User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 70
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Worst WC MD final ever!

    Seriously, how could Kido/Setiawan and JR/LP lose to the Eng pair?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i know it wasnt a good MD final but too be fair the chinese were by far the best pair in the tournament and fullfilled their top seed spot. dont take anything from the english pair, they obviously played very well. what your saying is a bit disrespectful. i think u regard the other two pairs to highly and dont regard the english pair as a top pair. didnt u realise that anthony clark got to the MXD final aswel so is obviously in form. dont take anything from the english pair, they deserve to get there. they beat them because they played better.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    218
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ye333
    Seriously, how could Kido/Setiawan and JR/LP lose to the Eng pair?
    To be fair, we need to give a lot more credit to the ENG pair, I think they have already done very well to get this far. But I think they were just very nervous today playing in the final for the first time. I thought Clark was making some errors although everyone does so this is normal but you can tell immediately that Blair was hopelessly nervous and making a lot more mistakes than Clark. He was blatantly intimidated by the chinese pair's speed, strength and body language (shouting everytime they win a point etc). Poor Blair, I feel sorry for him, but they will learn a lot from this experience, they will understand each other better and they will surely perform fantastically in the next year or so. A very promising ENG pair!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    hongkong
    Posts
    332
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    aren't clark & blair ranked 7 in dworld? althou i prefer to ignore the rankin system, fact is this ENG pair are world class as they can clearly compete wit the best of them.. jst dat 2day i think they felt overwhelmed with d occasion (and the god-like form of cai/fu!)

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If their performance today is normal for them, then I really don't think the Eng pair deserves to be a top MD. Many pairs would do much better facing Cai/Fu. And if I am not wrong, Chan/Koo beated the Eng pair quite easily in the commonwealth final.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Beckman
    i know it wasnt a good MD final but too be fair the chinese were by far the best pair in the tournament and fullfilled their top seed spot. dont take anything from the english pair, they obviously played very well. what your saying is a bit disrespectful. i think u regard the other two pairs to highly and dont regard the english pair as a top pair. didnt u realise that anthony clark got to the MXD final aswel so is obviously in form. dont take anything from the english pair, they deserve to get there. they beat them because they played better.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe the Eng pair is just not good at playing Cai/Fu type fast and furious pairs. Their drives are quite weak and they like to play at the net and then lift or get a lift from the opponent. You need to be strong in fast drives to beat Cai/Fu, that's their only weakness.

    Quote Originally Posted by badders2006
    aren't clark & blair ranked 7 in dworld? althou i prefer to ignore the rankin system, fact is this ENG pair are world class as they can clearly compete wit the best of them.. jst dat 2day i think they felt overwhelmed with d occasion (and the god-like form of cai/fu!)

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Muddy Estuary
    Posts
    686
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They were totally outclassed by the chinese pair!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    1,137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The England pair play below form. Probably they lack confidence when they meet Cai/Fu.

    First, they lost badly when they meet the CHina pair last year. 15-4,15-1. Then the extra confidence of the Chinese pair after their win last night against one of their toughest rival, Jens/Martin.

    In the final of a big event, mentality also play big part of determining your success of winning.

    Other example, Lin Dan. He was so sure he can beat BCL. (He already won against BCL 5 times in a row)So even a devastating lost in first set. He still had the confidence and win the other 2 sets.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    a malaysian living in UK
    Posts
    443
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think they were just nervous today. Don't judge them by one match. Remember LWW/CTF's performance at All England final this year? If someone didn't watch their matches before the final, he must be wondering why they could enter the final too.It is the same case here.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    891
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ye333
    Seriously, how could Kido/Setiawan and JR/LP lose to the Eng pair?
    Because INA and DEN pair under perform during their encounter with the ENG pair.

    With ENG and CHI in final the audience will assure a boring match.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hcpoirot
    The England pair play below form. Probably they lack confidence when they meet Cai/Fu.

    First, they lost badly when they meet the CHina pair last year. 15-4,15-1. Then the extra confidence of the Chinese pair after their win last night against one of their toughest rival, Jens/Martin.

    In the final of a big event, mentality also play big part of determining your success of winning.

    Other example, Lin Dan. He was so sure he can beat BCL. (He already won against BCL 5 times in a row)So even a devastating lost in first set. He still had the confidence and win the other 2 sets.
    yes, with 5 wins, LD knows how to beat bao.
    LD see bao's form often, what bao gained, LD see

    i watched the kido/setiwan vs blair/clarke.
    yes, i think nervousness hampered the english pair greatly.
    However, in the match against the indo, they won by mostly
    unforced error by the indos, mostly relating to not adjusting
    to the wind draft. (INA hits many winners out, while calling many
    'IN' as out on their side.

    blair/clarke has indo form from rexy's training but their drives are mostly
    placement type, not much punch to them. Cai/fu drives are punchy and hard.
    Last edited by cooler; 09-24-2006 at 03:37 PM.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    891
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    yes, with 5 wins, LD knows how to beat bao.
    LD see bao's form often, what bao gained, LD see
    Bao is very close to get the title yet so far when he see the points slipping away. Do u guys think that the result is decided internally?

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    a malaysian living in UK
    Posts
    443
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elwin81
    Bao is very close to get the title yet so far when he see the points slipping away.
    Sigh, i thought that he would win today. He played well in the first set and 2nd set until they tied at 17-17. For once i really thought that he could win. So close yet so far..

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elwin81
    Bao is very close to get the title yet so far when he see the points slipping away. Do u guys think that the result is decided internally?
    i do not think so.
    please re-read my above post, 'LD knows how to beat bao'
    secondly, bao is a certified 'Mr Runner Up'.
    the MS final result was highly predictable.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malaysianfan
    Sigh, i thought that he would win today. He played well in the first set and 2nd set until they tied at 17-17. For once i really thought that he could win. So close yet so far..
    it proves that LD has more ammunications than bao and know when to release them. It's not that bao gave up but rather LD step up a notch on demand.

    disclaimer: I havent seen that match yet but have seen enough LD's play style

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    891
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    i do not think so.
    please re-read my above post, 'LD knows how to beat bao'
    secondly, bao is a certified 'Mr Runner Up'.
    the MS final result was highly predictable.
    BCL played really well today up until the last few points at the 2nd set. After he lost the second set, I can see from his face that is what he expect as he just walkaway without any emotion on his face.

  17. #17
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please note the thread is about MD final, not MS.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Worst Racket Ever Used !!
    By Monster in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 47
    : 09-22-2007, 06:08 PM
  2. What is your WORST lost?
    By sala_ryan in forum General Forum
    Replies: 21
    : 08-14-2007, 11:17 AM
  3. Mp 88 worst MP?
    By Wizbit in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 108
    : 09-06-2005, 07:27 AM
  4. The More You Play, the Worst You Get
    By tonten in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 19
    : 01-26-2003, 11:04 PM
  5. The Worst
    By Byro-Nenium in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 12
    : 05-23-2001, 05:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •