badmintonsite.com vs badminton.tv

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by thegenius, Oct 14, 2006.

1. thegenius

thegenius Regular Member

Anyone been following the new badminton video websites?

An interesting and very welcome innovation in the badminton world. I wish there were more badminton personalities in the media but maybe online is the way to go.

I don't understand why badminton.tv charges while badmintonsite.com does not. Actually I imagine it must be very expensive to go to these events just to get interviews.

But the thing I like about badmintonsite is the Danish commentator jonas Lyduch. He is just ridiculing every player even the Danish.

It's pretty funny.

Well, hope they both stay around. Any other good video sites out there?

thegenius

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Bobby, do BPF get paid? maybe that's why you can fund the website? ;)

3. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Because badminton.tv provides good coaching videos.

To be honest, I think all the non-coaching stuff on badminton.tv is fluff. But the coaching videos are worth some money.

4. Badders

Badders Regular Member

Badminton is very lucky as there are many resources on the internet free of charge. It is very difficult to find free resources in other sports especially those that are more media friendly.

The problem is that providing things fee is often not sustainable…it cannot go on forever. How many badminton sites that were around 4 years ago still exist? Not many. This is because once the passion goes out of running the site the individuals who started it go onto to something else.

Badminton.tv charge a small fee to cover the costs of the site. The coaching clips use professional coaches with professional players, clips are edited professionally with the site also managed by a professional company. The site is still only a month or so old but there will be lots more functionality added in due course - need to focus on one thing at a time though.

BadmintonSite.com is great; it's fun and interesting. Hopefully it will continue even when Jonas and Bobby are not part of the tour.

Jonathan Phillips
    www.badminton.tv