I defend Taufik, people misunderstood TH

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by indra, Oct 15, 2006.

1. indra

indra Regular Member

Taufik lost in the JO is a fact....it is true and convincing that LD played better than TH this time....No doubt. My sincere congratulations on LD's great performance in the JO.

However, TH's recent performance has improved a lot since he came back after his very serious back injury, which prevented him from playing and practicing.

To me TH is already on the right track. He is back. But yes...it takes more time for TH to regain his good stamina....That's OK for me....

I am happy with his performance....

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Th can stand on his own. Not nessesary have to defend him.

3. KaSoon

KaSoon New Member

Consultancy Manager
    林丹战胜陶菲克不再是什么新闻,令人大跌眼镜的是,决胜局陶菲克只拿到了可怜的3分,这在两个超一流高手的 对决中可并不多见。还有更令人叫绝的,在大比分落后眼看回天无术的情况下,陶菲克竟然破罐子破摔,选择了故 意回球下网这样一种自杀的方式来结束这场梦魇般的比赛。

众所周知,陶菲克是一个天生的叛逆种子,他曾因言语不甚而与印尼羽协闹得不可开交,因话不投机和球迷大打出 手,生活作风也不怎么检点,身边的女友是“旧的不去新的不来”,但这些都不足以抹煞他是一名伟大的羽毛球运 动员,因为性格缺陷和个人问题与职业道德无关。

性格是天生的,竞技赛场上也从来不缺乏叛逆的天才,陶菲克有选择为人处世方式的权利,我们无权妄加评论。但 作为一个职业运动员,不论你名气大小实力优劣,要有最起码的职业素养,因为你不仅是为自己打球,还要对得起 自己的球队、国家和所有的观众。在这一方面,陶菲克着实不敢令人恭维。这一次的自杀求败已经不是什么新鲜事 ,陶菲克早有职业道德败坏的前科。

从2004年11月的新加坡公开赛开始,陶菲克就开始了孜孜不倦的“弃赛”、“罢赛”历程,理由也是堂而皇 之,或为“身体不适”,或为“对裁判不满”。但稍微有点头脑的球迷都能看得出,他这是在逃避失败,欺骗观众 。他的这些个龌龊事,矛头无一例外的对准了林丹。究其原因很简单,陶菲克心里很明白,当时的情况下十之八九 会输给林丹,在世锦赛上羞辱林丹的心理优势就会消失殆尽。与其这样,莫不如主动放弃,丢掉了人格,保全了虚 名。

用《疯狂的石头》中黑皮的一句台词来说:陶菲克,你这纯属道德问题,我都不隙说你。陶菲克屡屡触犯竞技体育 的天条,不但严重地侮辱了观众的尊严,也低估了观众的智商。而反观林丹,在雅典奥运会上,在05年的世锦赛 上,也曾面临被对手剃光头的窘境,但他何曾想过用这种小伎俩来全身而退。不比不知道,一比吓一跳,如果说两 人的球技还不分上下的话,职业道德方面则有天壤之别,林丹天堂,陶菲克地狱。

所以我要说,陶菲克根本就不配做林丹的对手,不是因为球技,而是缘于道德。也千万不要再炒作什么“林陶大战 ”,这是对林丹的一种侮辱。

I got the above comment from a webiste. I could appreciated anyone can translate it in English.

4. Nephrus

Nephrus Regular Member

Lin Dan's victory over Taufik is nothing big, what made people drop their glasses is in the last set taufik only had a pitiful 3 points. In a match between these 2 top ended players this kind of situation is rarely seen. Even more shocking is during the end of the last set when all hope seemed lost Taufik chooses to commit suicide shots to end this nightmare match.

As everyone knows, taufik is a born rebel. He once refused to cooperate with PBSI due to minor verbal problems, attacked a fan because he didn't like what was said, social life is not very reputable, his girlfriends are described as "out with the old and in with the new" but even these do not take away his glory as a great badminton player because personality and personal issues do not conflict with sports ethics.

Character is born with. In a competition, the prodigy never drops his rebel character. Taufik has a choice in how to deal with people and we do not have the right to critize. However, as a professional athelete, no matter your fame and skill, at least have some sportsmenship, because you are not only playing for yourself but also for your team country and audience. In this area, Taufik is a failed example, This suicide shot is not something new, he has had a history of bad sportsmenship.

In 2004 november, Singapore Open, Taufik started his routined forfieting display with very bland reason, "didn't feel well" or "issues with umpire". Fan with the slightest intelligence are able to see that this is Taufik's method of escaping defeat, and cheating the audience. This forfieting has been used repeatedly when Taufik is playing against Lin Dan, because deep down inside Taufik know that he would lose to Lin and it would have been better to throw his integrity, instead of his fame.

