User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default nano 9000x JP or UK

Hi all,
    I currently use Arm. 800 De's (3UG4). I am thinking about switching to nano 9000x (3U G4).
    Just want to know which version I should get- UK coded or JP coded. I;ver heard there's a difference in quality, but I'm not sure which codes they apply to.

cheers
    will

p.s I can get them both for same prices, so it is all down to quality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The quality is the same, no difference between them. I noticed DinkAlot posted about the quality of a paint job is a bit different between US and TH coded 9Ks here.

I would say get the JP version - comes with the soft cloth case and it has the extra label GUMMETAL on the frame of the where it saids Elastic Ti.

Just curious, what is the price of them you can obtain them for? - To be safe that you are getting a genuine racket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by will_0407
    Hi all,
    I currently use Arm. 800 De's (3UG4). I am thinking about switching to nano 9000x (3U G4).
    Just want to know which version I should get- UK coded or JP coded. I;ver heard there's a difference in quality, but I'm not sure which codes they apply to.

cheers
    will

p.s I can get them both for same prices, so it is all down to quality.
    Since there is no difference in quality, if you live in England I would get the UK coded one as Yonex do not provide an international guarantee; subsequently if you get the JP version and it breaks, you won't be able to send it to Yonex UK for replacement. If you get the UK coded one and it breaks you can send it to Yonex UK for replacement

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Jp ones would be from here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=016

the serials seem genuine. The UK coded rackets I could get from a yonex sponsored player in the UK ( I think- not sure if he can definately get some, but if he can, they would be for around the same price)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by will_0407
    The Jp ones would be from here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=016

the serials seem genuine. The UK coded rackets I could get from a yonex sponsored player in the UK ( I think- not sure if he can definately get some, but if he can, they would be for around the same price)
    The JP rackets in the auction is counterfeit upon observing the pictures.

The UK one from the sponsered player would be the best advise. Once again, check the rackets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with matt. just by looking at the date it was produced, it should be a fake. also, it should say "gunmetal" where as the pic shows elastic ti. i think you're better off buying a UK coded one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, thaks alot for the advice..I "conveniently" broke one of my 800's tonight! But I'm torn between saving some money (I'm a student) and just buying another 800 DE (can get them for 75 from online retailers so will be genuine), getting 3 9000's (not a definate option though) or getting some 7000's.

I'm a fairly defensively based player, so I think the lighter heads of the 9k and 7k would benefit me, as I sometimes feel the 800 is dragging slightly (don't get me wrong, its still damn quick!). However, my smash is v.weak, so the extra weight in the head helps to add a little extra to it.

Any words of advice.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if u've been always using 800s and is comfortable with it then maybe you should stick with them. The only way to know what to get is to actually try the racquets. If you are unable to try it then maybe its a better idea to stay with the 800s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I seem to be swaying towards that idea as well. While the idea of new rackets is nice, I think I'd be getting them more for the sake of getting a new racket, rather than getting a racket that would improve my game enough for it to be justified. Plus, saving over 100 isn't a bad move either