Racket Recommendation for me!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by noform7, Oct 10, 2006.

1. noform7

noform7 Regular Member

Student/ National Service
    Hi, I'm thinking of getting a new racquet soon and i'm contemplating on buying the ns9k type s racquet. Is it suitable? I have been playing badminton for almost 10 years already and basically an all-rounder. However, i feel that i'm better at net plays that smashes. What stiffness, grip size, weight, string tension and string should i get? Will the ns9k type s be fine?

Oh ya... My skill level is around intemediate. :eek:

Thanks!

2. Bigman

Bigman Regular Member

Student!
    What current racket are you you using?
    The best advice is to go and try some rackets and then make a choice.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree.

It's hard enough to come to a suggestion to a racket, never to metion details like string, tension, grip size, etc. You need to get ur hands on the racket, and figure out your own answer. ;)

4. morewood

morewood Regular Member

Go too a decent shop, try a dozen racquets and make your decision based on that.

5. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Hi, trying to be helpful here for my fellow Singaporean member! Looking at your post count - you must be new in this forum.

Usually if you ask such a general question here - you would not get the answers you want. You need to be very specific in your question - then you will likely to find very useful feedback and comment.

Some of the fellow BC members could be "naughty" at times when replying, but what they say usually hold water - no one else can tell you which racket is suitable for you except yourself!

By the way, if you have been playing for the last 10 years as you said, you ought to know all the answers to your own questions already! I mean if you are looking to go to the next level, you first need to know what you are using now, such as tensions and characteristic of your current racket(s) and ask yourself which area you are looking for upgrade.

There are other parts in this forum that has already quite a number of comment and reviews on NS9000S. Do a search and you will find a lot if information on this racket.

One good things about buying rackets in Singapore is you can go to many shopping malls and get your hand to feel the rackets, not only Yonex but many other brands too. This is a previlage that some other BC members donot enjoy.

Enjoy your badminton!

6. noform7

noform7 Regular Member

Racket Recommendation

Hmm... i'm using an extremely old racket named Masterpiece by SPEED. I got it from my coach. I'm not sure about the tension cause he strung it for me( i didnt know much about tension then since i was pretty young) However, i think its 21-22. My string is the yonex bg-66. It is a 3U/2G racket and i think its head-heavy?

Thanks for the reply people...
    If you need more information, just say it!:cool:

7. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

NS9000 S will be fine, it may not be the best racquet for u, but it will definitely do a decent job. But since you've been playing for 10 years and have a coach you should be pretty good, since your previous racquet is head heavy, why not AT700?

8. morewood

morewood Regular Member

A nano9000 would have similar properties to the racquet your currently using, I therefore see little point in changing, just get your existing racquet restrung.

9. noform7

noform7 Regular Member

hmm..Its because AT 700 is more for smashing than NS 9000 S. Since i'm better at net play than smashing. Wouldnt ns 9000 S be better?
    Oh ya, although i have been playing for 10 years, i didnt really think about the string tension and everything because it didnt matter my play.
    Also, i have to decide on a specific racket before trying it out since i dont want to try a lot of rackets.

Does anyone knows a place for trying rackets out in singapore?