User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Lin Dan vs Bao Chunlai

Bao almost win the 2nd set at 17-17 he could have made it seizing the winning points if he did not give away easy points to LD.Bao tend to make unforced errors than LD in deciding 2nd set. In 3rd set clearly Bao has lost all his stamina giving LD easy and cheap points.Bao always lost to LD in 3 rd set due to this factor. No wonder their H2H statistic is 8-4 in favour of LD.Bao has to find new strategy in order to beat LD for future encounters.
    Last edited by badmintex; 09-27-2006 at 07:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a lot of it was also LD's mental strength. I don't think Bao had enough confidence in himself (hence the unforced errors).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaarix
    I think a lot of it was also LD's mental strength. I don't think Bao had enough confidence in himself (hence the unforced errors).
    Yeah you are correct
    Well, most players lacks of confidence when playing LD, but credit to LD's mental strength, I think he's the strongest in the world

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baderz_Jas
    Yeah you are correct
    Well, most players lacks of confidence when playing LD, but credit to LD's mental strength, I think he's the strongest in the world
    Actually, I actually find LCW is the most-sonfident player playing against LD.. Too bad, we couldn't see them playing each other in the finals..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another key point is LD's defense. BAO's decisivie shots don't seem to be effective against LD, and LD's ability to save sure winners sometimes frustrate his opponents and make them make un-forced error.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I think Bao is a bit lucky to win the 1st. LD hit two easy kills into the net near the end of the game. In fact except during the 2nd half of the 2nd game and the 1st half of the 3rd game, LD was not going all out.

Quote Originally Posted by badmintex
    Bao almost win the 2nd set at 17-17 he could have made it seizing the winning points if he did not give away easy points to LD.Bao tend to make unforced errors than LD in deciding 2nd set. In 3rd set clearly Bao has lost all his stamina giving LD easy and cheap points.Bao always lost to LD in 3 rd set due to this factor. No wonder their H2H statistic is 8-4 in favour of LD.Bao has to find new strategy in order to beat LD for future encounters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LD vs LCW

Quote Originally Posted by quik_silver
    Actually, I actually find LCW is the most-sonfident player playing against LD.. Too bad, we couldn't see them playing each other in the finals..
    I notice LCW is a smart player.He knows he cannot play Power & Speed game against LD.Instead he patiently plays tricky and deceiving shots,also positioning the shuttle_cock in the hardest reached area.Sometimes this strategy works.Remember LD almost lost to LCW in the 2006 All England semifinal.LCW had been leading 14-X in the 3rd set that time.
    Last edited by badmintex; 10-06-2006 at 07:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baderz_Jas
    Yeah you are correct
    The only time I have seen him crack was when he lost the first set of the 2005 WCs 15-3 down 13-0 at one stage against Taufik.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badmintex
    I notice LCW is a smart player.He knows he cannot play Power & Speed game against LD.Instead he patiently plays tricky and deceiving shots,also positioning the shuttle_cock in the hardest reached area.Sometimes this strategy works.Remember LD almost lost to LCW in the 2006 All England semifinal.LCW had been leading 14-X in the 3rd set that time.
    Yeah... that's what the commentators (Gillian Clark and Darren Hall) on SkySports said, he forces Lin Dan to error most of the time. In AE06, I think it was Lin Dan's mental which won in the end

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KillerT
    The only time I have seen him crack was when he lost the first set of the 2005 WCs 15-3 down 13-0 at one stage against Taufik.
    That's was really unpredictable!!! I don't know what happened last year!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lin dan vs Taufik

Quote Originally Posted by KillerT
    Yeah We saw LD playing just like he start playing badminton only yerterday.The possible explanation,LD may had just been exhausted after yesterday match against Peter Gade rubber set 1hr 47m the longest in World Championship history.In contrast TH played almost perfect.LD found It was impossible to break Taufik's defence wall.
    Last edited by badmintex; 10-08-2006 at 07:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quik_silver
    CH has much better record in against LD 5-5 CH vs LD 5-2 LCW. LCW is too eager to beat LD and see him as the only opponent to beat, thus underestimated BCL and lost in WC.