User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart

#2 is a nice girl. She had a no name brand racquet last year and she did not show up for 2 half of the season last year (it was a ok racquet for beginner). I will ask her what promped her to change her old racquet. Only thing is I know she is very shy and she might not return to our club again if I point it out to her.
    PS. Now I am married for seven years, you know there is a itch I can not scratch? :-)
    If she's shy, maybe means she does not have buddies around in club? The reason she wants to switch to a "better" racket, might because she wants to improve and get better? Try to help her out, and make her feel more comfortable. A little bit friendly chitchat, some good drills and tips can help her game.

Plus, never mention the last note.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    If she's shy, maybe means she does not have buddies around in club? The reason she wants to switch to a "better" racket, might because she wants to improve and get better? Try to help her out, and make her feel more comfortable. A little bit friendly chitchat, some good drills and tips can help her game.

Plus, never mention the last note.
    What? I am married or my athlete foot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they like head heavy rackets, why can't they just get a real head heavy racket from a reputable company to start with. I am not saying it has to be Yonex top end most expensive models. There are many head heavy rackets from each manufacture, and offer competitive prices. Therefore, why it has to be a fake?
    No, phsysically weak players hate head heavy and/or heavy rackets. In this particular instance, they loved light and head-light rackets. But accident of fate gave them head-heavy rackets that allowed them to perform much better than they would have if they had what they really wanted.

I have no idea why one of the girls got the fake racket. I imagine she wanted a good brand at a bargain price. The other girl wanted an NS8k cos she saw the first doing rather well with one. Having also unintentally bought a head heavy fake, the second girl started doing rather well in the power also.

I question the belief that fakes are necessarily worst quality for the intended purpose. In the case NS8K, and legality aside, I have no trouble recommending a fake for anyone who want to buy this particular model for power, because the genuine article simply cannot deliver what Yonex promised for a significant number of potential buyers.

I have strung a few fake rackets, apart from the wonkey paint job, and the general cheap feel to them, I have not observed their durability, measured by the rate of breakage, being worst than the non-fakes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDoo6
    No, phsysically weak players hate head heavy and/or heavy rackets. In this particular instance, they loved light and head-light rackets. But accident of fate gave them head-heavy rackets that allowed them to perform much better than they would have if they had what they really wanted.

I have no idea why one of the girls got the fake racket. I imagine she wanted a good brand at a bargain price. The other girl wanted an NS8k cos she saw the first doing rather well with one. Having also unintentally bought a head heavy fake, the second girl started doing rather well in the power also.

I question the belief that fakes are necessarily worst quality for the intended purpose. In the case NS8K, and legality aside, I have no trouble recommending a fake for anyone who want to buy this particular model for power, because the genuine article simply cannot deliver what Yonex promised for a significant number of potential buyers.

I have strung a few fake rackets, apart from the wonkey paint job, and the general cheap feel to them, I have not observed their durability, measured by the rate of breakage, being worst than the non-fakes.
    I was not referring to a price vs. performance comparision between fake vs. real or any other particular brand. The bottom line is, it's against the law, and no one should encourage or promote such behavior. Maybe your intention is not, but from what you said, it's somewhat like a promotion for fake.

Even if we talk about price vs. performance, the major problem for many fakes (besides the really dirty cheap ones) is lack of consistency. It's almost impossible to pick up 2 fakes which offers same characteristics. Why? Because the manufacture get whatever they get on the hand, and paint the same. Therefore, u can get an ISO MP99, or an OVal MP99, or a all metal MP99, etc. All such and such greatly eliminate the player's selectability and playability.

Of course, equipment selection is very much down to own preference. However, my point is, why can't some one get a real racket (regardless the brand), while NOT promote the fake business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was not referring to a price vs. performance comparision between fake vs. real or any other particular brand. The bottom line is, it's against the law, and no one should encourage or promote such behavior. Maybe your intention is not, but from what you said, it's somewhat like a promotion for fake.

Even if we talk about price vs. performance, the major problem for many fakes (besides the really dirty cheap ones) is lack of consistency. It's almost impossible to pick up 2 fakes which offers same characteristics. Why? Because the manufacture get whatever they get on the hand, and paint the same. Therefore, u can get an ISO MP99, or an OVal MP99, or a all metal MP99, etc. All such and such greatly eliminate the player's selectability and playability.

Of course, equipment selection is very much down to own preference. However, my point is, why can't some one get a real racket (regardless the brand), while NOT promote the fake business.
    I don't believe US law is universal. Certainly I don't know of anyone in London who's got sent to jail for buying a fake racket. In fact, one of the worst facilitator of fakes trading is american owned. How I wished they would get shut down by your legal system.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I forgot to mention the fake one for #1 is a fake MP30. I could not believe when I first saw it.

Hi CoolDoo6, I have to defend American here. Yes, it is not illegal to buy conterfeit racquet. In fact, it is not illegal to recieve the conterfeit currency also. But it is illegal when you knowingly pass the funny money to the other people. Yes, it is illegal to sell fake goods in US. It is also illegal to sell conterfeit item in UK also. Just because it is very difficult to enforce the law on the mom and pop shop, it dose not make it legal. This is just an extreme example. If I murder a person in cold blood and I escape to Iran where I am out of reach of US law. Did I break the US law? Yes! If I did the same thing in UK did I beark the UK law? Yes! I would like to argue that many of the fake good manufacturers are in China and just because those bad people take advantage of us (badminton fans here in US and around the world) and they can get away with stealing our money, that does not make it right. If you know any US company make or sell conterfeit good or knowingly sell conterfeit goods, please let me know. I will personally report it to the state auth. to help shot it down.

I also agree with you and many menbers here that YY might not make the racquet that match with a player. In Fact, they just make a lot of different knod of racquet and hope one fits you or me. If you can not find one, try a Wilson or a clone. They make good racquet too.

I started this post to get some advice on how to tell other members on their misfortune and not to hurt their feeling. If you wish to argue the merit of using fake goods and (il)legal system, please start another post.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just say his and her racket is genuine so that they can play with smile. dont just broke somebody heart. its hurt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aw its a cute looking girl? Thats so hard to break it to her. But tell her with kindness and when shes sitting down and is very calm. Slowly break it to her and and be sympathetic. =[

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KazeCloud View Post
    Aw its a cute looking girl? Thats so hard to break it to her. But tell her with kindness and when shes sitting down and is very calm. Slowly break it to her and and be sympathetic. =[
    She is 17 going on 18. About 5'7" not bad looking. Anyway, I asked her uncle to let her know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nicexerin View Post
    just say his and her racket is genuine so that they can play with smile. dont just broke somebody heart. its hurt
    Aw. So sad. Did you just find out that you had a fake?

The real question is which situation would you prefer:
    (a) be a fool once and learn stuff and become smart or
    (b) be a fool for a long time and learn much later

What do you think will hurt more? I guess bad news messengers always get killed. *shrugs*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluke View Post
    Aw. So sad. Did you just find out that you had a fake?
    nope. i dont buy fake one. i buy my racket at authorized seller. this kind of situation remind me someone in my collage cry when somebody tell his racket are fake. so i dont want anybody else cry when been told theirs are faked.
    Last edited by nicexerin; 12-23-2007 at 01:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    Here is a question. A new member of our club asked me to restring a MP30. Once I hold it in my hand, I know it is a fake. It was a such bad fake that it is not even funny. I say it is prob a racquet worth no more than $10 USD (new younex string cost me almost as much as the racquet. Also, there is another member (beginner) who use a fake NS8k and I can tell bcause her NS8k paint looks totally different from 2 courts away(by the way, she is cute too).

How should I tell the #1 so I don't sound like I am selling him a racquet. How should I approch the #2 so I don't hurt her feeling...

Any suggerstion is welcome.
    I guess all u have to do is ask them how much did they paid for it?WHo knows whether they have been fooled,or indeed,planned to buy one?Lots of ppl still plan to buy a fake one,since it's cheap..esp beginners.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2