User Tag List

Page 70 of 94 FirstFirst ... 20 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,174 to 1,190 of 1584
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    That supine guy has nerves (or something else) of steel
    i rather says he doesn't have any balls to go through with that

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Coolness!!!

kwun,
    very cool (no pun intended, for the color and temperature) shot!!
    11 more wonderful snapshots like that and i think i have to pre-order my 2010 custom BC calendar from you...
    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post

exposure info is:

24mm
    f/5.6
    ISO800
    160 seconds
    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    very nice composition. Didn't know 160 sec exposure could get a nice photo like that. I kinow bluejeff will be smittened with that photo.
    ..hmm, i was wondering, does the 1DMKIII allow 160 seconds of shutter speed?? that's like 2 minutes and 40 seconds of silence..

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    i rather says he doesn't have any balls to go through with that
    How about we stop the sentence at balls

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    here is one for me to share. i have been really busy lately with everything (and apologies to the many who has sent me email/PMs as i haven't been able to reply them). but last weekend i did manage to take a break with family and friends for a weekend trip to Lake Tahoe. We managed to stay away from work and computer and spent some time in the snow. we were lucky to stay next to the lake. i went out in the middle of the night at 20F weather to take some photos. i stood out there for an hour. this one i was particularly proud of.

exposure info is:

24mm
    f/5.6
    ISO800
    160 seconds
    Stunning Kwun, absolutely stunning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default It is in my desktop now.

Before and After
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really a very nice photo u took Kwun... i set it to become my desktop wallpaper... hope u hav more photo on the way ^^ cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..hmm, i was wondering, does the 1DMKIII allow 160 seconds of shutter speed?? that's like 2 minutes and 40 seconds of silence..
    any slr can set a shutter speed of 160s. use bulb mode or aperture priority with a small aperture + low iso.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What makes me confused about this thread is that there's this very popular one for "Alternative photos", and then an absolute dearth of photos of badminton in the rest of this sub-forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Destricto_Ense View Post
    What makes me confused about this thread is that there's this very popular one for "Alternative photos", and then an absolute dearth of photos of badminton in the rest of this sub-forum.
    Because we tend to separate the treads to subject matters so people get what they want more easily. If you are looking for badminton photos there are many treat showing this. Suggest you look at the tournament treats...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The threads you refer to aren't exactly evident. On the first page of threads I count 4-5 with titles that indicate they might include some photos of people playing badminton. The rest almost universally refer to the selection between Canon or Nikon, what kind of lens to use and so on. I'm just disappointed by the lack of badminton photos..
    Last edited by Destricto_Ense; 02-23-2009 at 05:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Destricto_Ense View Post
    The threads you refer to aren't exactly evident. On the first page of threads I count 4-5 with titles that indicate they might include some photos of people playing badminton. The rest almost universally refer to the selection between Canon or Nikon, what kind of lens to use and so on. I'm just disappointed by the lack of badminton photos..
    Most people will not place their photos here as most of those photos relates to a particular tournament so to view badminton photos you have to go to the tournament forum. There are usually one or two treads dealing specifically with badminton photos of these events. There are also photos in the players forum. The best mean to find them is via the search function but I find half the fun is just cruising the forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, so that's how it works. Thanks for explaining.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Me View Post
    any slr can set a shutter speed of 160s. use bulb mode or aperture priority with a small aperture + low iso.
    You may need a device to allow the shutter speed of 160s. I don't know how the D700 works. The D90 only allows a maximum exposure time of 30s. For longer amount of time, a shutter cord/wireless control device is needed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm..

..i was thinking the same also as the Bulb option is the next option to choose. However, i've never tried that long of an exposure/shutter speed nor have thought/imagined we would need that much time. Perhaps i should try that option the next time, and if the camera allows it.
    Btw, kwun's pic's properties indicate he used a pretty "large" aperture f/5.8 + a medium ISO.

*Destricto_Ense: Yes, the title of this sub-forum "Badminton Photography" is somewhat misleading or vague, esp. after one enters and finds out most of the threads either discuss about camera equipments or techniques or photography, in general.
    As for this thread's title, well, i think the contents speak for themselves.
    However, if you've opened some of the threads, in this sub-forum, there are a few threads that discuss badminton-related photos/subjects (how to improve, critiques of badminton pics etc.), like these below:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=66112
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=40330
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=59524
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=60945
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=56004

In short, I guess this sub-forum would deal w/ anything related to photography, which may encompass badminton as well as other subjects.
    Maybe the sub-forum title could be renamed to something more "general" in nature??
    Yes, what badwally wrote refers to specific badminton-related photos/pics.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 02-23-2009 at 08:23 PM.

Richmond, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Scann: Sorry for the late shooting. Maximum iso for LX3 is 3200; so I can only post a pic at 3200.

You can find more pics by this camera at various iso from this link:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pana...clx3/page7.asp

or:

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/pa...ew/index.shtml

or:

http://www.dchome.net/viewthread.php...age%3D1&page=3
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    Btw, kwun's pic's properties indicate he used a pretty "large" aperture f/5.8 + a medium ISO.
    small aperture + low iso + lots of light = larger aperture + medium iso + a lot less light. i was just suggesting that one way to get a slow shutter speed is to use small aperture + low iso but it depends on your environment and how long you want your exposure to be.

d90's maximum shutter speed of 30s only applies to shutter priority and manual mode. if you use aperture priority and set a small aperture + low iso then you can get a much longer exposure without using bulb mode or a cable release. i would expect canons to perform the same way otherwise aperture priority mode would be useless at night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

d90's maximum shutter speed of 30s only applies to shutter priority and manual mode. if you use aperture priority and set a small aperture + low iso then you can get a much longer exposure without using bulb mode or a cable release. i would expect canons to perform the same way otherwise aperture priority mode would be useless at night.
    You are right on the aperture priority and bulb mode. I have found that the aperture priority and bulb not always give me the desired results - too dark (I may need to learn more about the settings). I feel the manual mode allows me better results. I plan to get a cable release to experiment more the bulb feature.

Page 70 of 94 FirstFirst ... 20 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast