User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No problem SH!

I am guessing the starting clamp is just for show - presentation for the camera audience.

Shuttle-house's method should work very well with a six-point suspension machine. There is no need to add 10% on the cross tension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's correct. However, I haven't seen tournament stringers using this method yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodo
    After giving it a little more thought, the only practical way I can envision doing this in 1-piece is to use the short-side to finish off the bottom 2--3 crosses and the long-side to finish the rest bottom-up as normal.

IMHO, this may work better when one doesn't use the Yonex pattern for the mains (i.e., last main comes out of 12T rather than 10T) because it would end up in shorter tie-offs.

Nice. Learn something new everyday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rather than starting a new thread, I thought I'd my 2-cents here about stringing the crosses differently. Especially to maintaining higher tension levels. Although, I've been starting from the top and ending at the bottom (2-string method), how about using a 3-string process (1 for the main, and 2 for the crosses).

So let's say you start the cross(tie off knot) just below the sweet spot area (so roughly two-thirds down the raquet) and string towards the top and tie it off. Then cut the left over string and use it for the remaining third of the raquet.

Then you start a new cross (tie off knot) on the opposite site of the first tie off knot and finish off the bottom third of the raquet.

Using LB's method of starting in the middle, instead of clamping, why not start off with a tie off knot on the side?

Any thoughts? Good or bad?

Just a thought I had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Seriously, that's too much trouble . But if you like to be creature and has lots of time then do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mg27
    Rather than starting a new thread, I thought I'd my 2-cents here about stringing the crosses differently. Especially to maintaining higher tension levels. Although, I've been starting from the top and ending at the bottom (2-string method), how about using a 3-string process (1 for the main, and 2 for the crosses).

So let's say you start the cross(tie off knot) just below the sweet spot area (so roughly two-thirds down the raquet) and string towards the top and tie it off. Then cut the left over string and use it for the remaining third of the raquet.

Then you start a new cross (tie off knot) on the opposite site of the first tie off knot and finish off the bottom third of the raquet.

Using LB's method of starting in the middle, instead of clamping, why not start off with a tie off knot on the side?

Just a thought I had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's LB when you need him?

It was his suggestion to start in the middle way back when this thread started

Haven't been much on here for awile.

Say hi to Cappy for me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's LB when you need him?

It was his suggestion to start in the middle way back when this thread started

Haven't been much on here for awile.

Say hi to Cappy for me.
    Starting the crosses from the middle does not mean you have to use 2 pieces of strings for the crosses. Only one string is used, starting from the middle and working towards the two ends alternately, and then when you have finished, end it with two tie-off knots, one up the other down. This will reduce the stress to the frame, especially when using 2-point stringing machines.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a thought I had.
    Ok, the lazy LB is here again. Slacking off a bit lately, so rest up my big mouth a bit.

Starting from the middle means using the middle part (well, usually the bottom half should be a bit longer than the upper half) of the cross string and start from the middle section of the racket, not necessarily using 2 more pieces of string. Actually, using 2 pieces for cross, might result in different tension between 2 sections. Therefore, the performance might take a beat, and serious mistakes can result in racket damage as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2