your preference of your mp77

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by TrunkZ69, Jul 15, 2001.

1. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    roughly how high do you guyz string your mp77? like please say how good you are also. i sorta hit the frame quite often and stuff liek that, im a amatuer in High school. I believe im gonna string it with bg65ti orbg68ti. ok thx

2. john

john Guest

i have my mp77 strung at 22lbs, with bg68ti, initially, it feels ok, but guess after about a couple of days, after string tension loosen a bit, it feels too loose. i will definitely try 24lbs next time. if you have the 2U version, higher tension will probably be more beneficial. because mp77 is a head heavy racquet, the net momentum of racquet head hitting the shuttle is likely higher, thus bending the strings more than if it was a head light racquet. that's just my opinion, may not necessarily be right. i think that as long as you can consistently and easily clear(forehand) from backcourt to backcourt, then you should string your mp77 higher than 22lbs. and if you can't, then probably better to stick with 22lbs, which may still feel a bit tight initially, but tension will loosen a bit afterwards.

3. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    i strung 22x24 on my mp77 2u.
    i like this tension, but after about....2 weeks of not playing due to summer school and mtn biking, the tension has decreased to something like 22lb...
    I like this tension, although it could be a bit tighter....i'll go 25 or 26lb next time...as for my skill level, I have not been professionally trained....but i rarely hit the frame :smile:

4. Jump Smasher

Jump Smasher Guest

20 lbs by 19lbs. String break in 3 weeks. Tension should be what you're comfortable with, no right or wrong.