Bending Rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Byro-Nenium, Jul 21, 2001.

1. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I look at 2 of my rackets, my Cab 21 Special and Slim-10 which both have been used quite alot including plenty of aggressive smashing.

It seems like the racket is bending over towards 1 side, because i always use the rackets with the same side on the forehand and backhand all the time. Like the PBSI logo always at the top.

The racket seems to bend over towards the forhand side, is this really happening or is it psychological??

thanx for all replies

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

I think it is purely Psychological ! Give it to some guy and ask him to see whether there arer any problems and i am very sure he would say that the racket is in Superb shape.

And hey welcome back! It has been a long time since u wrote in this forum!

3. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Thanx, i was in Thailand. And hey, in about 3 days i'm gonna dissapear again, i'm off to Malaysia to visit relatives for another week....... hehe

4. mustafa

mustafa Guest

Very easy to check.
    Place your racket on a flat table with handle off the table top.
    Check both sides and you can see if your racket is indeed bent.

5. Vic

Vic Guest

It does happen

My CAB20 has been through 8 years of abuse. I also use only one side of the racquet and it is slightly wrapped because forehands are hit more often and harder.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    byro, i can assure you that they are bent, and u r not seeing things.
    It also say that u r getting your money worth from your rackets. Most players dont see that because they dont smash hard enough or/and they broke their rackets before its natural life.

7. Budi

Budi Guest

it doesn't surprise me if the raquets are bent, considering the fact how much power Byro put on his smashes.