Foot Pain!!

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Timbuctoo, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Timbuctoo

Timbuctoo Regular Member

I am right handed and so I tend to lunge for the shuttle with my right foot (as per correct footwork) and therefore use my left leg mostly to generate the launch forward if moving to the right. But then again if I want to move left then my right leg would be pushing off. Over the past few weeks I have been getting a painful left foot (front sole of the left foot, right foot is fine 100%). I feel it has to be the shoes but could it be something else? I am using Wilson Squash shoes, they feel comfortable and I can't feel the pain much whilst playing but afterwards it's really sore. Any suggestions, remarks or advise will be taken on board accept stopping playing, lol!

2. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

When you lunge with your right foot, do you turn your left foot out and use it as a brake?

If you keep your foot straight, then you might be putting the foot in a tense position rather than a relaxed one. Turning the foot outwards instead will give you a more relaxed position. You can tell whether you do this by looking at the wear on your left shoe. It should develop more wear on the left inside surface.

Don't forget that there may be underlying medical issues. Consider consulting a doctor.

3. Timbuctoo

Timbuctoo Regular Member

Thanks for the reply Gollum. I probably don't drag my foot like a brake, at least I don't think I do. Both shoes are worn in the same places, at the front half on both. I think I'll get some gel pads for the front part of both shoes for more shock absorbtion. The shoes are only 5 or 6 months old so maybe I'm due for a new pair. I think I'll go for some Asics court shoes with the gel alrwady in there unless someone has a better shoe they could tell me about. All of my toes on both feet were broken when I was hit by a bus at a young age and as a result my toes are bent & twisted. When I choose shoes I need extra room at the front so that rules out many options. I'll take any advise on board!!

4. Pureskill

Pureskill Regular Member

Feed my family.
    Planta Fasciitis

I had planta fasciitis to both of my feet for the last few months. It is the symptoms when you feel the pain when you take the first step after waking up in the morning. You will also feel the pain when you start walking after your feet has not been active for a few minutes.
    It appear at the sole of the feet. I don't know whether you have the same symptoms, but it is good to consult a doctor to verify your condition. A good way to relieve the pain is the use hot pack. Another method is to wear soft cushioned shoe pad along with your shoes. There are other websites you may want to browse to find out more on this symptom. Hope this helps.