Questions on grips

Discussion in 'Grip' started by kktan, Oct 7, 2006.

1. kktan

kktan Regular Member

i just bought gosen grips. and i realized after opening them up is this one has a double sided tape adhesive in the middle of the grip. which is not same as what i have always used. ( which doesnt have any adhesive tape in the middle)

does that mean that i have to take the original grip on my new racket before i lay the gosen grip ( which has and adhesive tape on teh middle of the grip) on to the racquect. i have not done this before.

i have always used the normal grips ( without the adhesive tape) and just lay them on top of the grip that comes with the racquet.

thanks for your clarification.

2. shibbish

shibbish Regular Member

well taking off the original grip or not is entirely up to you. it depends on whether the size of the grip fits your hand. if you find that you want original grip + the gosen grip, you can try wrapping clingwrap or a layer of electrical tape around the original grip before putting the new grip on.

3. kktan

kktan Regular Member

thanks. i took off original grip and put in my gosen grip.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Looks like ur new gosen grip is the replacement grip, and the other ones are overgrips. Usually, the replacement grip is thicker than the other. Whether remove the original grip or not, it's down to you (e.g. ur hand size). However, try to protect the wood with wrap or tapes, before applying new replacement grip on. ;)

5. kktan

kktan Regular Member

i din do that. i just laid the replacement grip over the wood.