User Tag List

Page 77 of 94 FirstFirst ... 27 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,293 to 1,309 of 1584
  1. #1293
    Regular Member red00ecstrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong S.A.R. China
    Posts
    1,985
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Fooling around with my new lens!

    Kwun has got exactly the same lens!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #1294
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,957
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow, red..that photo is pretty impressive!

  3. #1295
    Regular Member red00ecstrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong S.A.R. China
    Posts
    1,985
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you george! The lens that I used was in fact a "home made" tilt lens. It was made of a CZJ 80mm f2.8 and a tilt mount (kwun has it too!).
    You can't really see the real power out of it at the moment. Coz that photo was shot through a thick glass. But I have to say the quality of this East German made 80mm lens was much much better than I thought!

  4. #1296
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,948
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by red00ecstrat View Post
    Thank you george! The lens that I used was in fact a "home made" tilt lens. It was made of a CZJ 80mm f2.8 and a tilt mount (kwun has it too!).
    You can't really see the real power out of it at the moment. Coz that photo was shot through a thick glass. But I have to say the quality of this East German made 80mm lens was much much better than I thought!
    that's a great shot!

    i have to admit though that i don't use it nearly enough. you have inspired me to shoot with it more often.

  5. #1297
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Poole
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by red00ecstrat View Post
    The lens that I used was in fact a "home made" tilt lens. It was made of a CZJ 80mm f2.8 and a tilt mount (kwun has it too!).
    which tilt mount are you using? is it one of those hartblei MF->35mm adaptors with a fixed angle of tilt or can you adjust the amount tilt?

  6. #1298
    Regular Member red00ecstrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong S.A.R. China
    Posts
    1,985
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Me View Post
    which tilt mount are you using? is it one of those hartblei MF->35mm adaptors with a fixed angle of tilt or can you adjust the amount tilt?
    The one that I use was ordered from arax photo. http://araxfoto.com/accessories/tilt/

    It allows Pentacon Six lenses to fit major 35mm slr/dslr cameras with a tilt mechanism. It can be tilted from 0 to 8 degree.

    For more information about Pentacon Six lenses and cameras. You can visit http://www.pentaconsix.com/

  7. #1299
    Regular Member red00ecstrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong S.A.R. China
    Posts
    1,985
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    that's a great shot!

    i have to admit though that i don't use it nearly enough. you have inspired me to shoot with it more often.
    Thanks kwun. I use it on my assignments too! It's good to use it for shooting portrait.

  8. #1300
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Poole
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i shouldn't have asked...now i have to fight the BBB virus again... :P

  9. #1301
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,948
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by red00ecstrat View Post
    Thanks kwun. I use it on my assignments too! It's good to use it for shooting portrait.
    would love to see more of your work with that lens!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Me View Post
    i shouldn't have asked...now i have to fight the BBB virus again... :P
    i have the similar mount that red has.

    more poison for Mini Me:

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=47420

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=52933

  10. #1302
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Poole
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    must resist....been spending $ on my bicycle....no $ left for camera stuff or badminton stuff

  11. #1303
    Regular Member red00ecstrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong S.A.R. China
    Posts
    1,985
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    u know, my father-in-law told me an interesting story about the history of Carl Ziess Jena lens. it can be found here. http://webh01.ua.ac.be/elmc/website_FL/Zeiss_eng.htm

  12. #1304
    Regular Member red00ecstrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong S.A.R. China
    Posts
    1,985
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by red00ecstrat View Post
    u know, my father-in-law told me an interesting story about the history of Carl Ziess Jena lens. it can be found here. http://webh01.ua.ac.be/elmc/website_FL/Zeiss_eng.htm
    Sorry guys, what I meant "interesting" was referring to why and how Carl Ziess/Carl Ziess Jena lenses were born. And war can never be interesting!

  13. #1305
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Jakarta & Auckland
    Posts
    349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Me View Post
    must resist....been spending $ on my bicycle....no $ left for camera stuff or badminton stuff
    *hypnotise mode on*
    you cannot resist... you cannot resist.. :P~~

    no love for badminton or photography anymore my friend?

    j/k

    on serious note.. this remind me of something... lens baby
    I have not read or do any research to this though... but I saw ads for lens baby.. it seem it can tilt too.. is lens baby can do the same thing?

  14. #1306
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hahaha, i thot i was mavis fan:P
    anyway, i don't know where to slot this article
    --------------------------------------------------------

    Photographers Are Not Authors, Says Judge in Google Book Case
    by: Erick Schonfeld November 05, 2009

    The latest twist in the ongoing settlement talks between Google (GOOG) and book authors is that Wednesday, the judge in the case denied an attempt by photographers to become part of the settlement. In the decision (embedded below), Judge Denny Chin basically ruled that photographers are not authors, and that the settlement only covers “word-based material,” with the exception of illustrations in children’s books.

    The motion to join the suit was brought by the American Society of Media Photographers, the Graphic Artists Guild, the Picture Archive Council of America, the North American Nature Photographers Association, and several individual photographers. The current settlement is between Google and the Author’s Guild.

    The judge writes that the motion was filed to late, and that in any case, the current settlement does not preclude photographers from bringing their own lawsuit.

    Obviously, many books include photographs and illustrations. If a book is scanned into Google’s searchable database with a copyrighted image, it appears that Google might still be liable for displaying those images. At least that is what judge Chin suggests when he writes that the settlement does not copyright holders of “pictorial materials and binds them in no way.” I’ve asked Google for clarification on how it intends to deal with such issues.

  15. #1307
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Poole
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ae86trueno View Post
    *hypnotise mode on*
    you cannot resist... you cannot resist.. :P~~

    no love for badminton or photography anymore my friend?

    j/k
    i love badminton, photography and cycling but they have different costs and i have finite $ (until i win lotto ).

    initial costs: photography >>>> cycling >> badminton
    ongoing costs: cycling > badminton > photography
    susceptibility to upgradeitis: photography = cycling >>>> badminton

  16. #1308
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ireland.
    Posts
    1,236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dunno if I've posted this before...


  17. #1309
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Jakarta & Auckland
    Posts
    349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Me View Post
    i love badminton, photography and cycling but they have different costs and i have finite $ (until i win lotto ).

    initial costs: photography >>>> cycling >> badminton
    ongoing costs: cycling > badminton > photography
    susceptibility to upgradeitis: photography = cycling >>>> badminton
    hahahah our boat seem look alike.. just difference is replace the word cycling with 'weekend' car and swap the initial cost between photog with the 'weekend' car.

    Lotto will solve all

Page 77 of 94 FirstFirst ... 27 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. alternative to YY BG-65
    By olli in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 20
    : 09-10-2012, 12:22 AM
  2. Alternative to MP 88
    By KaffiQ in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 16
    : 08-09-2009, 01:42 PM
  3. Help me for the best alternative
    By ice_dragon in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 4
    : 03-14-2009, 04:40 PM
  4. alternative for Winex Ti-6
    By rubenboogaard in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 11-11-2007, 11:59 AM
  5. Alternative to BG-80/BG-85
    By Cricket in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 11
    : 03-10-2004, 05:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •