User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too much conspiracy theory here.

LYB send Du Jing/Yu Yang cause they are still young about 21? and for them to gain experience for this kind of events.

Usually China send lots of youngster in Asian Games so their atheltes will mature, gain experience and winning later in Olympic games. They combined old and young players. So if the old players retired before Olympic, they still had the youngster to count on.

Their strategy is of course so effective. Proof is China rank 2 in the last Olympic only under USA with a small margin of gold medal. And lots of the gold medals for China team came from youngter atheltes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With this kind of combination, China probably can grab at least 5 medal out of 7. MD and XD is still an open event. With XD, Indonesia had the best chances to winning gold medal.

Zheng Bo/Gao Ling is good combination considering Zhang Jun started to slow down in his games. Meanwhile Zheng Bo is a good XD players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I see from China team, LYB try to be fair as he can.

Example: WS. Its really a suprise when he play Jiang Yian Jiao in Uber and World Champion. Cause from her achievemnet this year in international events she didnot had any titles.

Compare with Lu Lan 1 titles and Zhu Lin who had 2 titles (not 1). Although JYJ is China National Champion, the most important things is it doesnt matter if you can win all your teammates, the most important things is you can beat other players from other countries so you can create final with your teammates.

But JYJ did not deliver it. She lost to Petra in QF WC2006 and lost to WPT in China Open R16.

Sending Zhu Lin is the best choices, cause she is the best China players right now except for ZN and XXF against other Asian WS.

Who can beat Zhu Lin if she play third singles in women team events?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indra
    I guess Ina team will be able to defeat China Team this time in Doha...

It is clear now...

ANy INA's Mens Double and Mixed Doubles are better than China's.
    On Men's SIngle....TH is progressing very well...he is now having a break now....

TH still sees LD as his strongest opponent....who he will defeat in Doha as his last Asian Games...

Ina will grab 3 golds
    3 Gold Medal,this is logical target! The Golds will coming from Individual disciplines : XD (Nova/Lilyana)-MD (Kindra)-MS (TH). How about CHN? On paper, 99% CHN can grab 3 gold too from their specializations Women's Team-WD-WS. As usual in Male division CHN's best chance depends on LD's effort (Team and Individual). With 3 MS shuttler in top 5 WR, it should be easy for CHN to win Men's Team gold but can't lookdown the other candidates MAS-INA plus KOR as reigning champ (all KOR top players have long preparations for this AG with their absentees after World-meet). LYB absolutely has big aim to dump bad memory 4 year ago in Busan (only 2 from 7)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CLELY
    3 Gold Medal,this is logical target! The Golds will coming from Individual disciplines : XD (Nova/Lilyana)-MD (Kindra)-MS (TH). How about CHN? On paper, 99% CHN can grab 3 gold too from their specializations Women's Team-WD-WS. As usual in Male division CHN's best chance depends on LD's effort (Team and Individual). With 3 MS shuttler in top 5 WR, it should be easy for CHN to win Men's Team gold but can't lookdown the other candidates MAS-INA plus KOR as reigning champ (all KOR top players have long preparations for this AG with their absentees after World-meet). LYB absolutely has big aim to dump bad memory 4 year ago in Busan (only 2 from 7)
    OK..INA vs China

LD vs TH = This time TH will win
    Fu/Cai vs Kid/Hen = Kid/Hen
    Bao vs Sony = Bao
    Luluk/Alven vs any = Luluk/ALven
    CJ vs Simon = 50:50

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK..INA vs China

Bao vs Sony = Bao
    I highly doubt it, especially with TH's recent performance. Yeah, CHN still has some weakness in MD, but Fu/Cai is no longer "sure meat" to anyone, instead, they have the ability to take anyone down.

The funny thing is, now days, INA MD is facing the same problem CHN MS used to face, as you can't lose. If any INA MD lose a point, pretty much that's it. With highly competitive CHN MD pair now, it's great pressure on INA, as their MS are clearly 1 level below their opponents.

Unless INA finishes off CHN in 4 games, say TH and 2 MD all win, INA will likely to lose. Which nation has a strong enough MS #3 to face CJ? Mostly, no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK..INA vs China

Bao vs Sony = Bao
    6 months ago... Thomas cup semi-finals...

CHN 3:0 INDO.

come on... give us some excuses now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK..INA vs China

Bao vs Sony = Bao
    LD vs TH = LD will win easily! TH not in form
    FHF/CY vs Kido/Setiawan = INA pair have good record over FHF/CY BCL vs Sony = BCL more likely to win
    Who will Luluk/Alven play?
    CJ vs Simon = Simon has no chance

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default History no indication of future

Quote Originally Posted by bananaboy
    6 months ago... Thomas cup semi-finals...

CHN 3:0 INDO.

come on... give us some excuses now...
    As Alaric says (in a different thread), 'Form is temporary, class is permanent'; outcome can change pretty fast in badminton.
    Take Fu/Cai: within a month of winning the WC title (with some luck), they lost to three different MDs, twice outclassed in 25 mins or less.
    Indications are INA can only get better while CHN can only get worse, so my bet is on INA. MAS can be written off in the AG.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK..INA vs China

Bao vs Sony = Bao
    In your mind if INA meet CHN in final, INA will win Gold with score 3-2??I hope so. Based on latest WR, I guess 2nd MS should be Simon (22) vs CJ (3) and 3rd MS Sony (38) vs BCL (5). Advantage side for INA is MD area and CHN is 2nd plus 3rdMS but unpredictable result in 1stMS, seems TH and LD are the trump card of their teams.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift
    As Alaric says (in a different thread), 'Form is temporary, class is permanent'; outcome can change pretty fast in badminton.
    Take Fu/Cai: within a month of winning the WC title (with some luck), they lost to three different MDs, twice outclassed in 25 mins or less.
    Indications are INA can only get better while CHN can only get worse, so my bet is on INA. MAS can be written off in the AG.
    You are pretty much contridict against urself in "outcome can change pretty fast" vs. "INA can only get better while CHN can only get worse". To me, MD result (maybe with a bit exception for Tony/Candra) is the most unpredicatable one in recent events. Yeah, Fu/Cai struggled a bit after WC, which MD pair (besides Tony/Candra) can even close to be a consistent title claimer?

I agree INA still have an edge on the 2 MD matches, but that edge is far slimmer than CHN's edge on 2 MS (#2 and #3). Therefore, the 2 INA MD facing the pressure of "must win", otherwise, they are pretty much no chance to break the great wall in team event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think INA will lose the mens team, it's more likely malaysia to be worthy opponent for the china

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baihaki_as
    i think INA will lose the mens team, it's more likely malaysia to be worthy opponent for the china
    yaya..good good... but indo is still a stronge challenge..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's really unbelievable how fast kido/setiawan has surpassed yulianto/hadiyanto... last year, they were just a bunch of kids..and now they have just beaten lundgaard/eriksen and cai/fu without much challenge.. unbelievable?...

kido/setiawan, i think, will win against any chinese MD...
    come to think of it, if only INA has the gunawan/ wijaya tandem... it would be a sure gold...haha

natsir/ widianto pair has always had better games against their chinese counterparts...

The only remaining question is whether Taufik will be in his best condition... both physically and mentally... I hope this time he wouldn't get busted by LD... BCL will not be a problem against TH, TH has recently won two consecutive meetings with BCL... IO and JO...

I just remembered, TH has a 'neutral' record against LD... 7-7 most of those wins was before the 21-point system...lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bic33
    kido/setiawan, i think, will win against any chinese MD...
    come to think of it, if only INA has the gunawan/ wijaya tandem... it would be a sure gold...haha

natsir/ widianto pair has always had better games against their chinese counterparts...
    INA has a realistic chance of winning 2 golds (MD and XD). Forget the MS and men's team. It will take a miracle to win golds in those 2 events!

I hope Nova/Butet (and to a certain extent Kido/Hendra) don't screw up! They tend to do so when the pressure is high (like the WC).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think there'll be a suprise from sony DK, he always give the best if it comes for the country.

and surely from Taufik too, remember his father in law is the chief of KONI now, i think he wouldn't be happy if taufik fails so the preasure comes from his family now and surely it will be a different motivation for taufik himself and you know what happen if taufik in the best form

differently i doubt markis/hendra will win this match, but the different comes from alven/luluk eventhough their last perfomance very bad, it comes that this event maybe will be the last judgement for them so maybe you can hope that there'll be a suprise from them.

Indonesia full of big suprise if it comes to the name of country except for taufik (maybe he just want to make his Father in law happy but that's the way i like him)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really funny thats everybody count off Mas.

My prediction in team events final?

China will meet Mas. Why?

With WCH again playing, he will play as third singles. WCH already play countless of team event and had good mental. The only way to beat him is if you had higher skill and speed .

He will not play poorly form nerve when the score line is 2-2. Like KBH did or Simon Santoso. I still remember when he trash Simonthird singles in Sea Games team event last year when the score 2-2.

From all other teams third MS, only Chen Jin had the best chance to beat him. Otherwise, if the situation got 2-2, Mas will surely win. But before that, if Malaysia send WCH to Asian Games?
    Last edited by hcpoirot; 11-08-2006 at 11:50 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast