Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TERENCE
    I agree with seawell. Li Yong Bo is an evil guy. He must get a lot of bribery from the provincial government to let his people to go into the World Cup. Who knows? I feel pity for the China Open Champion ZhangYaWen. Yang Wei and Chen Hong. Actually, Chen Hong's game is improving and raising to another standard especially psychologically. As we can see, he beat Peter Gade and Taufik and almsot beat Lin Dan in WC. Now he beat Bao in CO. I dont know why Li Yong Bo is not chosing Chen Hong. I feel pity for those Chinese players who has the potential to win and can not go. What can they do?
    Li Yong Bo is the only person control the live and dead of the players. Li Dan lost in CO, ( it is unbelievable for Lin Dan to lose in the 2nd set with a big lead) perhaps Li Yong Bo asked Li Dan to lose the match to Bao beforehand so that his ranking can be higher. Chen Hong perhaps is not listening to Li Yong Bo and he got punished by not allowed to go to World Cup.
    haha.. ur thinking skills is very excellent..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz
    no need to panic, at the moment it seems as if china can throw a shuttle into a crowded street, pick the 2 women it hits, call them a WD pair and still pick up the gold medal!
    to extreme , what if the shuttle goes to the fat china lady ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default It's So Scarry

China is flooding with talent. Zhu Ling is only 22 (this year she already won Indonesian Open) . Besides ZN, XXF and her, China still have Jiang Yanjiao and Wang Yi Han(both 20) , Lu Lan and Chen Li(both 19) and Wang Ling(17). Now the scarry part..Gong Zhichao(29) , Dai Yun(29) , Zhou Mi(27) and Gong Ruina(25) are all forced into retirement because of the flooding of talent..if they are playing for other country, I am sure they are all still around..like Wang Chen (HK), Yao Jie (Holland), Pi Hongyan (France) and Xu Huaiwen (Germany)......What can other countries do??? Dream........
    Last edited by malaysia boleh?; 10-26-2006 at 07:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malaysia boleh?
    China is flooding with talent. Zhu Ling is only 22 (this year she already won Indonesian Open) . Besides ZN, XXF and her, China still have Jiang Yanjiao and Wang Yi Han(both 20) , Lu Lan and Chen Li(both 19) and Wang Ling(17). Now the scarry part..Gong Zhichao(29) , Dai Yun(29) , Zhou Mi(27) and Gong Ruina(25) are all forced into retirement because of the flooding of talent..if they are playing for other country, I am sure they are all still around..like Wang Chen (HK), Yao Jie (Holland), Pi Hongyan (France) and Xu Huaiwen (Germany)......What can other countries do??? Dream........
    gosh.... 25 goin to retire...??? i wonder if MAS veterans CTF-LWW are china men.. wat r dey doing now[if they r china shuttlers] at there age?? should b coach ady gua..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew China had young players coming up but not that much
    btw, Gong Ruina or Zhou Mi retired because of injury (or both )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For your info..Lu Lan won this year Korean Open..Jiang Yanjiao is this year Chinese National Game champion..Gong Ruina is now working as a government officer (sports department) in her home town, Yiyang (Hunan province). She is one of the World Cup organising committee's member. She retired partly is because of her long term nagging injury. By the way, she is getting merried next year. I think Zhou Mi never carry any injury with her. She is a victim of Li Yongbo's policy. That's why now she is reunited with her former coach Li Mao (Li Yongbo nemesis) in Malaysia..hooray..China lose is Malaysia gain.
    Last edited by malaysia boleh?; 10-27-2006 at 11:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For your info..Lu Lan won this year Korean Open..Jiang Yanjiao is this year Chinese National Game champion..Gong Ruina is now working as a government officer (sports department) in her home town, Yiyang (Hunan province). She is one of the World Cup organising committee's member. She retired partly is because of her long term nagging injury. By the way, she is getting merried next year. I think Zhou Mi never carry any injury with her. She is a victim of Li Yongbo's policy. That's why now she is reunited with her former coach Li Mao (Li Yongbo nemesis) in Malaysia..hooray..China lose is Malaysia gain.
    hahaha..good..good..serve li yongbo right.. huhuhu.. come come zhou mi.. malaysia welcomes u... i m waiting for zhang ning to come over malaysia..haha.. dream for another decade mayb.. keke..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gong ruina retired bcoz she go to acting rite,so now she working as govermment officer,btw she married to sigit hahaha<exbf>

