U's

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by TrunkZ69, Jul 28, 2001.

1. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    Do you guyz prefer a 2U racket or a 3U racket? Why do you prefer this? PLease give me input and so on. I mainly use 3U rackets, but wonder why most asain countries use 2U. Any real reason? Ok THX

2. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Here in Singapore most, if not all the rackets here are sold in 2U unless they only come in 3U. I prefer using a 2U probably because i used them more, i also have grown to play with a heavier racket, when i use a 3U racket, my timing goes off and i mess up a lot. So i guess my reason for using 2U is that i'm just used to it....

3. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    2U racquets are more durable - this is one of the major reason why only 2U racquets are available here (Hong Kong). Take Ti-10 as an example, most of the broken units I've seen so far are 3U.

However 3U racquets are more suitable for people with less strong wrist and arm. I play with both 2U and 3U. In general, 2U racquet has more power and 3U racquet can be swinged faster.

4. May

May Guest

MY REasons r pretty much the same as byro's. 3Us feel as though they have no power.

5. ari

ari Guest

Re: To ricky

can you tell me why 3U is less durable?is it that it has less carbon so that it is lighter or i heard that the difference is just human feeling when the handle's weight is increased so that it is more balanced

6. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student

icic, cause i think most of the rackets here in the US, are 3U. I'm guessing they sell us 3U so it breaks quicker and we buy a new one :(. Oh well, maybe next time i buy a racket, i'll get a 2U. I need to build my arm more anyway. Ok later. When i use a 3U and a 2U , a 2U does really feel quite alot heavier.

7. zero

zero Regular Member

Student

but trunkz.......don't you remember that Yonex badminton racquets bought in North America have a 6 month warranty...... :)

8. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT

I don't know the exact reason, probably like as you said. It is a shop owner told me this - he said that Yonex HK distributor avoid to import 3U racquets because of high failure rate.