yonex carbonex series comparism

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by zeroexz, Oct 20, 2006.

1. zeroexz

zeroexz Regular Member

Hi everyone,

Im a newbie here

I would like to know did anyone owned these particular models?
    -carb 20 tour special
    -carb 20 special
    -carb 21 special
    -carb 21 sp

from the search i hv made throught out the forums, carb 21 seems to hv the best reputation among all the listed racquets. however i would like to have more information or comparism on the other racquet....if possible i would also like to have the quotation price in KL malaysia.

btw....i m oni a newbie player who still learning how to shape my own game :)

2. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    if you are a beginner dont start with carbonex, it has small sweet spot so it will give you a hard time learning.
    try a isometric racket first, once you get the hang of it switch to carbonex by all means they are powerful.

3. zeroexz

zeroexz Regular Member

actually i have one iso racquet already...ti-2
    but i somehow cant find my touch in using tat racquet...untill the other day i used my friend's abandoned cab 20 ori...i like the touch of the racquet, the racquet suprisingly works really good(obviously, i m saying the racquet is good, not me this player:D)....tats y i decided to search 4 1 too:)

4. blinan8088

blinan8088 Regular Member

IT Programmer
    So far, from you list I have only used Cab 21. Since you like Cab 20, I wonder why it is not in your list :) I recommend Cab 20 since I think it is the best all-round racket in Carbonex series.

I have been looking for Cab 20 Tour with no luck. I read some reviews which say that it is a very good attacking racket. I have never tried it myself, so I cannot give you my opinion about this racket. :)

2U Cab 21 is good for smasher, but if I am not in a good condition, this racket is a nightmare. 3U Cab 21 is a very good all-round racket, it is good in defense too. What I like from Cab 21 is the slim shaft and the gold color bottom cap. :)

5. zeroexz

zeroexz Regular Member

erm...coz someone told me that i cant get new cab 20 from the market...tats y i give up on it n try looking into other similar alternatives...

so far wut i can find in my local store are wut i listed above:)

hmm...ic...the slim shaft seems to hv good reputation:)...anyway....thkz alot for ur reviews...

6. blueagle

blueagle Regular Member

i have two cab 20 specials, 2U-G4. i always wanted to get a cab 20 SP but couldn't find one so i ended up buying the cab 20 special. i like it very much. very good control and feel on all types of shots without compromising power on smashes. the only drawback though is that it feels heavy and is slow on defense especially when playing a fast paced mens doubles game. takes a little getting used to.

7. tomblos007

tomblos007 Regular Member

you can buy cab 20 sp or cab 21 sp they are still produce by yonex i think you can find it easily in the market, they are similar with both classic cab 20 n cab21, i bought new cab 21 sp last month and the price is cheaper than cab 20sp

8. blinan8088

IT Programmer
    Yes, Yonex still reproduce Cab20. The newest Cab20 is mainly in black color (almost similar to the new Cab 21), I am not sure whether Yonex have already made another new model. The new model can be found easily here in Indonesia.

In my opinion, the new Cab 20 is a little bit stiffer than Cab 20 original, or perhaps because it is still new. :D

Surprisingly the price of a Cab 20 is more expensive than Cab 21 even though the material used in Cab 21 (HMG) is considered more expensive.

9. Choyonn

Choyonn Regular Member

I own a Carbonex 21SP, 3U 4G model, strung with BG66 at 28lbs. If you have the skills and powerful wrist, then this racquet will perform superb... otherwise... you will always miss the shuttle. Although this is an old racquet... but the control is extremely well... better than many new models.

Conclusions, this racquet is for professional, I'm just using it for training and it's my collection as it looks pretty handsome.

10. zeroexz

zeroexz Regular Member

blueagle:
    hi there
    did u use carb 21 sp or 21 special b4? if got, can you tell me the differences of the racquets?

tomblos007:
    really....well....i will consider that...but if the price of carb 20 sp is really higher than carb 21 sp, i might need to consider an alternative
    my budget can afford me carb 21 sp the most, if carb 20 sp price is jz slightly higher then i will jz buy carb 20 then....

blinan8088:
    can u quote me the marginal price btwn carb 20 n carb 21? thkz in advance

Choyonn:
    wow...28lbs...tats really high for me...

11. blueagle

blueagle Regular Member

haven't tried cab 21s.

12. blinan8088

IT Programmer
    Cab21 costs around IDR 650,000.- here and the Cab20 costs around IDR 800,000.- You can use www.xe.com to convert the currency.

13. zeroexz

zeroexz Regular Member

thkz alot, the marginal is like RM 80~90...

i have another question here, i heard tat the "special" version of carb are ussually the inferior version of the sp one. had u actually tried, lets say 21 special before, was the difference significant from the sp version u had?:)p i m running out $$$, so have to consider special version....)

thkz in advance again

14. dimitri

dimitri Regular Member

Sandakan,Sabah, M'sia.. currently in Auckland, New
    well ... i used to use carbonex 21 special for few years..it's really good for defense and since it's light, it's also suitable for dobles (tht's wat i felt) when smashing, i cant really do a fast smash with mayb the head is light? (or mayb im not really good at smashing :p) But too bad .. i broke the frame when i was trying to save a drop shot last week :( However, i baught the armortec 700, apparently it's a better racket for me. I can do the smashes tht i wanted to, the net shots and also the stability of the racket is awesome. It didnt take me a long time to get used to the AT700. Even though i heard many ppl said tht AT700 is not really good for defense, but for me, the AT 700's defense is not bad.

15. zeroexz

zeroexz Regular Member

thkz 4 ur advice:)

well may b its easier for players to switch from oval frame to iso frame racquet, tat make u get use to at700 faster i think

16. dimitri

dimitri Regular Member

Sandakan,Sabah, M'sia.. currently in Auckland, New
    No probss..~ well maybe..~ haha ..but too bad .. here in nz no 1 is selling cab rackets...i might will sent my broken racket for repair when i go back to m'sia.. depends on wat price will it cost ..if i's not worth it . i might will get either mp88 or ns9000 :p haha.. which wil u prefer between mp88 and ns9000?

17. zeroexz

zeroexz Regular Member

i doubt tat the repair costs would be....expensive:p

hmm...mp88 is better in terms of ball control, net game. its a more deffensive less offensive type of racquet, while ns9000 works the other way. i think if u r comfortable with the offensive play with ur at700, then obviously u might wan to have a try on ns9000:D but if possible, try borrow the racquets from sumone else b4 u purchase:D

18. blinan8088

IT Programmer
    Hi zeroexz,

I haven't tried Cab 21 special yet, so I cannot give you the comparison. :) Sorry.

19. zeroexz

zeroexz Regular Member

so after a search i hd made over the forum
    can i say that, carb 20 is a more all around racquet, while carb 21 is a more ball control + better defensive racquet?

also carb 20 generate more smashing power?

can anywan confirm tat for me? thkz

20. Choyonn

Choyonn Regular Member

i tried mp88 and it's crap... get the ns9000