ISO TIS SX or 3U TI 10?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by johny, Jul 15, 2001.

1. johny

johny Guest

I have 3U MP100 currently, before I played with other two racket: ISO TIS SR and ISO TIS SS.

TIS SR is fast and head heavy, but since it is too light -- only 81g, no very powerful long smash can be produced (if someone really can make it, I guess the racket will be broken soon). TIS SS is even faster since it is not so head heavy and has stiffer shaft compared with SR. However, TIS SS is not head heavy enough to produce powerful long smash, only perfect for quick drives in double actions.

So I turn to MP-100. I selected a 3U version in order to have the similar weight as TIS SS. But MP-100 is totally different: It has very heavy head, sometimes I even wonder if this is really 3U racket... The long smash produced by MP-100 is amazing powerful and fast, but the consequence is that my arm get tired very easily after a couple of minutes. Also the heavy head of MP-100 really prevent me from hitting lots of tricky shots. I nearly have no time to react in order to return a smash to the back line of the court. In a match, I feel most of my energy were not used on shots or running instead of moving this racket.

I think there must be some other rackets that is just enough head heavy to produce powerful smashes while still give me good defense. So there is only two top line racket left between TIS SS and MP-100: TIS SX and 3U Ti 10. Since lots of people are praising Ti 10, I'm thinking of getting this one. But I'm still not quite sure about how a 3U Ti 10 feels like compared with a 3U MP-100 and ISO TIS SS, does anyone have some experience in this? By the way, I'm 60kg in weight, so I never tried to have a 2U extra long rackt, but CAB20 2U still feels good for me since it is normal length.

2. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I've almost exactly the same feeling as you. I've Ti SP SA, 2U MP-100 and 2U Ti-10 before, and I've tried my friends' 3U Ti-10 and 3U MP-100. I finally bought a 3U Ti-10 myself and it became my default racquet nowadays.

Before the 3U Ti-10, I used mainly Mizuno MP100 and MP300, and I still use them these days - as I can play more tricky shots or still hit the shuttle in awkward position with Mizuno (especially the MMP100).

3U Ti-10 is really lovely. Based on what you said, it should probably suit you pretty well. Mine is 3U G5 and my friend's one is 3U G4. Surprising, all of us (we even tried the stupid "blind comparison") feel that the 3U G4 is a little bit lighter.

After playing with the 3U Ti-10 for a month now, I then try my 2U Ti-10 (which is a CN racquet) again. I found that I have better feel about it now, but I still found that my arm is more easily to get tired with.

The question which bothers me now is : should I buy a Ti SP SX ? Since I've a ISO 900 SX and I had the impression that Ti SP SX is similar to ISO 900 SX (which is very stiff and head heavy) before, so I didn't even think of buy one (I found that ISO 900 SX is not suitable to me). However, after trying the 3U Ti-10, I wonder whether TI SP SX is even more suitable to me.

Unfortunately, since I already have over 20 racquets, I told myself I should focus more on skills, rather than buying more racquets. Therefore I still haven't made up my mind ...

3. Sean

Sean Guest

I used to own ISO 900 SX before I bought the ISO Ti SP SX.
    my verdict : They are very different racquets!

ISO 900 SX is very head heavy which I didn't like. I sold it after using it for a couple of months. I decided to get myself ISO Ti SP SX, and it feels just perfect for me.

Iso Ti SP SX is stiff enough to deliver powerful smash, yet it is very manouverable, it can swing real fast and able to reach places where other racquets couldn't.

It is not as head heavy as the ISO 900 SX; that's for sure.
    I'm still not sure how it compares to 3U Ti 10 though. Probably about the same..., just swing a bit faster than Ti 10.

4. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Ricky,

U have over 20 rackets! Wow that is great.

Johny why dont u try the Ti 8 3U G5. It will have head weight as the grip size is G5.But i guess nothing like an Ti 10.I dont think u should buy a Iso 900.

Have u tried the carlton range of rackets. AS 1 probably.

Ricky, How much i sthe Mizuno Mp 100 and Mp 300. and how much is the Ti 10 3U version in Hk.

Thanks

5. bosch

bosch Guest

ricky, is it possible for you to part with some of your racquets if the price is right?

6. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    What do you mean by "part" ?

7. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I don't consider having over 20 racquets is great. I think having skills like Cheung is great instead. :)

Regarding those Mizuno racquets, since they must be imported from Japan, therefore the price is very expensive (over HK$1000). You can get them much cheaper in Japan.

For 3U Ti-10, the normal selling price is ~HK$740 in HK (of course, I can get it at a slightly cheaper price). They are imported from Taiwan or Thailand.

8. bosch

bosch Guest

lol, what i meant was would you consider selling any of your racquets?