Thanks for all for coming out...

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Kelvin, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Ok, so far all the demonstrations, and demo tours have been very successful. Most important it was really fun for the kids!!! Also the adults had tons of fun as well!!!
    For those of you in Calgary or near by, I sincerely hope you get out to Village Square Leisure Centre, if you aren't already a private club member.

I'd like to than Justin Mullaly, Jeremy Hilland, Lindy Vanriper, Sumeet Shinde, and special thanks to Darryl Yung (Prizm Sports President), for flying out from Vancouver. Also thanks to Keith Chan (yes a Yonex sponsored player) for coming out yesterday night to play with the little guys again.

I really appreciate all the support and free time you guys have donated, to helping me get the word out about badminton.
    We even got the basket ball guys playing!! same with some of the guys in the weight room! Excellent work!!!

Just one more major announcement, for this Friday the 20th of July.

Some junior national, and senior national team players will once again make their appearance at Village Square Leisure Centre.
    If you would like more info on meeting up with these fantastic players, and you live in or near the Calgary area, please feel free to come out, and enjoy the night of fun!!!
    armani_k@hotmail.com

I will also be heading out to different areas along my trip plans, including Cali.
    If you guys out in the US know of some badminton hot spots, and badminton not so hot spots; and would like me, along with some team players to come visit, again email me at the above address and let me know, I would greatly appreciate it.

All I have to say is it's getting very exciting, and soon we hope to approach the small television media networks, to air some badminton tournaments.
    I along with my sponsoring partner Prizm Sports are really trying hard to make this awesome sport of ours popular! we can't do it without your support.

So I encourage everyone out there, to at tell their friends that dont' play badminton to give it a try, even just once.... you'll soon find they'll pick it up, and be enjoying it along with the rest of your new friends that you make while playing.

Old or young, we all have a part in popularizing badminton.
    Ultimately it will be your hardwork along with the pro players hardwork for this sport gaining in further popularity.

Other than that... it's all I have to write for now.
    Thanks again to all for coming out, and your continued support.
    I look forward to meeting up with you new players, and faces out there, if you wish to come out to meet up with us.
    Thanks!!!
    -Kelvin

PS: Just to coin a new phrase, which I think Forza should use to sound off a warning shot against their competition Yonex... "YONEX, YONEXT!"
    Not sure if you guys got that or not... yonex, you're next. :lol:
    Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of both equipment :p

2. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    oh yeah... some sneaky info for anyone interested in Forza and Yonex.

Just a word of note... Prizm Sports, the company that imports Forza goods into Canada, is supposed to be the North American distributor for Forza.
    They are indeed a trademarked company.

I squeezed a little info out of the President... Apparently the website is going to relaunch in August, and it's supposed to be pretty cool. Personally I can't wait to see what they have, also Prizm is announcing Forza's entire new line for 2002 at that time as well.

Pretty exciting times ahead for the sport in general.

Oh btw Kwun... I'm in the process of nudging Darryl for some demo equipment for you. I'll get him into contact you to see if he's interested in lending you some goods.
    Then we can get some more un-biased opinions :)
    Mine aren't biased, they are my serious personal opinions; and no they don't pay me to plug them. :lol:

Some other news from Yonex... they will be introducing a new line in 2003; this came from one of my friends who frequents Tokyo, and Yonex HQ. Fairly reliable source.
    Just thought I'd stir up the rumor mill for you guys on some stuff I learned. hehehe :evil:

Oh... I'll also find out for sure if Forza brands are indeed manufactured in the same factories as HQ, and others... I'm thinking they are, but it wont really matter where they're made... I'm just wondering how they designed them! they're pretty awesome!!

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Re: oh yeah... some sneaky info for anyone interested in Forza and Yonex.

kelvin, what is the ~ time the national players will be showing up at VSLC?
    would they play plastic and feather shuttles?

new line or marketing campaign in 2003? would that mean dont bother buying yonex's 2002 models if yonex plan for some big innovative changes in 2003. Hopefully competition is pushing yonex into some real innovative changes.

4. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student

I live 2 mins away from the village sqaure leisure centre,Darryl and the guys play with feathered when they are playing,but when they are playing with the others that usaully play with nylon,they use nylon. Plus coming down will give you the chance to try out forza products.
    Darryl and all of them are really cool poelple so if you have any quetions you can go rite ahead and ask.
    Speacial thanks to kelvin and darryl,If it wasn't for kelvin I would have never heard of forza or this forum to chat in, and i would have never met darryl and all the players. :) so if your in the area come in and check it out.

5. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Kelvin, I e-mailed Hi-Qua's office in California some months back and they told me that the Hi-Qua factory makes Hi-Qua, Forza and Victor racquets, among others.

6. AF

AF Guest

I could of told you that....the company that makes OEM products is Postsky Ltd.

AF

7. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student

I think there most likely to show up at around 6:30 - 7:00 P.M. and leave at closing time which is 10:00

8. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student

EVERY BODY COME TODAY

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

i bet lots of people showed up vslc on friday, the hillhurst sunnyside club had a low turn out because of that.