Stringing TEAR DROP style racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by redrunner, Oct 13, 2006.

1. redrunner

redrunner Regular Member

G'day,
    I have been given a tear drop style racquet to re-string for a friend, a Karakal xtc KB-838 does anyone know the correct string tension and stringing pattern for this racquet or any similar Tear drop style racquets from other manufacturers, dont see too many of this style around but it would be handy to know the correct technique.
    Thanks
    Daniel

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Tension is more like ur friend's own preference issue, as long as reasonable. String pattern could be different from manufacture to manufacture, and from model to model, even if they are all "tear drop" shape.

Maybe try to log on the manufacture site see if you can find any information, or at least, contact them for information? :rolleyes:

3. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

Redrunner:

What do you mean by a teardrop shape? Oval?

As far as pattern is concerned, I think the # of holes is more a determining factor. If the racquet's got 72 holes as "normal," then you can string it the same as you would any other racquet (i.e., isometric-shaped).

Tension range is of a different matter. If your customer doesn't tell you and you can't find any info anywhere else---I can't for this model---then, string it at a workable low setting. Not necessarily the lowest setting your machine can do, but a reasonable one. For instance, I'd string it at M/C 20/22 lbs. I think all modern-day racquets can handle that.

FWIW, HTH.

4. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

I guess teardrop is like the Prince frames with the Y joint instead of a T joint.

If you cannot find a pattern, look at where the current strings go.