London sports centre is on

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ants, Sep 29, 2006.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    The project to have a High Performance Training Centre for Malaysian athletes in London is on, the Cabinet committee for sports decided yesterday.

However, a new sports complex is unlikely to be built. Instead, facilities at the Tun Abdul Razak Research Centre (TARRC) in Brickendonbury may be renovated and upgraded.

Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, who chairs the committee, said the centre was necessary to realise the government's vision of excelling in sports at international level.

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    This doesn't really make sense when the gov say the center was Necessary to Realise its vision of excelling in Sports at International Level.

When they say excelling Sports at International Level.. does it mean that they want other countries to Excel in Sports? or Want Malaysia to excel in Sports at International level.... hmmmm i'm confused here.

If Malaysia excel in International level... what the heck build a center so far away!?

3. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

Well, my Malaysian friends in the UK will be happy if they can play there.

But most of the ex-state players are already in their early twenties, too old I'm guessing to be seriously training for international competition.

One of the Yap twins is here, formerly Malaysian number one, I'm sure he'd be available to coach there. He's still a hell of a player.

4. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Only thing that make sense to me is that someone is going to be very rich with all these funds in renovating/upgrading this TARRC. errrr who's the head/owner of this so called TARRC huh. ;)

5. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

hmmm, that'll be a nice place to play in if they decide to renovate it. where's Brickendonbury though??

6. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    I also dont understand why they want to build a sports center to far away from home. I think it will be cheaper to build 1 in malaysia and hire foreign coaches considering the high cost to build the center as well as the high overhead cost in london.

7. kktan

kktan Regular Member

u think it is really for sports exellance?? or $$ exellance??

i am a malaysian... i know how these guys work.

8. LouisW

LouisW Regular Member

Why they want to spend so much money to build a so called "International Level" of training center ? Stupid planning.

If they failed to perform, those stupid officer will bash our poor Malaysia athletes again, again and again.

9. kktan

kktan Regular Member

someone will be getting richer

10. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

With so many ppl refusing the project, but yet soem people are just too stubborn to fit anything in their brains... why dont they just pour the money in searching talents?

11. kktan

kktan Regular Member

or concentrate on grassroots. get the rite ppl to teach the correct basics of each sports to the under 12s.

this is a make $$ agenda.