TV Court View Standard

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by LD FAN, Oct 10, 2006.

1. LD FAN

LD FAN Regular Member

After reviewing all recent 2006 IBF tournaments, I found that only All England is the only prestige tournaments that can really help promote people to love and play badminton.

Interesting shooting angles, continously moving camera positions, controversial line call replays and zoomable views which the TV shooting team has applied, making that game exciting to watch, this is vital that other tournaments organisers should learned from and try their best to practise the same.

I think IBF ,now WBF should have make clear to their tournment organisers, there must be a proper standard of TV court shooting procedures to be followed. Otherwise, when each time we watch different tournments, all kinds of strange and funny shooting angles were there, especially central court view shooted as a central 'corner view'.

My point is that 1st of all, must have the central TV court view to be positioned or zoomed big enough so that we as a viewer, can have a comfortable viewing of the game. Pls look at the recently concluded Indonesia Open, Singapore Open, Hong Kong Open and especially WC2006, the central TV court view are getting smaller day after day until final. The players looked small and the games looks dull. We as badminton fans, will like to see clearly how the players execute their beautiful strokes and plays.

Conclusion is that, can we request WBF to improve on this 'TV weakness' and try to start improvement ASAP with the on going Japan Open, and the rest of the upcoming tournaments. Please remember to take All England as a good example.

Pls give your comments.

Thank you.

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

best camera angles i've seen so far have been for the all-england matches and the WC 2003. the rest, quite frankly, have been crap because it's so difficult to judge how well executed some of the shots have been. especially tight net shots.

3. LD FAN

LD FAN Regular Member

One more thing to note is that the sponsors's banner are taking a lot of valuable TV view. The TV shooting team tend to put all in one, therefore making the actual thing and final product that we want to see through TV, the 'ON COURT ACTIONS' becomes smaller and smaller. Again, All England and WC 2003 never did that. To every people, somehow we did know who is the main sponsors for the tournament, therefore no need to stress heavily on the TV court view. Perhaps later in the prizing ceremony, they can do more.

4. fanatico

fanatico Regular Member

Student
    hey i think the camera view is really adversely affecting the way the homeviewers enjoy the game. i think the camera team is unable to capture the action of badminton effectively. one example the camera crew could learn from would be table tennis in the states, whereby table tennis sometimes looks at its best, even though the top players may not be playing. i think its the way the simulate the replays and they are able to make some shots look something like the matrix.

another thing is the commentator. i think the commentator is simply horrible here for supersports. IS THERE ANYTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT THIS. I THINK ITS BADLY AFFECTING THE SPORT I LOVE.

5. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

You forgot to mention one more thing, the commentators. I find that only All England's commentator is 'listenable'. I think her name is Jill.

Other commentators do not know anything about badminton and are talking non-sense. It is so bad that it affects my watching mood.

All in all I agree with you in all your points that all england's video capture is the most outstanding ones and most professional manner, including the commentators. Besides, I think the setup of the all england venue is the most suitable as well where only the courts are light up and the crowds are in the dark. This way the players are not distracted by the crowds and camera flash from the audience can be spotted instantly (which leads to the crowds not dare to use camera flash, because it will be easily spotted).

Other organizers, including the IBF hosted events should learn from All England.

6. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

And that was because WC2003 was in England.

And all england was just 4* event up until this year.

Other Open Tournament organizers should just learn more from All England.

7. LD FAN

LD FAN Regular Member

Yes we always talk about pre-match predictions, draws analysis and we all become very excited waiting for the match to come on TV. But at the end, not really exciting as what we should have predicted or expected on TV. Pls remember, TV really plays the most important role in positioning Badminton as the world's most fatest racquect sport.

Therefore, I hope more fans will support the idea of 'best TV court view standard' and try to voice out your valuable ideas and opinions.

We should be thankful that we have badmintoncentral.com as platform to help promote badminton. Let us make some result out of it > get IBF or WBF to improve!

TQ.

8. LD FAN

LD FAN Regular Member

Can anybody inform the China Open Organiser to shoot a bigger view of the badminton court and players?

Is is not enjoyable at all to watch the game on TV.

Again, the authorities have not learnt better and continued to adopt their preferable method, showing more sponsors things than the game.

From the TV screen that u all have infront of u right now, how many % do you think they have alocated to the court and players?

9. LD FAN

LD FAN Regular Member

Do appreciate if u all can voice your opinions or suggestions here about the broadcast standard.

10. LD FAN

LD FAN Regular Member

Yes, just saw that they shoot from a perfect centre court view. Big enough and excellent!

But it only last for 10 seconds and they switch back to the normal small view?

Why? Why? & Why???

11. LD FAN

LD FAN Regular Member

Why only the big views are shown when replay is played. Cant they use those views for normal play shooting?