edited by milolo; 09-27-2006 at 04:36 AM.

  5. #90
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    5,140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well...all this words are actually insulting himself...I can't believe that these kind of words come out from someone mouth..

  6. #91
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milolo
    hahahha, i do not think the phrase is that bad as fxxxing egg. i do watch some china mainland-made movie, it's just some common slang like where we sometimes said 'Sxxx!'. hahahah don't get me wrong, I am not defending LYB, i don like his attitude as well.
    i understood wad u mean however he directed it at the Jap umpire unlike making a casual remark...

  7. #92
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milolo
    hahahha, i do not think the phrase is that bad as fxxxing egg. i do watch some china mainland-made movie, it's just some common slang like where we sometimes said 'Sxxx!'. hahahah don't get me wrong, I am not defending LYB, i don like his attitude as well.
    how bad was it? it's all subjective. an upward middle finger didn't make much sense to me when i was a kid. same thing can have different effects on different people. it had zero effect to the japanese umpire 'cuz he didn't understand!

  8. #93
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia
    Posts
    2,576
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LYB is really a disgrace to badminton sport. How could he say all those things?? Bear in mind, he is representing his country China. I believe Msian wont do that!!!

  9. #94
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,280
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simp84
    The best one was AE2006 final when LD swears "CAO NI MA DE B" during match against LCW... hahaa....
    If this is true, it's very low class.

  10. #95
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    151
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you guys should prove your mandarin, , i ask my friend who is from china what '**** egg' means. he said it means a$$hole or bad guy. there is no fxxx meaning here.

  11. #96
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,280
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyang
    you guys should prove your mandarin, , i ask my friend who is from china what '**** egg' means. he said it means a$$hole or
    bad guy. there is no fxxx meaning here.
    "Prove" my Mandarin? OK, the next time LYB curses at LCW, LCW should respond, "Oh yeah? 'Gan ni niang chi ba mao!'"

    I bet LYB will flip. ... ...

  12. #97
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    900
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    If this is true, it's very low class.
    although many audience probably wont understand...
    But I can hear it while watching the match on downloaded video~
    he was fustrated with a shot and shouted CAO NI MA DE B~~~~~~~~~~
    and the mic picks it up... lol

  13. #98
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    a malaysian living in UK
    Posts
    443
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simp84
    although many audience probably wont understand...
    But I can hear it while watching the match on downloaded video~
    he was fustrated with a shot and shouted CAO NI MA DE B~~~~~~~~~~
    and the mic picks it up... lol
    Hey Simp 84, do you still remember which set was that? Like coach, like players.

  14. #99
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    900
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malaysianfan
    Hey Simp 84, do you still remember which set was that? Like coach, like players.
    lol.. I will have to look through~ give me some time

  15. #100
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    900
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malaysianfan
    Hey Simp 84, do you still remember which set was that? Like coach, like players.
    Opps my bad.. its against LYI AE06 Final... 2nd set... LD14-6... when LHI had a lucky net caught.. service over to Lee..
    Then LD gave out a loud shout... CAO NI B AH... CHAO~~~~~~~~ haha

    There are plenty of them.. I think Bao swear Chao during China Masters 05 finals...

  16. #101
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    a malaysian living in UK
    Posts
    443
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simp84
    Opps my bad.. its against LYI AE06 Final... 2nd set... LD14-6... when LHI had a lucky net caught.. service over to Lee..
    Then LD gave out a loud shout... CAO NI B AH... CHAO~~~~~~~~ haha

    There are plenty of them.. I think Bao swear Chao during China Masters 05 finals...
    Thanks Simp84. Luckily LYI doesn't understand Mandarin. The players are public figure and i think they should behave themselves on the court since they have so many fans.

  17. #102
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    900
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malaysianfan
    Thanks Simp84. Luckily LYI doesn't understand Mandarin. The players are public figure and i think they should behave themselves on the court since they have so many fans.
    but audiences around the world does understand mandarin...
    and it was so loud that the camera microphone picked it up loud and clear! lol
    Last edited by Simp84; 09-27-2006 at 02:03 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Racket abuse warning?
    By Jason123 in forum Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating
    Replies: 33
    : 07-22-2012, 03:06 PM
  2. The use and abuse of BadmintonCentral
    By chris-ccc in forum General Forum
    Replies: 158
    : 06-02-2011, 10:37 PM
  3. Abuse and Cheats
    By Matt Ross in forum General Forum
    Replies: 54
    : 12-10-2007, 04:03 PM
  4. A Big Slap To Liyongbo
    By the_way in forum Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philippines Open 2007
    Replies: 92
    : 07-18-2007, 10:38 PM
  5. NEWS : comment from LiYongbo and Hadinata
    By kwun in forum Thomas/Uber Cups 2004
    Replies: 0
    : 05-10-2004, 03:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •