Yonex Rackets from China

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by zasboy, Oct 15, 2006.

1. zasboy

zasboy Regular Member

Hi,

I couldn't find much information regarding about this topic but does the Yonex rackets in China have the CH symbol on the shaft? My friend recently came back from a visit from China and I asked him if he could get me a Yonex AT800-OF racket when he was there. So when I received it, I was pretty happy but that happiness went to shatters when my other friend said it was fake because it had the CH symbol on the racket. I was like :eek: :confused::crying: (in those order). So I did some research and everything checked out. The grommets looks correct, the paint scheme looks correct, the serial number, I don't know but looks correct I think. So I ask the help of this community to verify the authenticity of racket:

Yonex AT800-OF
    Serial: 6271675 / 030765CH
    3U, 4G
    Strung with BG68-Ti @ 24lbs
    Came with a nice padded cover
    Bought from a store in China

The Serial
    [​IMG]

The Grommets(compare to this: grommet check
    [​IMG]

Paint Scheme
    [​IMG]

End Cap
    [​IMG]

If you need more pictures, click here

-Thanks for the help

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it look real, ur fren is wrong, CH suppose to be there.

3. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    yea it looks real. =)

4. eggroll

eggroll Regular Member

sales
    The old country code was CN or CP for raquets form China. This was before there was a Yonex distributor in China and the only raquets given to China were for National team members. The coding to was to keep some control of where raquets were sold and to keep warranty control as well. Your raquet appears to be authentic and hope you enjoy the 800!

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The "CH" is a perfectly legal distribution code for Yonex, just as JP, US, SP, and many other more. With CH on, it does NOT gurantee whether it's real or fake, and same for any other distribution code.

I know there's a lot of fake sellers from Asia, therefore, the best way to prevent is to purchase from reputable authorized dealers. ;)

6. Zerius

Zerius Regular Member

I can assure you that china does have CH on the shaft as it is distributed in China, the pictures prove that its 100% real.

7. tomblos007

tomblos007 Regular Member

the question is the serial number engraved or just painting ? if engraved it should be real

how much you pay for it? if less than US $ 100 then it should be fake .

8. zasboy

zasboy Regular Member

The serial is engraved. I can feel it. I bought it for $120 which I think is a good deal and plays nice too :)

Do you know when they started putting these distribution codes on the shaft? I vaguely remember not seeing a SP on my friend's AT800-DE. It had the PBSI sticker and on the cone, it had SP distribution code. Also, his racket was built in 2004(don't have exact date).

9. Zerius

Zerius Regular Member

Its Real. End Of Story

10. zasboy

zasboy Regular Member

Thanks for the reassurance that is it real. I knew my racket was real given all the research I done. I was just paranoid and wanted to have it verify by some people. The previous question(#8) I stated was something not to confirm whether my racket was real or not, it was something I just wanted to know. It could be useful information or it could not. I'm just curious that is all.

11. Zerius

Zerius Regular Member

Racquets distributed by sunshine will have the SP on the shaft, others are not required to have that. All racquets by sunshine have SP and are usually HK or IP codes.

12. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I never bought a ch coded Yonex racquet. Just want your opinion on this. When I click on Zasboy's link, there are 2 pictures with "ch" on the lower shaft. Are they suppose to be there or higher up like the "sp" from Sunrise?

PS: Everything else looks fine. Make sure you use Macro function on your camera.

13. The5thClub

The5thClub Regular Member

It looks real. I want one and my friend is going to China. May I ask from where your friend bought it (City, Store)?