Hey Kwun- Changes for Reviews Section

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Brett, Jul 8, 2001.

1. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Kwun, several times now I have proposed that you add a "Miscellaneous Items" category for each manufacturer listed in the Product Reviews section to catch new or uncommon products, and then for each type of product (racquets, strings, etc...) add a new manufacturer category for "Miscellaneous Brands." You haven't made those changes, so I am wondering, is this a lack-of-time issue or do you disagree with this idea? If the latter, could you please explain why? It really doesn't seem that this would be that difficult or time-consuming of a site modification.

Just this weekend, we have had posts from Bokor about a Babolat racquet and Babolat strings; a post from one of Kelvin's rubes, oops, I mean customers ;), about Forza racquets; one from Ricky about Gosen Aermet strings; and one from Byro selling Fleet and SBP racquets. I would like to see reviews about these products and many other products from manufacturers such as Karakal, Fischer, Monsoon, Monsoon, Talbot Torro, Slazenger, etc..., as well as a review of Prince Triple Threat and Carlton Signature Ti racquets, among others, but since there is no place to post a review on any of these products and brands, there are no reviews for them. I think that everyone who visits the Reviews section and Equipment forum would find these changes valuable.

Anyone else agree with these ideas?

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Hey Brett,

firstly, thanks for the suggestion. and yes, i have read yours and other's suggestions a couple of times and i definitely do agree with you. the review section has lacked behind a bit and a update plus a misc section will definitely help.

the reason i haven't put in the newer model is because i am working on a major upgrade of the website. basically a rewrite of BC. unfortunately, i have been waiting for a software package to become more stable. and in the mean time, i am just postponing other updates.

but since you asked, i just put in a Misc section for each product type. and i will add in more of the new products as time is available. hopefully, this will be ok until the software upgrade. thanks!

3. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Wow, that's fast! Thanks Kwun! You continue to maintain the best sports, not just badminton, website on the internet.

Is the new software to provide more features or handle more and more visitors and posts or both? Can you give us a hint at what sorts of new features we can expect when you do implement the new software? Thanks again.

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    dont worry brett, kwun is alway thinking bigger and better things for BC.

5. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Yeah! That was great and Quick too.

Carry on Cowboy(Kwun) !

6. Ianthe

Ianthe Regular Member

Canada
    I really agree with you Brett, espeacially about the Slazenger products. there needs to be a place for decent new product line reviews...

7. Ianthe

Ianthe Regular Member

Canada
    Idiot

Sorry being the idiot that I am I posted before reading the other comments...

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    great dig on a 2001 thread.
    Sorry to tell u brett is no longer cruising here;)

9. Ianthe

Ianthe Regular Member

Canada
    Haha

lol, yaaa, what can I say, I was a little tired and had been looking through forums and reviews for a long time for some info on Slazenger racquets (which I did eventually find, or at least a bit). well I've learned my lesson now...

Ianthe