The last paragraph is just another blurp about how good Lin Dan's character is even when he knows he will lose, (examples given were Athens olmpics and 05 world championship). The rest were just reiterations of what was stated before about the attitdue and how taufik is cheating the audience blah blah blah which i didn't find relevent to repeat for the 3rd time.

5. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Maybe poor sportsmanship is a bit strong.

On watching again it was obvious that in the final set Taufik

did not have a clue what to do, no ideas and no stamina, so like a boxer being pummeled he threw in the towel.

It is a case of two players at their peak and one realising they had to abdicate.

LD is still short on skills and can only improve.Is TD improving or being complacent?

I think he is still skillful and nice to watch but cant win under pressure like Gade or Chen Hong because of being over the hill.

6. woodenRacket

woodenRacket Regular Member

There is no misunderstanding.

TH is a genius, a former champion, a rebel, and now going down.
    I do hope he will come back.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    a simple question:
    how many more titles does LD has to win before he is considered a skilled player:confused: :confused:

8. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

No doubt LD is a great no.1.

But he relies too much on stamina,consistency and a big smash etc.

Like someone said, more important as he ages to develop more killer strokes and placement like say Hendrawan.

Better eg. in Fu & Cai when compared with Tony and Chandra.

I'm sure nss requires more all round game as older players can still compete.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    where in the rule book that LD has to beat his opponents using his opponents style? I thot a smart player suppose to use his strength and exploit opponent's weakness. I thot stamina, consistency and power are hallmarks of a talented player.

#9 cooler, Oct 15, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  10. -wei-

-wei- Regular Member

Umm... he won, what does it matter what he relies on?
    Nobody cares even if he starts to play with his right hand as long as he gets the job done.
    The only thing he was lacking today was an opponent.

11. ViningWolff

ViningWolff Regular Member

Process Engineer
    As with YY, Zhao, Swie king and Frost of the previous generations, Lin Dan is the best player of this generation. The number of finals and wins puts him on par with the all time great players and he's got a number of years ahead of him barring injuries.

By what I'm reading Taufik was spent after losing the second game. The mental fatigue played huge into physical fatigue.

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Bad sportsmanships is getting ridiculous...and it has to end..

...sigh, i know BWF can't do anything much("punish" Taufik), but I really hope BWF can somehow "jump" into this issue..

Watching the last set of the MS Final was really2 unfair, esp. to the audience. It's almost as if it was a repeat of the HKO, but in a different, "soft" way.

The way i looked at it, I don't really care who did what, it can be anyone??..But one has to put oneself in his/her opponent's shoes, esp. one for Taufik..
    I just wonder, what will happen or what will go thru the mind, if it was the reverse role that happened yesterday:
    -What if it was LinDan who just forfeited the 3rd set to Taufik??..
    -How would Taufik feel abt it, if that were to happen??..
    -How would the fans watching and us BC/BFers feel??(forget abt saying LD has bad sportsmanship etc.2)..:confused: :rolleyes: :p

I guess those are question(s) for those Taufik's sympathizers/fans might think abt...And in a way, in the future, it's better for Taufik(or any other players) to just keep quiet and keep to him/themselves..:rolleyes: :p ;)

#12 ctjcad, Oct 15, 2006
  13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..yah, i concur...And esp. after all those "talks"(non-chalantly or not) by Taufik..:rolleyes: :p :(

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..what i meant by "but in a different way, 'soft' way" is, rather than losing or walking off in the 1st set, he did it in a 3rd set..;) :)

15. deca2000

deca2000 Regular Member

Well, only after he walks away after a so-called bad call, after he throws away games on purpose, will he become a skilled player I guess. You know what, that is actually very hard to do. And normal players just cannot do it. That is why Taufik is always so great.

#15 deca2000, Oct 15, 2006
  16. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    :D:D That's the funniest thing I've heard.

I have lots of respect for Taufik, simply because he showed me that what he can do intentionally in the 3rd set... I can do better and to top him... I do it un-intentionally all the time!!!:p

so now, I only have to walk away of one match, and I will be as great a badminton player as Taufik is!!!:p

17. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

cool, i'll try that too, surely that will improve my skill by 100000%!

18. woodenRacket

woodenRacket Regular Member

Excellent point, man :D :D :D

19. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    After the World Championship and just before the JO, LD revealed in a CCTV live interview that TH had written to him requesting a re-match, which LD sportingly accepted.
    If only TH had gone down fighting instead of seeking the "cowardly" way out, he could at least walk away tall instead of "insulting" LD with the way he so blatantly threw the 3rd game away. I think we, as the paying public, should consider bringing a class action suit against TH for short-changing us! :D

20. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    What about the people who didn't pay, but watch the game anyways??? The 3rd game takes up like 25 megs of memory, and people don't mind a cheque as small as even $25 US.:p

We might as well sue Lin Dan, too... for some people pay and hope to see some muscles after the victory.

#20 bananaboy, Oct 15, 2006