User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian =--(O)
    Stagger your stance, have one leg further in front so you can go backwards or forwards more easily.
    how can the staggered position help the backwards movement? should I let my racket leg forward or the other one??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vary up your attacking style of play, they clear to slow the pace of the game down, you can try to keep it up with drives that make it very hard for them to lift the shuttle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rotanimod
    how can the staggered position help the backwards movement? should I let my racket leg forward or the other one??
    IMHO It depends on yr defensive technique and yr position to shuttle. In doubles where you usually defend with yr backhand, it is better to keep yr racket foot a bit in front of you with 2 main exceptions - if you are expecting a smash from the middle of the court and if you are expecting a diagonal smash from yr racket side. In these 2 cases it's more convinient to level yr legs or even to let yr non-racket leg forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which leg forward depends on your position relative to the shuttle... you will always want to adjust your leg position such that your shoulders are kinda squared with the shuttle coming towards you...

in other words, non-racquet leg forward if shuttle is coming from your forehand side, and racquet leg forward if shuttle is on the backhand side... if shuttle is straight ahead of u, take up the service receive position (only for your case if you're afraid of their clears, otherwise should stay squared to the net)...

keeping one leg forward will give you the inital push to move backwards quickly... on the other hand, if your feet are parallel to the net, you would first need to slightly shuffle your feet forward first, then push backwards... thus slower response...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cwong
    which leg forward depends on your position relative to the ...

keeping one leg forward will give you the inital push to move backwards quickly... on the other hand, if your feet are parallel to the net, you would first need to slightly shuffle your feet forward first, then push backwards... thus slower response...
    I think with clears (even an atacking clears) he should have enough time for a quick split-step...
    rotanimod, maybe you are not standing on yr toes ready for the next shot, or you are too relaxed probably, aren't you?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simp84
    It means at the 1st place you both should stop doing those lift to them...
    Instead you guys should reply them with a very fast and powerful attacking clear.... then we shall see what happen..
    That's a good idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I and my partner play double most of the time. We have hard time defeating a pair which often use attacking clear everytime they got a lift (cleared) from us. I usually were expecting for a smash of drop, but this time I always off guarded and imbalanced when they do overhead clear. The way I see it is that their style of playing is just like a single style. Seldom did they smash....and I can see that they enjoy making overhead clear waiting for us to smash.........PLZZZZZZ give me some tips against this type of players
    just a thot. if u are able to react and smash a doubles flick serve, u should have no problem with an attacking clear played from ur opponents back court since the time for u to react is much more compared to flick serve. Or do you also have a problem with returning a flick serve?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smash Smash Smash doesnt' always work if your smash isnt that great.

but you could 'Try' forcing them to hit shorter lifts so that your smash is closer to the net and more difficult for them to defend... also you can smash short lifts steeper than from the back court

you can do this by droping first and then smashing.. as long as your drop is tight to the net and doesn't travel too them (forces them to move up) you should be able to get a shorter lift.

- Steeper smashes are harder for them to lift deep
    - Drops tight to the net sometimes draw shorter lifts
    - Drop to the middle is effective at drawing shorter lifts
    - Smashing at the exact same power each time is easy for them
    - Even smashing slower or sometimes higher can throw them off

- If your on the attack stay behind thier lifts and don't let the shuttle go behind you - hit into the shuttle and keep it in front controlling the rally.

ALSO! if you are getting caught flat footed by thier clears its because you aren't watching them hit the shuttle and are not bouncing when they hit the shuttle.
    Last edited by wedgewenis; 09-28-2006 at 05:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best suggestion would be to try drop shots for variation.

If they are comfortable defending smashes when they are ready and set, move them around. Use drop shots to the all parts of the net, including sliced cross-court drops. When one of them comes forward to take it, move that same player all the way back with a good deep lift.

They are giving you the initiative by lifting to you, so use it. Try to dictate the rally and get them to lift when they moving around and less comfortable.

Another suggestion is the flat drive down their backhand tramlines, all the way to the corner box. It can sometimes catch players out if they've set themselves too low.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2