User Tag List

Page 33 of 94 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 83 ... LastLast
Results 545 to 561 of 1584
  1. #545
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PJ-Malaysia
    Posts
    222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ahahha..

    tho' the meal was good.. just unfortunate I'm not a big fan of duck meat. But I had the drumstick and parts of here and there still.

    The hanging bat is real. someone was feeding it actually. I think when you try to open the wings.. it'll be as if, you're opening an umbrella.


    Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    i only have three pictures that i would like to comment upon:

    1. the picture of the wood carving : hahahahaha, yeah he is like depressed over the inexistance of his tummy...aaaawwwww......

    2. the crispy duck meal : i am salivating as i write this.

    3. the hanging bat : is that real bat? because the wings looks plastic but the head looks real. i wonder........

  2. #546
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,809
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NovJoe View Post
    Great pictures!!
    Keep them coming...

    Btw Loh, how did you get the pictures of Supreme Court from high grounds?

    I used to work in one of the offices in High Street Centre which allows me to have that similar view .
    Oh sorry I missed this one.

    I took those pics from my office on the 26th level of a beautiful building located at Boat Quay, almost directly opposite your former High Street Centre!

    As a result I have a marvellous view of the Civic District, the Singapore River with many of its bridges and of course, the Esplanade and the Singapore Flyer. I think I would also be able to see the future Marina Sands IR but not the Singapore Sports Hub at Kallang.

    So I just can't help taking pictures of this scenic beauty from time to time.

  3. #547
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,349
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lovely pics, chehsi
    You surely had a terrific holiday
    I like the 'beach-desert' caption

  4. #548
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PJ-Malaysia
    Posts
    222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    oh.. forgot about the wood carving.. either he's depressed cuz' no tummy.. or really really upset cuz' his girlfriend is smooching someone else at the back ahahahah

    Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    i only have three pictures that i would like to comment upon:

    1. the picture of the wood carving : hahahahaha, yeah he is like depressed over the inexistance of his tummy...aaaawwwww......plus on the background people with tummy are kissing....har har

    2. the crispy duck meal : i am salivating as i write this.

    3. the hanging bat : is that real bat? because the wings looks plastic but the head looks real. i wonder........

    Thanks Oldhand! It was a great holiday tho' got caught in the rain. That beach-desert is one of my fave pics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Lovely pics, chehsi
    You surely had a terrific holiday
    I like the 'beach-desert' caption

  5. #549
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ipoh, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow a tame bat. bat as a pet! it is big? or you simply took a close up picture of it and thus it looks big. i guess they are feeding it with fruit huh? if they did then it must be a male bat.

  6. #550
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PJ-Malaysia
    Posts
    222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    wow a tame bat. bat as a pet! it is big? or you simply took a close up picture of it and thus it looks big. i guess they are feeding it with fruit huh? if they did then it must be a male bat.
    it was just 'hanging' (out) there I saw a lot of them hanging all over the trees at Monkey Forest in broad day light. they're not the ones living in the caves. And yes.. it's really that huge. Only feed on fruits.

    .. the wings reminds me of batman's costume lol!

  7. #551
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ipoh, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i wonder where robin is.....

  8. #552
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Richmond, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    432
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    about the Crispy duck for dinner... the duck looks very skinny :-)

  9. #553
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PJ-Malaysia
    Posts
    222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    i wonder where robin is.....
    lol! no idea!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marky View Post
    about the Crispy duck for dinner... the duck looks very skinny :-)
    At first I thought it's more like a baby duck but was told later that that's the size of a grown duck ('local duck' sounds so wrong! ). When i first showed the pic to yannie, she said the duck looked like a woman's body !? @_@ - duck with sexy leg probably lol!

  10. #554
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ipoh, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    har har har. i think it is just kampung duck. like kampung chicken. it simply means that the chicken was raised in the wild. left to roam the village. and thus they are more lean and i guess more tasty in some dishes. but, sexy duck sounds a lot better than kampung duck, so sexy duck it is!

  11. #555
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Richmond, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    432
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    if it is "running ground" duck, would its meat becomes like rubber band ... ie you can never chew to bit and swallow down to your stomach... Here, we do favour "running ground" chicken when its meat is more tasty but certainly not rubber band like:-) I hope I have the chance to try the crispy duck dinner in your country.

  12. #556
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Very nice pics..

