TI 8? WHAT SHALL I USE TO REPLACE IT

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Eltonz, Jul 7, 2001.

1. Eltonz

Eltonz Guest

Hi all, i am the one who posted the topic about the TIME OUT thing.. thanks for all your replies! well i have a new topic...

I have my TI8 that is JUST almost a year old... or so and its great.. i loved it but i know they wont eb making anymore of this. I knwo this is a all round racket, and it has no Specialty to it.... but i am a very big smasher, and everythng and i found that the racket worked well for me,... i can ask my dealer to ask Yonex to get me another one i think.. but i am thinking about switching to another racket.. i have a ab900 and i find i cant do those wonderful drop shots as i can with my ti8... but lots of power with the AB900.. peopel tell me they cant even see the bird hit the ground when i smash.. i am thinign aout the ti7... what do u guys all think?? whast a suitable racket for me?? please help me :)

THanks

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    When i cant see the shuttle hit the ground, i call it out :lol:
    Anyway, maybe a mp77 is closer to your ti8 than a ti7

3. eltonz

eltonz Guest

Hahah :) thanks, but what are the similaritys r the mp77 and the ti8? whats its specialty? thanksf or eplying... what strings would go good for it and tension?? have u tried mp 77?cooler wrote:
    >
    > When i cant see the shuttle hit the ground, i call it
    > out :lol:
    > Anyway, maybe a mp77 is closer to your ti8 than a ti7

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

No. i havent tried mp77 yet, it's just my gut feel. Even if i did tried it, my descriptive words wouldn't be very accurate anyway. The best to ask your yonex dealer or friend to borrow a mp77 for a few shot

5. eltonz

eltonz Guest

OK thanks a lot... i am wondering if anyone else has anymore opinion ont his or suggest any other things.. thanks a lot i might get a demo mp77 to try out..

6. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    i have an mp77.
    its an even balanced racquet...or supposedly, kind of similar to the ti8 although the ti8 feels more head light......
    i posted a review on the '77...i like it a lot, i tried the ti7 also...and its not that great, power production of the racquet just doesnt match up to the mp77. ti7 flexes too much. as for strings and the tension, i'm using bg70 22x24lb.
    i can hit the bird from baseline to baseline with substantially less effort with the mp77 when compared to other racquets i've tried.
    something else you could consider is a swing power SS....

7. eltonz

eltonz Guest

THANKS! yea but whast the diffrence with head heavy and not head heavy?? more power? whast the disadvantage and the advantage of it? thanks a lotShaun wrote:
    >
    > i have an mp77.
    > its an even balanced racquet...or supposedly, kind of similar
    > to the ti8 although the ti8 feels more head light......
    > i posted a review on the '77...i like it a lot, i tried the
    > ti7 also...and its not that great, power production of the
    > racquet just doesnt match up to the mp77. ti7 flexes too
    > much. as for strings and the tension, i'm using bg70 22x24lb.
    > i can hit the bird from baseline to baseline with
    > substantially less effort with the mp77 when compared to
    > other racquets i've tried.
    > something else you could consider is a swing power
    > SS....

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

eltonz, there are 11 reviews on mp77 from badmintoncentral product review. Go the homepage for the link.

9. eltonz

eltonz Guest

thanks i will

10. Eltonz

Eltonz Guest

Re: I HAVE MORE TO ADD PLZ READ

HI! i just read all the posts in the product review and it sounds great! but one of them said that its liek the mp100 wexcept head heavier... i like a light racket i guess... so what do u think ofthe mp100? is it the same but head lighter?? cus i think it is better for me head heavy.... whast the diffrence anyways?

thanks

11. Scooby

Scooby Guest

Re: I HAVE MORE TO ADD PLZ READ

If u prefer a head light racquet, MP77 won't be suitable. My suggestion would be the ISO Ti-SP (SS or SX).

12. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Are u on the look out for another Ti 8?

I can procure one for u and mail it for u in case u require it.I think these are still available and are pretty cheap.

Mail me in case u are interested.

i think a good replacement would be a Ti 10.

U can try the AS 1 also.

13. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    head heavy can generate more power because it helps with the momentum build, but the trade off is that it will not be as maneuverable...i find that the mp77 balance for me is just great....head heavy enough to do good smashes, and has enough wait in the head to maintain stability for defence.

14. eltonz

eltonz Guest

THANKS EVERYONE I WILL TRY THE MP77.... YOGIESH.. how much would i have to pay canadian?

15. harry

harry Guest

hey yogesh, you got all the mailing and paying thing worked out? so how does the whole system work if i want to order from canada? how do i pay? how much for all teh mailing, fees and etc...e-mail me
    darkprince_0_@hotmail.com
    thz