www.badmintonsecrets.com?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Xaviman, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Xaviman

Xaviman Regular Member

anyone have gone to this page, it's provide a lot of information of psychological badminton tips And techniques. is it worth?

thanx Xaviman

2. jerby

jerby Regular Member

I have subsribed, already soem time ago...and I must say: it's hilarious...
    Some months ago I got a link to a sound-clip for my own confidence, and make me smahs harder...

11min of "I am strong, I am mighty, I'm powerfull...just imagine yourself killing that shuttle at 200mph form the baseline....I am strong, I am powerfull" brilliant stuff...

Critcially, I haven't gotten a single good tip out of him..nothing relating to badminton...But then, mentally, everything is quite alright with me...I think....;)

3. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Robert G. Johns is trying to sell you a book of cheap pop-psychology, and pass it off as "badminton secrets". His mailing list is a means for him to flog his (doubtless vapid) book.

He's not a badminton coach, he's not a psychiatrist, he's not a psychologist, and his promotional, patronising writing makes him sound like a moron.

His sole (asserted) qualification is that he is a "life coach" (actually, he seems to have removed that now). Life coaches are self-proclaimed, self-taught "experts" at everything. I like to think of them as vampires, preying on the gullible, the pathetic, and the insecure.

In other words, he and his life-coach brethren are full of $hit. But then, I would have thought that was obvious from his hyped-up website.

4. Monster

Monster Regular Member

I read only two posts from the mailing list and I set my MS Outlook to automatically bin his mails to my bin now.