Dear Experts...

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Antokbali, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Antokbali

Antokbali Regular Member

A racket stringer
    I trully need your help.

I am maybe stupid to have 5 rackets from 3 different brands and still want to buy another one.
    I have:
    1 Yonex (AT 700), 2 Wilson (V6 and V10), 2 Carlton (Airblade Superlite).
    now I am thinking of buying NS 9000 S.
    I use very often my AT 700. In the beginning was not that easy to handle that racket (AT 700) but now It is really great to have it in my hand.:D

What is your comment and suggestion? Should I sell my other rackets? Should I keep the one i like most and buying the same racket as spare?:confused:

Thanks in advance and i really appreciated.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I was once in the same situation as yours, or even worse. For a period, i was trying to test out "what could be the one for me". Therefore, I ended up with 10+ rackets from 5+ brands. Most rackets I had were decent rackets, but very few were too impressive. Never to metion since I have no more than 2 per kind, switching racket in between games was a disaster.

After I picked cab30ms, I knew I found the one for me. Then, I started to pack loads of cab30ms, while selling off my old stocks. If I don't use them, why not move them out for space saving as well as a few extra $$$? :rolleyes:

Ok, enough of my old history. :p My suggestion is, try out NS9ks and compare it with AT700. If the NS9Ks is truly an upgrade for you, then, get maybe 2 of it, and start to sell off your old ones. If AT700 is still your favorite, pack another 1 or 2 AT700, and still sell off the others. ;)

3. slam_w2k

slam_w2k Regular Member

I am in the middle of similar situation. I just start playing again after 5 years. I was looking for a new racket, as all my old rackets are relatively heavy then the newer models. I brought 5 new various types of racket, no expensive Yonex, because I can't afford to make a mistake for $200 a pop.

Over the summer I study different weight, balance, tension here and on the Internet. I customized a $30 racket to 96g, balance point 295, and tension about 20lbs. I strung most the racket much higher than 20, but even with the same weight and balance point, they just don't play the same.

I am still experimenting; I actually use lead tape on the handle for the weight and move the balance point down. I think you should get to know the characteristic of your AT700, and stay with the same spec with your new racket(s).

4. Antokbali

Antokbali Regular Member

A racket stringer
    Big thanks...

Hallo Buddy, Thanks for your advice.:)

5. Antokbali

Antokbali Regular Member

A racket stringer
    Thanks...

Hallo Slam, Thanks very much indeed for your comment and suggestion.:)

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
  7. Antokbali

Antokbali Regular Member

A racket stringer
    Not yet...

No not yet.:) and U are not rude at all.:cool:

The other Thread was about buying another racket wether NS9000 X or S but not asking if I am maybe "stupid" to have 5 rackets from 3 different brands. The previous Thread also mentioned if I should "sell" the others and keep the one I like most and "to buy" the same as spare.:D

You see the different now?;) But thanks for the input.:D

8. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    if your rackets really dont suit you, sell them then buy a new one
    it helps you save cost anyway
    but you said it yourself your at700 feels good, if it dont ache your arm and you feel comfortable with it then all you need to do is work on skill and techniue,

9. Antokbali

Antokbali Regular Member

A racket stringer
    U r right...

Dear yy_ling,

You are right and I will stay with my lovely AT 700 BUT if all of my rackets including my AT 700 sold out, I will buy NS 9000 S.;)

I have just sent email to all my friends in my club about my rackets and guess what they said? "Heyyy....don't you want to play Badminton anymore???" :crying:

Heee...they are schocked. Heee..:eek:

10. z3048018

z3048018 Regular Member

i started off with 2 Aerotus 70s and found that they were not right for me. sold them off and bought myself 2 Cab21s which were nice. having tried my friend's AT700, which suited my play, i've sold the 21s. it's no use to keep the old ones as spare as they just sit there collecting dust.

keep the ones you regularly use and sell off the others

11. Antokbali

Antokbali Regular Member

A racket stringer
    Thanks...

Ohhhhh...I have many suggestion from this forum. Mostly they are saying that I should keep the one which suited me and buy the same as spare.

Thanks Guys. I am happy now.:D