Two questions

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by drifterXL, Oct 22, 2006.

1. drifterXL

drifterXL Regular Member

1. my dad is considering either a mp30 or mp25. from what i have searched, the 30 is slightly better. what i am confused about is at our local stores, both sell for the same price. why is that? i know one has to be at least slightly better in terms of features. lets assume that both rackets fit my dad well.. so its just getting the better one.

2. i have an opportunity of getting either a mp99 or a Ti-10 for an amazing price (same price for either). i dont know which to get, since i am a beginner. this is gonna be a long-term investment.. as in me using the racket 5-10 yrs from now. our rackets last a very long time, since we dont play intensely or anything. our old isometric-60 has lasted us i think 7 years so far, and its still fine. both rackets are authentic, and i am not buying off ebay.

2. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    mp99 and ti-10 are not beginner rackets i sugest you should both get the MP30. it will last you a long time because you dont play on intensely and will be less expensive then the mp99 and ti-10, which if ur a beginner, will only hinder your preformance and make it harder for you.

3. drifterXL

drifterXL Regular Member

i see. well i already have a Cab8200, so its not like i dont have a racket to learn with. i guess ur right about the level of difficulty, but i felt literally compelled to buy either one. why? remember i referenced a mp30 costs $100 CAD... i could get either the Ti-10 or the mp99 for as low as $120 CAD :O and after i graduate this yr, i will be playing a lot more on my own.

also on a side note, both rackets are not highly strung or somthing making it hard to use. both are strung at 20lbs, with BG65 string.

4. Steven_Master18

Steven_Master18 Regular Member

student
    120 $ cad for mp99/ti 10?? its used right?

5. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

are you getting the mp99 or ti10 off a person? cause stores don't sell authentic racquets THAT low of a price. but its not only the string tension that makes a racquet hard to use, its just the characteristics of the racquet, you'll know what i'm talking about once you get it. Anyways if you want a long lasting racquet, get the ti10, mp99 is more balanced but ti10 is more durable, and is more smash orientated.

6. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    dont be scared, their are still options, either the mp99 and ti-10 are fake, or used, which is ok, check them before buying to make sure their in good condition or fake(search the forums), you could get the mp30 which is a lot less stiff probalbly making it easyer to generate power at your level, so just take this one step at a time, but dont stop, badminton is the greatest sport in the world! lol i just came back from practice. :)

7. t3tsubo

t3tsubo Regular Member

Student
    if you can get both for 120 each can you fwd your friend/stores email adress to me? i would be interested in whichever one you dont buy :D
    assuming they're authentic and not broken
    personally i like the mp99 better. You've been playing with cab 8200 though; and thats a head light racquet. Ti10 and mp99 are both head heavy so you have a bit to get used to.

pm me that guys email/ tell him mine and ill buy it for 150CAD even :)

8. drifterXL

drifterXL Regular Member

wow like 5 replies in 5 minutes.. lol!

k first off, yes it is off a friend. used, but i already inspected both. great condition! it is just up to me whichever one i want. again, both are authentic and the real deal, strung at 20lbs with BG65 string.

yes i do play with the Cab8200 and noticed how head light it is.. i think i prefer something head heavy to help with my (lack of) power. lol i didnt exactly choose it.. friend just gave it to me. so again, it is up to me which i choose (which is why im asking here)

t3tsubo, could u give a reason why you prefer the mp99 over the Ti-10?

lol and sorry, he only does local kinda thing.

9. drifterXL

drifterXL Regular Member

sry for double post, cant edit previous one.

forgot to ask, why or how is a Ti-10 more smash oriented? wouldnt the mp99 be geared more towards smashing? and the same question goes for the balance. wouldnt a Ti-10 be more balanced? i have held both, and i think the mp99 was heavier. and since my friend used both, he also said that since the mp99 is heavier, its not as great on defence as the Ti-10.

10. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    what weight are they? u2? u3? cuz it makes a diffrence if their diffrent.

11. drifterXL

drifterXL Regular Member

both are 3U. and apparently my msg has to be 15 characters lol so i'll just type this and blab about nothing. btw i asked some of my friends that are experienced with badminton, and they say the mp99 is slightly easier to learn with. the best way though they say is to try both, which i will (hopefully) do next practice.

12. t3tsubo

t3tsubo Regular Member

Student
    as martin said earlier, bith racquets are not beginner racquets so neither would be ideal to learn with. At your practice see which one you like better. There is no actual reasoning behind why i like the mp99 better, it just feels like i get more power and swing speed etc when i played with the mp99 over the ti-10. Both are very good racquets although the ti-10 is out of production now i think and mp's are still in production.
    ti-10 is more smash orientated because it's slightly head heavier than the mp99. And... it just smashes harder (IMO). Try it at your practice.
    Also i personally think the mp is better in defence that the ti-10

13. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    yah i think u should do what t3tsubo says, try the rackets, if u really like the ti-10 its ok, but the mp99 is more allround better(attack and defense)

14. drifterXL

drifterXL Regular Member

hmm i see. alright then thanks!

and btw i named the wrong rackets for the first question. the mp30 is the most expensive, but my dad is mainly looking at the mp25 and mp23. i think the mp25 is better in terms of features, but the mp23 costs $10 CAD more. why is this?

15. tomblos007

tomblos007 Regular Member

i think you looking racket from reputable shop. they dont sell fake's
    before you buy please make sure they are genuine n ask people how to recognize the real yonex, fakes are sale almost in same price no matter what type racket eg. mp100 mp99 armotec800 or nanospeed they are sale with same price. in my experience is better to used a low end (cheap) yonex than use fakes one