User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks viver. i'll look more into it. and chehsi, what you said interests me since i am an owner of a PENTAX camera. the analog one. i am very satisfied with it. i can take night shots and still see the background landscap thanks to the shutter speed function. the only thing is, with analog camera i cant afford to experiment too much. it costs a lot to buy and develope negatives and you cant see the result right after you took the picture. with digital camera i can shoot away and just delete the ones i am not satisfied with. which gives me the freedom to take crappy shots. he he he. just to see what it would look like with different settings. that's why i want a digital with shutter speed option. a lot of point and shoot cameras just give you presets. i want to be able to choose different settings. but my problem is i dont have the budget. har har har. maybe i should stop picking hobbies that needs me to spend too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    I, myself was thinking of getting a P&S.

Kwun, what features made you decide on the F30? I was looking at the G7. With the hotshoe, I can put my Canon flash on it. Even thought the flash will be bigger than the camera!

The other option is the Olympus - the one that can withstand falls and go underwater. I haven't had a chance to handle one yet, though.
    The G7 takes quality photos:
    http://www.mycanong7.com/244701/index.html

But the F30 wins hands down in high ISO situations, although I prefer the G7 for everyday shooting with all its manual controls and whatnot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to have an analog Pentax too... and it was like an ever lasting thing ahahah.. but there're a lot of stuff that you can't do with analog cameras. That's when i've decided to really 'invest' for a digital camera. Spent more on it but never regret.

I never have problems taking pictures in dark area using a casio. All those presets will take care of it. eg. There's a preset for nightview + human portrait. With that, you can still see the background and the human face clearly and sometimes, don't even need flash for it. You can count on the shutter speed of a casio. When I bought mine, it was the fastest in the market! (not anymore with so many newer models now). But of course, when you're taking shots like this, you gotta have steady hands/use tripod.

Tho' with all those presets, you can still adjust the settings manually if you want. And once you've made that setting, you can even save it and use it next time for similar shots.

I still suggest you go check it out in the shop. Try it yourself. While I got mine for like RM1.3k last time for a 4mp (now worth a few hundreds only). .. now you can get a 6mp, with anti shake,..etc.. for below 1k. how's that?? I sometimes got the urge to upgrade it actually.. but er.. i'll probably save it for a DSLR later And I still love my Casio 4mp dearly

Here's a photo that I took with my good ol' 4mp Casio. Didn't use flash for it.

Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh
    thanks viver. i'll look more into it. and chehsi, what you said interests me since i am an owner of a PENTAX camera. the analog one. i am very satisfied with it. i can take night shots and still see the background landscap thanks to the shutter speed function. the only thing is, with analog camera i cant afford to experiment too much. it costs a lot to buy and develope negatives and you cant see the result right after you took the picture. with digital camera i can shoot away and just delete the ones i am not satisfied with. which gives me the freedom to take crappy shots. he he he. just to see what it would look like with different settings. that's why i want a digital with shutter speed option. a lot of point and shoot cameras just give you presets. i want to be able to choose different settings. but my problem is i dont have the budget. har har har. maybe i should stop picking hobbies that needs me to spend too much.
    Last edited by chehsi; 03-26-2007 at 07:14 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopty
    The G7 takes quality photos:
    http://www.mycanong7.com/244701/index.html

But the F30 wins hands down in high ISO situations, although I prefer the G7 for everyday shooting with all its manual controls and whatnot.
    agree. the G7 and the F30 are both nice camera. they are of a different class, the G7 being more SLR like in its controls, but for that, one sacrifice in size. the F30 is more of a real "P&S" type camera, small and no frills operation. Janet keeps hers in her handbag and i have it set to auto everything, she never bothered changing any settings at all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can consider the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 P&S camera.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, so i have a few to choose from. i'll take a closer look on the casio, sony, panasonic and fuji. do some comparison. by the way, love the night pic chehsi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

happy camera hunting! To me.. it's always fun when you go kacau the shop heheh... I mean, if you do have intention to buy one, no harm to get the staff to help/demo to you and give you recommendations. Go for those with friendly staff of course. There're some mean ones who're very unfriendly and if you start to ask them to take out like 5 different cameras, they'll think you just want to 'gau gau jun mou bong chan' (tho' sometimes, that's what we do ahahahah).

Oh ya.. a friend of mine got a lumix.. and he took some amazing pictures with it too. sometimes, more like who's taking the picture cuz' there's another person who's using a lumix too but..can't figure out how to do the settings etc. that's why it's important to get something that you're comfortable with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chehsi
    'gau gau jun mou bong chan'.
    those salesmen are professionals! they know your intention!

