User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Shb-65r

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

these pair of shoes are selling for the lowest at s$135 in sg...its called power cushion 65r SP....SP and the jap 1, any difference in quality?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chickenpoodle View Post
    a friend gave me a quick concise version!
    apparently theres defective batches, shb0610, 0611, 0612, and 0701.
    these shoes had poor bonding between the midsole and outer sole, and the material may peel apart with use, resulting in possible injury. this was recognized by yonex in march and a recall notice was sent out. people can return the shoes to their origin of purchase.

Also, is the re-call also include JP version? I was told the pair I purchased is JP versino, as the insole is very different from my other non-JP Yonex shoes. It appears that the JP shoes have some curvy "VeryCool" insole, which feels very comfortable. Also, I feel this pair is slighter wider than my other non-JP shoes. Of course, since i don't have other non-JP 65R, can't really compare in a very accurate way.
    Sorry to bring up an old topic, as I just purchased a pair of 65R in TW 2 days ago.

Is the number "0610", "0611", etc the batch numbers for 65R, or they are totally different shoe models? Since I threw away the shoe box already, I don't think I can check any possible batch number or even think about return the shoes, as the international shipping fee might cost me even more than the shoe itself (<US$70).

If my memory serves me correctly, I might saw the number "611" somewhere in the box (QA sticker?). However, I purchased it in late september, and from a fairly reputable TW dealer... well, anything can happen, and just want to make sure.
    Last edited by LazyBuddy; 09-29-2007 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Sorry to bring up an old topic, as I just purchased a pair of 65R in TW 2 days ago.

Is the number "0610", "0611", etc the batch numbers for 65R, or they are totally different shoe models? Since I threw away the shoe box already, I don't think I can check any possible batch number or even think about return the shoes, as the international shipping fee might cost me even more than the shoe itself (<US$70).

If my memory serves me correctly, I might saw the number "611" somewhere in the box (QA sticker?). However, I purchased it in late september, and from a fairly reputable TW dealer... well, anything can happen, and just want to make sure.
    i don't recall the batch number being anywhere on the box. i haven't checked, and i don't think i will.
    it is easier however, to check the shoe itself.
    theres a tag on the inside, beside the tongue elasticy thing, on both shoes. on this tag, the batch code is printed in big black numbers.
    check there, and let us know.
    it would be a shame if you ended up with one of the defective shoes...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't recall the batch number being anywhere on the box. i haven't checked, and i don't think i will.
    it is easier however, to check the shoe itself.
    theres a tag on the inside, beside the tongue elasticy thing, on both shoes. on this tag, the batch code is printed in big black numbers.
    check there, and let us know.
    it would be a shame if you ended up with one of the defective shoes...

Thanks for the quick reply.

Just called my parents to double check my shoes, they only found "SH0707" printed on the elastic things. I guess either I read the QA sticker (box) by mistake, or they mis-placed this new pair in an old box.

Now, I feel a bit better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good stuff!
    let us know how you feel about the shoes!

i just wore them yesterday all day (with SFB's) for the MS portion of a tournament, and they actually felt real good. so i might have to withdraw my previous statements for the time being.
    more testing will be needed.
    went back to the 98's (with SFB) today for the MD event.
    i'll try the 65r's again tomrorow for XD and see how it feels.

maybe the difference is that i tried them now with SFB, rather than SFG.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good stuff!
    let us know how you feel about the shoes!

i just wore them yesterday all day (with SFB's) for the MS portion of a tournament, and they actually felt real good. so i might have to withdraw my previous statements for the time being.
    more testing will be needed.
    went back to the 98's (with SFB) today for the MD event.
    i'll try the 65r's again tomrorow for XD and see how it feels.

maybe the difference is that i tried them now with SFB, rather than SFG.
    Since my 65R has the very nice VeryCool insole, I might just try it first. Once it's worn out, I might replace it with SFG (only have this for now, with SHB99). I read that you don't seem like the 65R + SFG combo before, but I will try to bite a bullet 1st before reaching to my credit card again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Since my 65R has the very nice VeryCool insole, I might just try it first. Once it's worn out, I might replace it with SFG (only have this for now, with SHB99). I read that you don't seem like the 65R + SFG combo before, but I will try to bite a bullet 1st before reaching to my credit card again.
    was your 65R's JP market? or somewhere else?
    if they have the VeryCool insole, i would beleive it to be JP?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was your 65R's JP market? or somewhere else?
    if they have the VeryCool insole, i would beleive it to be JP?
    As the store owner (in TW) claimed, it's JP version. Yes, he also used the "VeryCool" insole as the indication.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jp shoes have verycool insoles. and is indicated by a verycool sticker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got myself a pair. Not part of the defective batch. Great shoes! Previously owned a pair of 98's. Can say that it feels like a refined version of the 98's. The fitting is very snug and narrow much like 98's. Very light as expected, build quality feels solid. Lots of ventilation through very cool insole as well as these side vents (looks like very cool technology as well). Grip quality is very good (hex design grips), good support and overall its stylish.

Nothing really bad to say about the shoe, good price and great comfort. (bought from shuttlehouse)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3