0 Thread(s)

yeah, i guess that about sums it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red00ecstrat
    that doesn't look bad! mind to share us the setting?
    last time my friend used his lumix to take some shots from eric clapton's concert. those noise in the shadow area was pretty scary!
    Ok.. seems that he did some touch up on this photo on the colours only. As for the noise, it's normally like that when shooting in high ISO or at dark places and there's nothing much you can do. It depends on the noise reduction of the camera itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry dude.. didn't know you dunno Cantonese (I always assume anyone from Ipoh would know Cantonese )

Gau Gau Jun = main main (playing around)

Mafan = leceh (hassle)

That photo got touched up on the colour a bit. That Lumix LX2 is about RM1,600 i think.

Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh
    yeah, i dont really understand what gau gau jun means but i get the gist of it. i hate unfriendly salesperson too. professional or not, you should never just disregard a potential shopper. that person might not be buying now because he/she wants to see what he/she wants first before saving up the money to buy it. if you are a bit helpful when needed, he/she might just remember that and when he/she finally decide to buy the camera, where do you think he/she will go? i agree with chehsi on that.

what's mafan?

maybe it was the touched up pics that looks so good. the one you posted look cool. human subject always intrigues. i wonder how much is it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long as you don't simply grab something and later regret getting it

it's either just P&S... or P&S+wow! or a 'yay!'

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    it is a P&S! go read dpreview and pick any of the camera from the recommended list, find one that fits what your budget would allow and one that fits your requirement for size.

you are talking about bad quality vs. really bad quality. so any comparison of fine details in quality are pretty much a waste of time...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he he he. not all people in ipoh are cantonese. but i do know bits and pieces of cantonese due to my love of cantonese series. like sek fan, fan kau, leng chai, leng loi, lek chai, ho sek, ho mei, mo man tai... etc etc etc. har har har. that lumix kinda a bit expensive. but it had good reviews too.

yeah, i know. it is just p&s but a good p&s will help with the developing of interest. he he he. i have decided on fujifilm finepix e550. it has gotten quit good reviews from a lot of different sites. and according to the dpreview it costs about US$179.00. that should be about RM650.00. within my budget. my challenge now would be to find it. it is an old model. anybody here have that camera? is it good?
    Last edited by azabaz_ipoh; 03-28-2007 at 08:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    agree. the G7 and the F30 are both nice camera. they are of a different class, the G7 being more SLR like in its controls, but for that, one sacrifice in size. the F30 is more of a real "P&S" type camera, small and no frills operation. Janet keeps hers in her handbag and i have it set to auto everything, she never bothered changing any settings at all.
    I think I'm going for the Fuji. F31 is out now. It costs less than the G7.

I had a chance to get a G7 2nd hand only 3 months old. Unfortunately, the previous owner seemed to have been a bit rough with some slight flakes of paint coming off. Figured it wasn't worth the cost.

The camera won't be primarily used by me so it should win out against the Canon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$1k priced best d-slr camerawould be nikon d80 ftw

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I notice that most p&s digital cameras do not go wider than 35mm (in 35mm format term). On the other hand the digital slr cameras focal range do often go down to 28mm, which is much better than 35mm. A p&s camera is supposed to be a quick-shooter for candids, indoors, landscapes, and most important of all, travel. The ideal focal range would be from 24mm to 200mm. Picture quality is not that important-for that you use a dslr-instead functionality is even more important. As a matter of fact a 36mm or 38mm focal length is close to the normal focal length.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3