tony chooses badminton

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by nugroho, Oct 16, 2006.

1. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

good luck indonesia, since tony gunawan said he will focus on badminton in couple of years foward.

it was the statement given by tony gunawan after winning final in JO 06. He said, he will talk to his boss about that, but if he ned to choose, he will choose badminton. I hope it will be tony whom go back to indoneisa and rejoining PBSI. PBSI has try to contact him and ask him to go back to indonesia and give him some extra fasilities.

when it's come to happenend next year... indonesia can work a wonder on MD and try to get back thomas cup and might be sudirman cup aswell.

soo....
    i hope it can be done as soon as possible....
    huraaa!!!!

2. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

Is it true that he is coming back to Indonesia? Great news indeed

3. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

source from www.internationalbadminton.org
    it was not confirm wether he will g back to indo or chandra will go to US but tony decided to play badminton for couples more years

4. Mr. HafizDK

Mr. HafizDK Regular Member

Well, Tony is actually playing in Denmark...
    He is a part of the best team in Denmark, in this Badminton League. As you know, Roslin is also playing in this league with Lee thuen Seng and the best europeans, but it was a big surprise, that Tony came to Denmark...

5. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

really?
    how do you know that?

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

7. Bobatea

Bobatea Regular Member

I wonder what Tony and Candra will do? I believe Tony is still planning on living in the States and that Candra is probably still planning on living in Indonesia, but they do need to practice together from time to time. I believe Candra said that they don't really need to practice together since they know each other so well, but they need to keep up their physical stamina. They'll probably continue with Tony representing the US and Candra representing Indonesia. Regardless, next year will be amazing in the Men's Doubles event because of the "return" of the legendary pair, and them ending up practicing together will only make the ultimate pair even stronger:cool: . They've already won the Indonesia, Korea, and Japan Open without pracitice. I feel sorry for all the other pairs now :eek: .

8. Mr. HafizDK

Well, I'm from Denmark... And they show the league every round - last time with Tony playing with someone called Rasmus Mangor against Paaske/Mathias Boe - and he lost.

Sorry for the off topic!

9. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    Maybe Tony has set a new trend the other countries will follow. Mix and match players from other countries.
    Maybe Rasmussen/Bach is a winning combination????
    or Sudket/Lee (Thai/Korean) pair can win?????

10. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    omg, they won it without pracitce??

11. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    Is Lee Tsuen Seng also playing in danish league??

12. Mr. HafizDK

Yep, he is playing for the same club as Jonassen, M. Boe and Paaske - and Donna Kellog...
    Zhang Wei played here for some years ago, and the other Hidayat is playing here also. There are some chinese girls also, but they are not that famous like Robertson/Emms, Hallam and all the danes.

13. Bobatea

Bobatea Regular Member

Yeah, Tony and Candra really didn't practice at all (if there was any) before each tournament. Amazing isn't it :D ? They consider each other brothers so I guess it's understandable :rolleyes: .

14. Georgina

Georgina Regular Member

Student
    SUDKET!!
    :D
    Although Tony and Chandra are representing different countries but they used to be under the same team!On top of that,they do not have any communication problems because they speak the same language and they know each other well.
    Imagine Lee n Sudket....
    :confused:

15. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

So Tony finally realized that the level of MD is indeed lower now... :D Will Rexy consider playing again? He can pair up with CCM and create some major upset to current top MDs, and help KKK/TBH is major events getting rid of some opponents. :D

16. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    tony will be back to indonesia soon :)

17. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Is a double combination representing two different countries eligible for World Championships??????

18. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

no, if candra and gunawan wasn't eligible to participate in WC2006, as either for USA nor INA, why would a mix be allowed?

19. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Yes, a mixed nationality doubles pair is allowed in the WC, but it would count as half for each country's participation. Thus, if Indonesia has 3 spots and Tony/Chandra are allowed to participate, then Indonesia can only field two more pairs (making up a total 2.5 spots).

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

ah, if that's so, then i can see a light at the end of the tunnel for Tony/Candra to compete in the WC next yr..Perhaps this yr they didn't qualify because they didn't have enough IBF/BWF points??..I mean if Dean Schoppe and Matt Fogerty(from the U.S.) can compete in the WC this yr, then, why can Tony/Candra??..:confused: :rolleyes: :p ;) :D :cool:
    Another interesting thing is, since Candra is no longer in Pelatnas, is he still able to play and represent INA for the WC?? I thought the player must be somewhat part of the national team?? Can anyone explain this process or qualification??:)

Anyways, PBSI shouldn't a problem having 2.5 pairs ready for next yr's WC(the others should be Markis/Hendra and most like Alven/Luluk again, or maybe another pair)..:confused:

#20 ctjcad, Oct 18, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2006