User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is the fastest stringing time(exclude electronic machines)

You guys see your stringer string your rackets right? so how long does he take?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I string my own rackets and I don't go for speed. I almost always pre-string the racket while I'm waiting for a court, takes about 10 minutes to pre-string at a moderate pace. Then I go back to my office and pull the strings, which takes about 15-18 minutes.

If going fast, 3 Different Times, assuming pulling each string (no skipping):

If racket is pre-strung/pre-threaded already and just need to pull/tighten on machine: ~9 minutes.

If pre-string by hand set on machine to tighten by machine: ~17 minutes

If pre-string/thread on machine and at the same time tighten by machine: don't recall, best guess: ~25 minutes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    I string my own rackets and I don't go for speed. I almost always pre-string the racket while I'm waiting for a court, takes about 10 minutes to pre-string at a moderate pace. Then I go back to my office and pull the strings, which takes about 15-18 minutes.

If going fast, 3 Different Times, assuming pulling each string (no skipping):

If racket is pre-strung/pre-threaded already and just need to pull/tighten on machine: ~9 minutes.

If pre-string by hand set on machine to tighten by machine: ~17 minutes

If pre-string/thread on machine and at the same time tighten by machine: don't recall, best guess: ~25 minutes.
    You are fast...

I always take my time, as I want to enjoy the progress. I usually turn my TV/radio on, do the work in a more relaxing way. From opening a package of string, to it's done with stencil on, it takes about 45-60 min with a drop weight machine. The fastest ever I got to, is around 38 min, I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last time was a 1-piece in 45 minutes. easy going, just working, on a dropweight.

but if you want speed you can cut a lot of corners. stringing 2 maisn at a time, stringing 1 main at a time, using an awl (instead of toothfloss) and just going harsh on the string, and not getting the dropweight level..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speed kill...

Like many other here, I like to take my time when I string. From open package to cut off the extra strings is about 50-60min depend if the TV show is good or bad. (good=no reach for remote and keep stringing. bad=channel surfing and not stinging the racquet.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart
    Speed kill...

Like many other here, I like to take my time when I string. From open package to cut off the extra strings is about 50-60min depend if the TV show is good or bad. (good=no reach for remote and keep stringing. bad=channel surfing and not stinging the racquet.)
    a simpler solution:
    get a desk, and a hight-adjustable chair, and a table-top stringer.

place stringer on desk, next to computer (move over mouse/keyboard), adjust hight so you can sit relaxed and just string, and turn on Itunes

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    a simpler solution:
    get a desk, and a hight-adjustable chair, and a table-top stringer.

place stringer on desk, next to computer (move over mouse/keyboard), adjust hight so you can sit relaxed and just string, and turn on Itunes
    Dear Jerby,

Did I miss something here? I don't even have a iPod and I don't use iTune. I don't want to knock over my monitor either. I still kept my 400+ CD collection and still growing (at much slower pace now) . The only time I can not watch and string at same time is if I am watching a good sports event. I usually have beer in one hand while I watch sports and you know it is very difficult to string with only one hand (or watching some video that we can not mention here ). So, I am very happy with my stringing speed now and I am not going to change any setup soon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Jerby,

Did I miss something here? I don't even have a iPod and I don't use iTune. I don't want to knock over my monitor either. I still kept my 400+ CD collection and still growing (at much slower pace now) . The only time I can not watch and string at same time is if I am watching a good sports event. I usually have beer in one hand while I watch sports and you know it is very difficult to string with only one hand (or watching some video that we can not mention here ). So, I am very happy with my stringing speed now and I am not going to change any setup soon.
    The key issue for most of us part time stringer is, we do strings mainly trying to learn a new skill and enjoy the progress. Saving (or making) $$$ is more of a secondary. We put in extra time and care, because we want to do a better job, not because we want to do "more" job.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    The key issue for most of us part time stringer is, we do strings mainly trying to learn a new skill and enjoy the progress. Saving (or making) $$$ is more of a secondary. We put in extra time and care, because we want to do a better job, not because we want to do "more" job.
    TURE............

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    I almost always pre-string the racket while I'm waiting for a court, takes about 10 minutes to pre-string at a moderate pace.
    The last time I pre-string a racket (for a friend), it took me quite a while, I assume about 30 min? I found it's really hard to wave the crosses, with the main strings are still loose.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    The last time I pre-string a racket (for a friend), it took me quite a while, I assume about 30 min? I found it's really hard to wave the crosses, with the main strings are still loose.
    I always have the mains tight enough so it's not hard to weave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Jerby,

only joking matet,
    I actually envy you for such multi-tasking I msotly forget the TV, or don't heard half of the songs playing...

(BTW, I have a big desk, so that's my monitors's intact)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i usually pre-string the mains only. i then pull the mains and then for the crosses, i would weave one and pull slowly. do u guys do the same? haven't tried weaving everything and then just pulling. thinking of the mess and the tangling of strings sounds like a lot of hassle.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by utopia_imminent
    i usually pre-string the mains only. i then pull the mains and then for the crosses, i would weave one and pull slowly. do u guys do the same? haven't tried weaving everything and then just pulling. thinking of the mess and the tangling of strings sounds like a lot of hassle.
    It's the other way around, it's harder the way you do it. There's much less tangling of strings and no error (assuming you check) if you pre-weave everything first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u make it sound so easy. gonna try on my next one

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by utopia_imminent
    u make it sound so easy. gonna try on my next one
    Yes, it's very easy once you get used to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bonjour!I need one hour and I am watching TV or video (drop machine),take more when I change the grommets.
    in Madrid with YY machine the pro need 10 to 20mn!!!
    MING

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast