regrouping Indonesia's men's team

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by freelast, Oct 20, 2006.

1. freelast

freelast Regular Member

Just heard news that Indonesia's men's coach got fired. Taufik's former teammate Hendrawan will be Taufik's coach, for coaching Taufik and Simon.

What about Sony? He's retired, or not in the national team, or in the team but just not mentioned in the news

2. sayakeren

sayakeren Regular Member

Public Relations
    Sony is still there, but I gez not mentioned bcoz he's been off-publication these days due to his injury and unpleasant achivements. The one who quit is Sigit Budiarto. And actually Hendrawan will not only coach Taufik and Simon; he is now responsible to handle the whole national men's single's team.

The previous coach, Joko Supriyanto, was being offered to coach the national woman's single's team but he refused the offer and decided to leave PBSI.

I'm a bit sad about why Joko is out from PBSI. He said that the offer to him to coach the woman's single team is an indiscreet way of PBSI to make him leaving PBSI.

I'd rather think that PBSI decided to exchange place of Hendrawan/Joko just to see if this will work better than before. And probably PBSI saw how Joko has been successfull in breeding new talents in men's single (Taufik, Sony, Simon -- despite their inconsistent performance) after years of vacuum (last time glory was on Hendrawan's/Hariyanto Arbi's era in 1990s).

Maybe PBSI hoped Joko could do the same to the woman's single team...which has been quite unproductive for many years; last time glory was Susi Susanti's -- so years ago....

I don't know...I really feel bad abt Joko leaving PBSI...shouldn't he take the offer in a positive thought? But, oh well, we never know what's inside PBSI....

3. freelast

freelast Regular Member

Thanks for the detail story. It's very informatice.

I think Joko was forced to leave according to your story. Since he's very successful, if PBSI wants something new, it should use Hendrawan to coach ladies first. Also said you said, women's team needs more tune up.

4. byelnats

byelnats Regular Member

This is a surprising news indeed. Honestly, the whole national training camp is in a mess. We don't have any consistent MD, MS, WS and WD. The only stable department right now is XD.

Hopefully the rotation is going to bear some fruits later on. They training camp itself has lost their prestige. Players from local clubs are beating national camp players more and more these days.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..there's a link which has all the related reports/stories on this news, here:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37222