User Tag List

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 247
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default World Junior Championship Korea

    World Junior Championship held in Korea from 2nd Nov to 11th Nov. Anybody with information of this tournament or website ... Pls post it.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    2,399
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, the KBA website says it's in Incheon at Samsan World Gym. There is a team event followed by individual, according to the IBF site. There could well be an article about it in October on Badzine International (in English, of course). Stay tuned.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cheers for the info. Is Lee Yong dae still young enough to play in the junior championships? How old is it that u have to stop?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    2,399
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katie88
    Cheers for the info. Is Lee Yong dae still young enough to play in the junior championships? How old is it that u have to stop?
    IBF rules say that if you turn 19 during the calendar year, you're too old(see Rule 8.1 here). Lee just turned 18 this month. No official word yet on whether he'll be playing. The tournament coincides with the Denmark Open and Dutch Opens. Lee played in the Asian Juniors but that didn't coincide with any senior tournaments. Who knows?

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Other than Lee Youn Dae. who else do u think will represent Korea. How about China? I am wondering whether they will send Wang Lin to the World Junior.

    I think China will be tough to beat. They are a class above even at junior level.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default World Juniors 206

    Indian juniors for World meet

    VIJAYAWADA: A 13-member Indian badminton team will leave for Incheon, South Korea, to participate in the junior world championship from November 2 to 7, Badminton Association of India joint secretary K. Ch. Punnaiah Choudary announced here on Wednesday.
    ---------------------------------------

    Results from world juniors will give indication of emerging new talents and countries

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Malacca, M'sia
    Posts
    3,056
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gemini12
    Other than Lee Youn Dae. who else do u think will represent Korea. How about China? I am wondering whether they will send Wang Lin to the World Junior.

    I think China will be tough to beat. They are a class above even at junior level.
    in the recent asian junior championships....China lost in the mixed team event to Malaysia....even the WS lost to Lydia Cheah

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think this time China will be better prepared. Lydia Lost to Wang Yi han in the final at the Asia Junior Final. Watched the game on TV, Lydia game lack of consistency and need more exposure to mature.

    In the mixed team event, I hope Malaysian Junior team are able to put up a good showing. Other notable team should be China, Korea. Japan and Indonesia.

    What about the European Teams?

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    2,399
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mike, what's the reason for posting the link to SBS here? There is no badminton on that schedule and no scheduleis out yet for the weeks of the World Juniors. If there is an article on that website dealing with SBS's plans to air the tournament, I can't find it. Have you heard they will cover it? Do you think TVAnts will be able to pick it up this time?

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The world Junior Team event draw is out. U can get the draw from the international badminton website.

    Who do u think will win the team event this year? I think Korea and China is strong.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    930
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    source: www.thestar.com.my

    Sunday October 22, 2006

    Good chance for Malaysia to reach semis in mixed team event

    PETALING JAYA: Malaysia, with Mohd Arif Abdul Latif at the helm, have a good chance to go one step better and reach the semi-finals of the mixed team event in the World Junior Badminton Championships, which will be held in Incheon, South Korea, from Nov 2-11.
    In the team draw released by the Badminton World Federation (BWF) on Friday, Malaysia are the joint third-fourth seeds together with Indonesia. The top two seeds are defending champions South Korea and China.
    Malaysia are in Group B with Taiwan, Ukraine, the Philippines, Denmark (fifth-eighth seeds), Japan, Canada and South Africa.
    The eight-team Group B have been divided into two sub groups. The winners, most likely Malaysia and Denmark, are expected to square off for a place in the semi-finals.
    At the last World Juniors in Vancouver two years ago, Malaysia finished fifth in the mixed team competition and Hoon Thien How-Tan Boon Heong won the boys’ doubles title for the country for the first time since 1998.
    Besides Arif, Malaysia will be represented by seven other boys – Lim Fang Yang, Lok Chong Chieh, Teo Kok Siang, Vountus Indra Mawan, Lim Khim Wah, Mak Hee Chun and Tan Wee Kiong. There are five girls in the team – Lydia Cheah, Tee Jing Yi, Stephanie Shalini, Vivien Khoo and Woon Khe Wei.
    In the Asian Juniors in July, the Malaysian shuttlers stole the show with Lydia, Arif-Vountus and Wee Kiong-Khe Wei emerging as the runners-up in the girls' singles, boys’ doubles and mixed doubles respectively.
    l THE GROUPINGS
    A1: South Korea, Australia, Czech Republic, Botswana.
    A2: Germany, India, Vietnam, Macau.
    B1: Malaysia, Taiwan, Ukraine, Philippines.
    B2: Denmark, Japan, Canada, South Africa.
    C1: Indonesia, Hong Kong, Holland, Mongolia.
    C2: England, Singapore, Bulgaria, Sri Lanka.
    D1: China, United States, Turkey, Egypt. D2: Thailand, New Zealand, Russia, Pakistan.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    12,100
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Indonesia team to WJC 2006

    Boys: Tommy Sugiarto, Bandar Sigit Pamungkas, Subakti, Fernando Kurniawan, Vicky Indra Okvana (Pelatnas), Nugroho Andi Saputro, Wisnu Haryo Putro, Dhani Bawa, Afiat Yuriswirawan (Djarum)

    Girls: Pia Zebadiah, Aprilia Yuswandari, Nitya Krishinda, Nadya Melati, Lili Siswanti, Richi Puspita Dili (Pelatnas), Sylvinna Kurniawan (Djarum)

    looked like PBSI tried to send the best team by fielded Tommy, Nitya/Nadya who didn't play in AJBC & Milo.
    This time Bellaetrix wasn't selected in team and 4th girl's single is blank. Another player who didn't selected is D. Hayom Rumbaka (runner up Milo)



    Other team will be sent to U-16 Qualification in Brunei

    Boys : Engga Setiawan, Effert Sukamta, Kevin Alexander, Angga Pratama
    Girls : Febby Angguni, Della Destiara Haris, I Made Claudia Ayu Wijaya

    as I know in some local tournament in this category, the winner are
    BS : Engga, BD : Kevin/Angga, GS : Ana Rovita, GD : Della/Ayu
    Ana Rovita wasn't selected and her place was fielded by Febby Angguni (Pelatnas) who more experience and better.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,432
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    Indonesia team to WJC 2006

    Boys: Tommy Sugiarto, Bandar Sigit Pamungkas, Subakti, Fernando Kurniawan, Vicky Indra Okvana (Pelatnas), Nugroho Andi Saputro, Wisnu Haryo Putro, Dhani Bawa, Afiat Yuriswirawan (Djarum)

    Girls: Pia Zebadiah, Aprilia Yuswandari, Nitya Krishinda, Nadya Melati, Lili Siswanti, Richi Puspita Dili (Pelatnas), Sylvinna Kurniawan (Djarum)

    looked like PBSI tried to send the best team by fielded Tommy, Nitya/Nadya who didn't play in AJBC & Milo.
    This time Bellaetrix wasn't selected in team and 4th girl's single is blank. Another player who didn't selected is D. Hayom Rumbaka (runner up Milo)
    Indeed, with Tommy and Bandar's presence in the boy's singles, the semi-final target set by PBSI should be manageable.

    Similarly, the girl's team event look quite strong with Pia, Aprilia and Sylvinna. They are arguably the best girl's singles we have. I didn't expect Nitya/Nadya still qualify for the Junior events as I thought they are already 20-21 yo. Lili/Richi are also a reasonable choice. Aren't they the MILO Junior champion?

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    12,100
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania
    Indeed, with Tommy and Bandar's presence in the boy's singles, the semi-final target set by PBSI should be manageable.

    Similarly, the girl's team event look quite strong with Pia, Aprilia and Sylvinna. They are arguably the best girl's singles we have. I didn't expect Nitya/Nadya still qualify for the Junior events as I thought they are already 20-21 yo. Lili/Richi are also a reasonable choice. Aren't they the MILO Junior champion?
    needed to flash back remember past junior tournaments.
    I believe Nitya still in junior age, not sure with Nadya.

    Last year she paired with Polii in AJBC and paired with Yulianti in Milo, Nadya already in Pelatnas .
    I remembered and watched Jakarta Open 2003 U-16, Nitya paired with Pia won GD while Sylvinna in GS, Wisnu HP beat Tommy in BS and Tommy with another player won BD. Pia tried play in U-19, she wa ended by Wiwis Meyliana from Djarum.
    I predict Nitya born in 1988.
    Last edited by Sandy; 10-26-2006 at 06:37 AM.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,432
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    I remembered and watched Jakarta Open 2003 U-16, Nitya paired with Pia won GD while Sylvinna in GS, Wisnu HP beat Tommy in BS and Tommy with another player won BD. Pia tried play in U-19, she wa ended by Wiwis Meyliana from Djarum.
    I predict Nitya born in 1988.
    You are correct. Nitya Krishinda was born in 1988, same with Tommy.
    Nitya/Nadya are fast turning into a formidable WD pair...definitely a top 20 pair.

  17. #17
    Regular Member phaarix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nelson, Aotearoa (NZ)
    Posts
    2,274
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gemini12
    Who do u think will win the team event this year?
    New Zealand ! Hey I can dream can't I?

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. china world junior championship
    By d3sm0nd in forum Badminton Bag
    Replies: 1
    : 11-11-2009, 03:08 AM
  2. World Junior Championship 2009
    By asriwn in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 11
    : 11-10-2009, 03:15 AM
  3. World Junior Championship- Day 3
    By rwchen in forum World Junior Championships 2007
    Replies: 16
    : 10-27-2007, 06:05 PM
  4. when's the next world junior badminton championship?
    By metalmon1188 in forum 2005 Tournaments
    Replies: 0
    : 08-21-2005, 09:12 AM
  5. 2004 World Junior Championship
    By CanuckBur in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 25
    : 06-22-2005, 05:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •