BG88Ti - 2nd attempt

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Ricky, Jul 21, 2001.

1. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Last night I've tried BG88Ti again on a 2U Ti-10 - the racquet is belong to my coach and it was strung at 26 lbs (but had been played for over 10 times). Its performance is great - same as before, excellent control, but at the same time, having very good power as well.

I'll definitely try it again next time with my own favorite racquet.

2. Ah Ching

Ah Ching Guest

But probably not as powerful as BG75Ti? I'm still deciding whether to go for BG85 or BG88Ti.

3. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    You may be right, but BG75Ti is not an all-rounded string. However, I think the power generated from Ti-10 2U + BG88Ti is enough, quite explosive indeed. Fyi, after many hours of play, BG88Ti seems to have better control than Mizuno Ti-68. When I say better control, I mean it gives you better feel and you can control the shuttle more precisely.

If you go for BG85 and string it to tension above 24 lbs, I believe it will be broken in ~50 hours of play, then you can try BG88Ti. :)

Let repeat my advice (same as many other ppl) again - if you haven't used BG85 before, you must try it first. Otherwise, you just don't know how other strings compare with this "classic".

4. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    BG-85

Yes, I've to agree with Ricky. Of the numerous strings I've ever tried, the BG-85 still ranks high and above the rest in terms of overall feel, power and control. The one big and only grouse is the durability.

Try it and you'll probably like.

We don't get BG-88Ti in Singapore at least just yet. So how does it compare with the BG-85 ? Does it feel 'harder' / 'bouncier' or does it have the same 'soft' feel coupled with excellent explosive power ?? As well as good precise control to boot ? How about durability ?

Thanks for the feedback.

5. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Re: BG-85

I've only used BG88Ti for less than 5 to 6 hours so far. Unlike other Yonex Ti strings, I didn't find BG88Ti any harder or bouncier at all. Instead, the 'feel' is excellent, i.e. it seems that I can control the shuttle more precisely with less unexpected outcome.

In terms of power, it is good but seems to a bit weaker than BG85. Anyway, I plan to string it at 26 lbs on my Ti-10 this week, and will share the results soon.

6. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Re: BG-85

Hmm ... awaiting your review of it :)