carlton rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by TrunkZ69, Jul 10, 2001.

1. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    i can't seem to find any real information on carlton rackets. I need to find out exactly how stiff is the carlton Sig. Ti in terms of yonex terms? like is it considered to be stiff, extra, norm? any one know, i have one, and from what i can tell, it's stiffer than my ti-8 and possibly my friends ti-10. ok thank bye

2. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    How odd. I've played with one for about two hours and I found it to be very light and extremely flexible, in other words a very defensive racquet (We're talking about the Yong Hock Kin, right?)
    I don't know which Yonex racquet to compare it to but it's definitely a lot more flexible than my other racquets - AB900, AB1000, MP100, Rasmussen, Aerogear 1000, Prince Response...

3. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    really? well i test it by just grabing the racket by the head/t-joint and the grip, then i just flex it. seeing how much it bends. that's all i do. is this how you test how flexible it is? That's how i do it at least. My friend's tried it and said the same thing. And yes, we are talking about the same racket, the Yong Kock Kin. oh yes! one more question. does anyone knwo where carlton puts the ti. in there rackets?

4. Jeff L

Jeff L Guest

id guess around the same area Yonex puts theirs

5. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Odd. I still holds it to be one of the more flexible racquets I've ever tried! Mine must have been damaged! (Actually, the shaft broke later on...)

As to the titanium, Carlton puts the titanium in the mold somehow, so that they are inside the frame. Yonex uses the Ti mesh, which is basically just a piece of titanium weave which they glue on to the racquet surface.

6. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    that sucks on how yours broke.... i hope mine doesn't. But mine is fairly stiff, which im considering to be a good thing. Helps me generate quite a decent amount of power.It's lite so i can swing it real fast and it's stiff so it bounces off so much harder.

7. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Hey, I take back everything! I was so puzzled by your saying that the Sig was stiff, so I went to a shop yesterday just to feel it again. You're right -- it's quite stiff! The one I tried must have been cracked already... (which would explain why it broke later I guess!) Sorry for the confusion -- maybe I should have given the Sig another chance. It's still a bit too light for though... :)

I'd rate it as stiff, stiffer than the MP-100, not as stiff as the Ti-10. About the same as the AB1000, possibly slightly stiffer.

8. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    yay!! ok, im glad we agree. that would make it a defensive/ offensive racket now huh? quick for the D, and stiff for the power. it's a god-racket.... yay?!? hehe. i think it's a really good racket, just had to say that again.

9. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

How much i sthe Signature ti in Canada and the US. IS it costlier than AS 1.

Here(INDIA) the AS 1 is very cheap.But u dont get the Signature Ti.

Thanks!

10. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    No idea. Someone in Singapore bought it for me. I think it sorta costly though. got mine for 60.

11. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

Old thread I know, but I recently got a Carlton Airblade Yong Hock Kin off eBay.
    I would agree that it's very stiff.
    Definately stiffer than MP100
    Stiffer than Airblade AS-Ti
    Not quite as stiff as the Airblade AS1 though.

12. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

getting use to carltons

I got my first carlton racquet two weeks ago: As-Ti, and have been trying it on and off (on during training and off during games!). Even though I am very used to my Cab21 (23lb bg70pro), I can not seem to get any life out of the factory strung As-Ti.

Now, I know the factory strings are thick and not very repulsive, but still I should ALMOST be able to match the power of the Cab21 (seeing 70pro is not that much thinner). Are the sweet spots in different places?!? I am asking this as both racquets are the same length and I wrapped the grip to the same place.

A very confused (and slightly regretting) carlton owner.

13. Wizbit

Wizbit Regular Member

Testing ladie's lingerie
    Where did you get your AS Ti Jimmy? I believe that model is not in production anymore..

14. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

pls read pm

I have just pmed you.

Jimmy

15. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    it's amusing how my old thread on this bad boy came up.
    ahh.. how undecisive and naive i was. :) Sold my sig ti after abit because i was scared of not being able to get another one if i broke mine.