cab23 vs. mp77

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Lars, Jul 28, 2001.

1. Lars

Lars Guest

Hello, I want to buy a new racket and I have searched a long time. Now, I find two rackets which I think are good for me ,cab23 and mp77. But which shall I buy???
    The cab23 is 18US$ cheaper than the mp77 here in Germany.
    Thanks for replies!!!

2. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Um, hard to say, i haven't tried either of them but i'm quite sure they are different in their owns ways, head shape is the most noticable 1. You have to try 1 and see which 1 you find more suitable. This probably doesn't help but if your not sure, just choose the 1 you like more....

3. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    These two racquets are quite different (I've both, but the Cab 23 was broken). If you like to play with Cab and want a more powerful racquet, Cab 23 is a good choice. If you are a beginnner/intermediate level player and don't have particular passion on Cab, go for a long racquet with Isometric head shape - these design characteristics can already bring some improvement to your game (provided that you get familiar with your racquet).

I personally don't like MP77 - the 2U version I've is heavy, but not particularly powerful. If I can afford the reduction in manuverability, I'll choose MP100 which can give me the extra power.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Have tried both briefly. Although not overtly impressed with either racquet, I feel cab23 has more balance towards the head like Ricky mentions (power). Given a choice between the two to buy, I would go for MP77. It looks better as well. Very powerful smashes are not an option for me.

Please note these are my personal opinions and choice. The final decision is yours.