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cesc fabrigas
    gong ruina retired bcoz she go to acting rite,so now she working as govermment officer,btw she married to sigit hahaha<exbf>
    Oh Really???!! She is going to married to Sigit? are they going out together all this while? I have no idea abt it at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigit n gong ruina broke long time already that time peter gade and camelia martin are hot couple,it so funny sigit say he want learn mandarin hahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cesc fabrigas
    sigit n gong ruina broke long time already that time peter gade and camelia martin are hot couple,it so funny sigit say he want learn mandarin hahaha
    Oh ya.. I remember now. Sigit said that he wants to learn Mandarin. But did they really go out together? I thought that it was Sigit who likes Gong Rui Na.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seawell
    Men's team:lin dan、bao chunlai、cai yun/fu haifeng、zheng bo/guo zhengdong
    MS:lin dan bao chunlai
    MD:cai yun/fu haifeng zheng bo/guo zhengdong

Women's team:zhang ning、xie xingfang、zhu lin、gao ling/huang sui、yu yang/du jing
    WS:zhang ning、xie xingfang
    WD:gao ling/huang sui、yu yang/du jing

XD:zheng bo/gao ling 、xie zhongbo/zhang yawen

Without olympics Wd champion yang wei/zhang weiwen and China open winner chen hong

I guess Ina team will be able to defeat China Team this time in Doha...

It is clear now...

ANy INA's Mens Double and Mixed Doubles are better than China's.
    On Men's SIngle....TH is progressing very well...he is now having a break now....

TH still sees LD as his strongest opponent....who he will defeat in Doha as his last Asian Games...

Ina will grab 3 golds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seawell
    Without olympics Wd champion yang wei/zhang weiwen and China open winner chen hong
    i'd like to see them on court as well. but too bad. it looks like they are going down slope now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indra
    I guess Ina team will be able to defeat China Team this time in Doha...

It is clear now...

ANy INA's Mens Double and Mixed Doubles are better than China's.
    On Men's SIngle....TH is progressing very well...he is now having a break now....

TH still sees LD as his strongest opponent....who he will defeat in Doha as his last Asian Games...

Ina will grab 3 golds
    but Team China's spirit is the strongest in the whole world

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why they didnt send Zhang jie wen and Yang wei???they are olympic champion worr...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with seawell. Li Yong Bo is an evil guy. He must get a lot of bribery from the provincial government to let his people to go into the World Cup. Who knows? I feel pity for the China Open Champion ZhangYaWen. Yang Wei and Chen Hong. Actually, Chen Hong's game is improving and raising to another standard especially psychologically. As we can see, he beat Peter Gade and Taufik and almsot beat Lin Dan in WC. Now he beat Bao in CO. I dont know why Li Yong Bo is not chosing Chen Hong. I feel pity for those Chinese players who has the potential to win and can not go. What can they do?
    Li Yong Bo is the only person control the live and dead of the players. Li Dan lost in CO, ( it is unbelievable for Lin Dan to lose in the 2nd set with a big lead) perhaps Li Yong Bo asked Li Dan to lose the match to Bao beforehand so that his ranking can be higher. Chen Hong perhaps is not listening to Li Yong Bo and he got punished by not allowed to go to World Cup.
    All the above are assupmtions.

For CHN, they might have 10 different choices (players or pairs) who have the ability to take home a medal. Who you going to select, if you can only send 2? Therefore, the coach is facing a lot of pressure, as if he can't get gold + silver, there're always the ones jumping out and shouting like you, "hey, why u send xxx, instead of yyy... bad choices, since xxx lost..." The problem is, how you going to know yyy must doing much better than xxx BEFORE the event?

The selection progress is complicate, and there's no perfect solution, and always a risk involved. Some of the selections are done based on recent status, or overal ranking, some might serve the purpose to train young players. Neither one is perfect, and it's not fair to say, "see, i know that 5000 years ago..." The truth is, no one can be that sure before hand.

Plus, Du/Yu are promise young players, and WD is fairly a safer gold for CHN. Give them a chance to gain experience is a "sooner or later" progress anyway. You can argue that they are LYB's native. However, why the natives should be punished, because of the native nature??? It's not like LYB skip all the national team player, and get a no name native player from a beauty peagent something...
    Last edited by LazyBuddy; 10-30-2006 at 10:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, Chen Hong's game is improving and raising to another standard especially psychologically. As we can see, he beat Peter Gade and Taufik and almsot beat Lin Dan in WC. Now he beat Bao in CO. I dont know why Li Yong Bo is not chosing Chen Hong. I feel pity for those Chinese players who has the potential to win and can not go. What can they do?
    Li Yong Bo is the only person control the live and dead of the players.
    1. LD was in the olympics, because of his "most recent" records back then. However, he lost in the 1st round. Recent record is a good reference, but does not gurantee anything. If LYB select CH instead of Lin Dan, if CH lost early, he will be facing much more trouble than selecting LD.

2. LYB might not be popular, but he did get his job done. If he's like a corrupted dumb head as you described, I am sure he lost his job maybe 200 years ago already. Instead, he took SC, TC, UC and most of the WC back home. Yes, the players and the coaches did a lot of work, but you can't say LYB just sit in his office, and doing nothing.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast