Not on form? does it apply for us non professionals too?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by yy_ling, Oct 20, 2006.

1. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    you might hear alot of players not being on form and under perform in tounrnaments. For me, I've had bad days where i didnt even know what Im doing on court. I keep hitting the rims and its irritating and also worrying because Im afraid that it will damage my racket.
    so, do you guys know how to stay on form mentally like being happy and also how to stay on form physically like eating the correct food cause I ate curry before playing thats and it happen, is it the food?

2. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    yup...it'll happen to everybody...i'm the same...hitting the rims...missing the shots...sometimes it's just i'm tired...lazy...or just not into the game

3. crosscourt

crosscourt Regular Member

Legal
    It could be a sign of mental fatigue. You could take a break from playing for a few days. It often works for me.

I don't know enough about diets but I can tell you that it helps me if I keep drinking water during the session. I've heard people recommend dried fruit as well

4. morewood

morewood Regular Member

It happens, too some more than others, usually if I am having a bad night I pack up about half an hour early and have a shower then head off to bed, not a lot I can do to pull it back if its not working theres no way of me forcing it.

5. Alaric

Alaric Regular Member

IT Consultant
    I think it happens to all of us from time to time.

Sometimes you are a little tired, or have something on your mind. Maybe you've been stressed or are a little bit tense. There are so many things that can mess up your timing.

I've had night like that and just tried that little bit harder to try and compensate, but I just ended up straining things, in the end I decided it would be best to go home early rather than do some serious damage. I just went home and showered and had an early night, and next time I played I was fine. :)

It can be some many things, and it's not always the same thing that causes it. Don't let it bother you. The more you play the less bad days you will have. :)

6. K-MusclePower

K-MusclePower Regular Member

happens 2 me quite often. what i would do is finish my game. sit out for a few games until im cold. then ill do a slow warm up and ill slowly get back into the game. works for me

7. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

A mars bar or whatever the equivalent in your country, when eaten, may allow you to perform better for 10-20 minutes. I normally eat a bar before the first game of a match to sharpen my senses and reaction. On my very off days, when I simply did not get enough sleep, eating a bar would increase my wakeness for awhile. As I dislike slightly both sugar and chocolate, I have not become addicted to the it, and only use it when I need a fast energy 'injection'.

8. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

coffee works 10x better ;)

9. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

If we are looking for pure stimulants, I can think of much better ones. But a sugar rich chocolate bar has far more energy to kick-start the body with. I don't know of a single player who drank coffee before, during, or immediately after badminton.

10. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    I think it really is a sign of mental fatigue, In the morning I received my academic results which sucked alot, then got held back by a grumpy teacher, and had to watch my schoolmates sing out of tune, finally went to play. Maybe my mind is really tired and stressed up. I feel really dissapointed that day, I prepared alot for the game and it ended up like that I nearly broke down :( anyway thnx for the advices