Quote Originally Posted by chehsi
    Oh ya.. a friend of mine got a lumix.. and he took some amazing pictures with it too. sometimes, more like who's taking the picture cuz' there's another person who's using a lumix too but..can't figure out how to do the settings etc. that's why it's important to get something that you're comfortable with.
    as for the lumix. i guess u really need to think again before buying it! yes, it'd equipped with a 28mm leica lens but the sensor isn't good when comparing to a canon ixus or g7! digital noise is easily noticable even in iso 400! (check the shadow area of your friend's picture.) if you've got a chance. try borrowing one from your friend. play with it and see if it meets your requirement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahahah... You know what I do sometimes? Like if I know I want to get this particular thing, I'll just buy from the first sales person who bothered to entertain me Those who think I gau gau jun... too bad la. Hate it when they look at you wonder if you could afford to buy or not. But really, some sales ppl are really nice.

I doubt about Lumix too cuz' the one I 'played' with is not that good la. Maybe I'm just too used to Casio and when I try to play around with other cameras, I'm like 'yerrr! why so mafan one!?'

And ya.. the Lumix that my friend got is a LX2. The pics look nice.. but not sure how user friendly it is. And er.. I'm no expert la.. dunno how to evaluate all the iso..etc..etc.. I think he did some touch up to his photos too. One of the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by red00ecstrat
    those salesmen are professionals! they know your intention!

as for the lumix. i guess u really need to think again before buying it! yes, it'd equipped with a 28mm leica lens but the sensor isn't good when comparing to a canon ixus or g7! digital noise is easily noticable even in iso 400! (check the shadow area of your friend's picture.) if you've got a chance. try borrowing one from your friend. play with it and see if it meets your requirement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that doesn't look bad! mind to share us the setting?
    last time my friend used his lumix to take some shots from eric clapton's concert. those noise in the shadow area was pretty scary!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red00ecstrat
    that doesn't look bad! mind to share us the setting?
    last time my friend used his lumix to take some shots from eric clapton's concert. those noise in the shadow area was pretty scary!
    There're a whole lot of nice pic that he took. I'll ask him if it's ok to share the link here. And ya, will also try to ask for the settings.. he's one busy guy - a film director.

Oh ya.. when you said 'noise in the shadow area'.. meaning? Sorry, I don't quite understand photography term or.. any sample of pics to show that? I find it difficult to capture good pic in concerts...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Lumix DMC-LX2 has a true 16:9 sensor and lcd widescreen, probably the first of its type. It has an impressive 28mm lens (in 35mm terms). It has what almost all other p&s cameras don't have-manual focus and manual exposure options and capturing RAW images. At iso 3200 it can still capture a full 4224 x 2376 image size. The old LX1 could not go beyond iso 400.
    But it has poor bokeh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's poor bokeh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahahah... You know what I do sometimes? Like if I know I want to get this particular thing, I'll just buy from the first sales person who bothered to entertain me Those who think I gau gau jun... too bad la. Hate it when they look at you wonder if you could afford to buy or not. But really, some sales ppl are really nice.
    yeah, i dont really understand what gau gau jun means but i get the gist of it. i hate unfriendly salesperson too. professional or not, you should never just disregard a potential shopper. that person might not be buying now because he/she wants to see what he/she wants first before saving up the money to buy it. if you are a bit helpful when needed, he/she might just remember that and when he/she finally decide to buy the camera, where do you think he/she will go? i agree with chehsi on that.

I doubt about Lumix too cuz' the one I 'played' with is not that good la. Maybe I'm just too used to Casio and when I try to play around with other cameras, I'm like 'yerrr! why so mafan one!?'
    what's mafan?

And ya.. the Lumix that my friend got is a LX2. The pics look nice.. but not sure how user friendly it is. And er.. I'm no expert la.. dunno how to evaluate all the iso..etc..etc.. I think he did some touch up to his photos too. One of the pics.
    maybe it was the touched up pics that looks so good. the one you posted look cool. human subject always intrigues. i wonder how much is it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's poor bokeh?
    Look up the thread 'camera lens bokeh discussion'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok taneepak, will do. in the mean time i just wanted to say, the more i do these research and comparison and camera review stuff, i discovered that not only it is of little help ,because everybody have nice things and bad things to say about just any camera on the market, in fact it has confused me more. so maybe i should just buy the one that is pleasing to the eye. ha ha ha ha. and cheaper. and just live with it and learn to take good pics with whatever i have.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ok taneepak, will do. in the mean time i just wanted to say, the more i do these research and comparison and camera review stuff, i discovered that not only it is of little help ,because everybody have nice things and bad things to say about just any camera on the market, in fact it has confused me more. so maybe i should just buy the one that is pleasing to the eye. ha ha ha ha. and cheaper. and just live with it and learn to take good pics with whatever i have.
    it is a P&S! go read dpreview and pick any of the camera from the recommended list, find one that fits what your budget would allow and one that fits your requirement for size.

you are talking about bad quality vs. really bad quality. so any comparison of fine details in quality are pretty much a waste of time...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast