Looking for a club

Discussion in 'China / Hong Kong' started by nickread1, Sep 26, 2006.

1. nickread1

nickread1 Regular Member

Student/Network test engineer
    Hi,
    I've recently moved to Hong Kong, and im here for the next 9 months.
    Im a keen badminton player, and have played at an advanced level for quite a few years.
    I have been looking for clubs in Hong Kong, without much luck. Perhaps im looking in the wrong places!
    I went out to the Hong Kong badminton club a few weeks back, but as i live out in Tin Shui Wai in the New Territories it took me over an hour to get there, and back!
    So, im looking for something a bit closer to home. I dont mind travelling for 30 or 40 mins to get somewhere, but i'd prefer a club where the standard of play is quite good. Are there any out there?
    Thanks in advance

Nick

2. nickread1

nickread1 Regular Member

Student/Network test engineer
    Singles or doubles

On another note, if anyone of high internediate or advanced standard would like to get together for some singles or doubles that would be good. Again I dont mind travelling 30 mins or so from Tin Shui Wai in the New Territories for a decent game.
    Get in touch if you like, either PM me or email nickread1 at gmail dot com.

Thanks

Nick

3. michaeltque

michaeltque New Member

places to play

Hello,
    I am actually visiting Hongkong this Friday and will be in for a trade fair for a week.

The only hitch is that I am in Kowloon side while you are in new territories. For a listing of badminton clubs in your area have a look at this url: http://www.esdlife.com/ga/leisurelink/eng/default.asp.

Let me know if it is possible to get together for a game.

Best regards.

Michael Que

4. michaeltque

michaeltque New Member

badminton game

On another note if plans do not change,I am available Saturday and Sunday for long games as well. I used to play many years ago and recently picked up the game and have been playing two years now. I usually play four times a week for two to three hour session. However, I play only doubles games.

Email me at mque@vasia.com for an immediate response.

Best regards.

Michael