Late Intro :)

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Ranmira, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Ranmira

Ranmira Regular Member

EEE Student
    Hi, I'm Ranmira, hailing from the Philippines as a club player.

My member page:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/member.php?u=12680

:p

I'm an electrical and electronics student, now specializing in power electronics. Although I'm supposed to be majoring in DSPs in computer engineering, I found out that there's a certain allure to power electronics, thus the shift in interest.

I'm still learning a lot from friends and fellow club members, about playing doubles, proper footwork and stroke form.

I have no idea why I like discussing a lot about equipment -- strings, tensions and rackets. I guess I like experimenting with equipment combinations. I currently have an MP99, and would like to have a hand at using an AT700, and probably a NS7000, but I can't seem to find people from whom I can borrow those rackets.

Similarly with some people, I've spent quite a bit of money in the past few months looking for my tension range, going through 22x24, 25x27, 29x31, 30x32lb (quite some dough.:(). I feel comfortable handling 25x27lb up to 27x29, but I prefer that with thin strings, like BG85/80.

Probably the third most important item in my bag so that I could play comfortably, besides the racket and pair of shoes, would be my wristband. I found out recently that I don't need to use towel grips (see that replacement grips thread, a lot of help), and I found out that I like the feel of tacky grips for those delicate touches.

I hope to contribute to the BC community through meaningful and
    intriguing discussions -- it helps to know that someone has thought about it, and perhaps tried it, and is willing to share the answer to that question you've always wanted to be answered.

My photo:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/isaya/BCPhoto.jpg

#1 Ranmira, Sep 24, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Welcome to BadmintonForum, Ranmira.

-dave

3. Ranmira

Ranmira Regular Member

EEE Student