A Raquet for Smashing

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by venkata medapati reddy, Jul 8, 2001.

1. can anyone advise me what raquet would bring the full potential of my smashing? i already have a reasonable smash but i want it to be even better. thanx

2. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    it really depends on your racquet preferance....along with technique

3. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student
    TI-10 mp-100 MP77

4. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I sort of disagree about certain rackets being better than others for certain games and types of shots. For example, the MP100 is supposed to be more of a singles racket as it has a heavy head, but many of the top doubles players use it, like Candra Wijaya, Sigit Budiarto and Tony Gunawan. They all use MP100s.

So my conclusion is that the best racket for smashing, would be the racket that suits you best.... happy shopping!

5. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Yup!! Its all dependent. I personally think that the MP-100 is more of a singles racket.

But so many players use it for Doubles play! And the Chinese doubles pairs mostly use the Ti-10 for their game ... Isn't it more of a doubles racket too ??

But I have to say both the MP-100 and Ti-10 are excellent rackets made for 'whacking' the shuttle. But if you're looking for speed and reasonable power, try the ISO Ti Sp either SX or SR version. Its light and fast and plenty of power if you're the sort who swings the racket pretty fast for shots.