MP99 + bg65

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by MidnightBlaze, Oct 1, 2006.

1. MidnightBlaze

MidnightBlaze New Member

I only strunged my mp99 with bg65 @ 23lbs around 2 weeks ago and I already notice an amount of tension lost. I can move the string easily with my finger and I am wondering if this is normal. I seem to have lost power in my shots as well. Is the bg65 prone to lost of tension quickly? and if so, any suggestions for a replacement string?

2. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Try using the search or the review section. You'll find your answer quite easily.

3. TheGr8Two

TheGr8Two Regular Member

I am using BG65 Ti on my AT500, and it generally holds tension quite well after the initial break-in(strings usually lose a little bit in the first few days after it's strung). It's a hard string, and is somewhat different from BG65. Works well for both plastic and feather shuttles. Given enough time though, the main strings will cut into the cross.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    BG65 is known for losing tension, especially if the stringer does not pre-stretch the string and does not use a consistent pulling machine. Consider add 1-2 lbs for next string if you want to stick with BG65, or get a stringer, who uses a consistent pulling machine.

If you want to switch string, BG80 is a well performed all around string. ;)

5. Russki Bear

Russki Bear Regular Member

IT
    I use BG70Pro myself @ 25lbs. BG70Pro doesn't lose nearly as much as BG65. BG80 is OK too.