High or Low Tension to Use on Head-Heavy Racquet?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by smashdropclear, Oct 15, 2006.

1. smashdropclear

smashdropclear New Member

Hi everyone.

I just got a new head-heavy racquet yesterday. Was wondering whether to use a higher or lower tension for it... compared to the tension I was playing with on my balanced maybe a bit head-heavy Armortec 800 DE.

I used 25 pounds on my DE... should I use higher or lower tension on my more head-heavy racquet?

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Personally, as a safe start, I will go with the same string and same tension. There's already a factor in the loop (racket) being changed, you don't want to change everything else to further complicate the "evaluation". One step a time, and if u really feel uncomfortable, adjust to other string/tension combo later on, based on ur own feedback. ;)

3. morewood

morewood Regular Member

Yep string it too 25 pounds with the same string, changing the balance point then is all you have done and it should be easier to continue your game.

In theory with the higher head weight the forces acting on the string bed should be marginally higher when your hitting hard so you could string a little tighter, but then you loose the extra power that it gives you.