    Quote Originally Posted by chehsi View Post
    I just came back from Bali yesterday. Got some pics to share.
    ..a nice set of pics you've got there, chehsi! good composition as well~thanks for sharing!..Btw, what kind of digicam did you use??..

    Btw, where are the pics from taneepak's trip to Bali??..
    Quote Originally Posted by Marky View Post
    about the Crispy duck for dinner... the duck looks very skinny :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by chehsi View Post
    At first I thought it's more like a baby duck but was told later that that's the size of a grown duck ('local duck' sounds so wrong! ).
    Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    har har har. i think it is just kampung duck. like kampung chicken. it simply means that the chicken was raised in the wild. left to roam the village. and thus they are more lean and i guess more tasty in some dishes. but, sexy duck sounds a lot better than kampung duck, so sexy duck it is!
    ..yes, the chickens/ducks in INA are generally very skinny..And in INA they're commonly called "ayam kampung" ("village chicken")..And yes, they are tasty in their own way..

  13. #557
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PJ-Malaysia
    Posts
    222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    har har har. i think it is just kampung duck. like kampung chicken. it simply means that the chicken was raised in the wild. left to roam the village. and thus they are more lean and i guess more tasty in some dishes. but, sexy duck sounds a lot better than kampung duck, so sexy duck it is!
    Can we sing 'sexy duck' to the song of 'sexy back'? Major spoiling Justin's song

    Quote Originally Posted by Marky View Post
    if it is "running ground" duck, would its meat becomes like rubber band ... ie you can never chew to bit and swallow down to your stomach... Here, we do favour "running ground" chicken when its meat is more tasty but certainly not rubber band like:-) I hope I have the chance to try the crispy duck dinner in your country.
    It's not really rubber band-ish. I think for those who love duck meat, will like this dish. With that half duck, you can forget about your fork and knife. Just grab it and eat it! Btw, I'm from Malaysia. It was my first time visiting Bali / Indonesia and it has been a nice experience

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..a nice set of pics you've got there, chehsi! good composition as well~thanks for sharing!..Btw, what kind of digicam did you use??..

    Btw, where are the pics from taneepak's trip to Bali??..



    ..yes, the chickens/ducks in INA are generally very skinny..And in INA they're commonly called "ayam kampung" ("village chicken")..And yes, they are tasty in their own way..
    Thanks! I was using a Nikon D40. I just got it not long ago.. so, still learning and playing around with the settings. With all the trials and errors.. I snapped more than 1k of pictures in 4 days But I guess half of them are all 'errors' lol!

    Ya.. read somewhere taneepak was asking about Bali. Wonder if he got pics to share?


    oh.. and I also need advise from the sifus here. I have problem taking pics especially with gloomy sky. eg. when I get clear pic of the object, I can't see the details of the clouds/sky. And after some adjustment, I got the nice sky/clouds but the object will be too dark. How do I go about to get the best of both?

  14. #558
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Oh sorry I missed this one.

    I took those pics from my office on the 26th level of a beautiful building located at Boat Quay, almost directly opposite your former High Street Centre!

    As a result I have a marvellous view of the Civic District, the Singapore River with many of its bridges and of course, the Esplanade and the Singapore Flyer. I think I would also be able to see the future Marina Sands IR but not the Singapore Sports Hub at Kallang.

    So I just can't help taking pictures of this scenic beauty from time to time.
    Oic. No wonder I find that the view of the pictures so familiar .

    Great pictures as well, Chehsi!

  15. #559
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    14,303
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    A couple of contributions from me.

    Taken at the market.




  16. #560
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,349
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Taken at the market.
    Is this a Hong Kong market?
    I thought they were more about meat

    Truly an explosion of colour!
    What a great feast for tired eyes
    (It's also amazing that one picture could have every colour one could think of!)

  17. #561
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,809
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    A couple of contributions from me.

    Taken at the market.



    Can't see your pics, Cheung.

Page 33 of 94 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 83 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. alternative to YY BG-65
    By olli in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 20
    : 09-10-2012, 01:22 AM
  2. Alternative to MP 88
    By KaffiQ in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 16
    : 08-09-2009, 02:42 PM
  3. Help me for the best alternative
    By ice_dragon in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 4
    : 03-14-2009, 05:40 PM
  4. alternative for Winex Ti-6
    By rubenboogaard in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 11-11-2007, 12:59 PM
  5. Alternative to BG-80/BG-85
    By Cricket in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 11
    : 03-10-2004, 06:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •