World No.1 vs. No.2 (lin dan vs chong wei)

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by alfa2, Oct 9, 2006.

1. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    I think both of them are going to dominate the men singles for the upcoming years as they both are excellent players in different ways. I know Chong Wei personally as i'm his senior while we're still playing for penang. He's really an amazing player since he was very small and he was so short compared to the others (same batch,all of 10 yrs old), when i first got to know him.

I still remember vividly those tricks in front of the net that never fails to amaze us (the seniors) even the coach as well, just can't believe that he's doing it in front of the world right now. i'm really proud of him. at the age of 11, he was playing with the senior players of 20 yrs old + with betting (thousands) going on behind the game and he never crumbled under those pressure though he's just 11. =P

he's a natural in this game though he doesn't have the best hardware (body height and physical strength compared to lin dan) and he certainly have the software (game technics n control) well taken care of.

this is what i think of the both of them....

Lin Dan +++ hardware advantages (powerful smashes,body height etc.)
    Chong Wei +++ software advantages (game control,special techinics)

Chong Wei, we all of the players from Penang, wanna tell you that we are really very proud of you !!!

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    yes, i saw improvement in both lcw and ld since i first saw them publicly. The lcw vs ld match at HK final is prolly the most technically high as i have seen so far. These 2 are the top now.

good analogy btw. I like to add, software can be improve, hardware change is harder;) that's why i pick ld to slightly edge out lcw.

#2 cooler, Oct 9, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  3. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    agreed....hardware can be hardly upgraded

yeah thats the saddest truth...chong wei cant really improve alot on that area. Just by looking at the strength of the smashes, comparatively, chong wei's smashes are just like a half smash.....Undeniably, Lin Dan really has a better package than chong wei. Nowadays, you can even install Windows in a Mac.......... :p